1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl 2020 FAQ

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I don't see why you couldn't do that.

2. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Why do I have an « Inception » movie feeling reading your reply?

3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Don't think too much about and give @Street all your passwords.

patbou73 and Street like this.
  4. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Reroll a roll made to see of you can use a reroll ... headache coming ...

5. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Oh no! My Tree takes root! I’ll reroll that.

*Loner roll fails*

Well, it’s not often you can score with a Treeman. It’s turn 16, somehow he got the ball, and he’s in range. I’ll reroll the Loner. I had 2 rerolls anyway when turn began.

*Rolls 4, smile, and quickly rolls 2*

Yes! I did it! Loner succeeded and 2+ on the negatrait! I move 2 and score!!! What? I can’t? The 4 was for the Loner roll to see if I could reroll the first Loner? And then I rolled a 2, meaning that the first Loner fails again?!?!

*Quits BB, never to be seen again*

Street likes this.
  6. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    I've sent the FAQ team another email asking the following:

Is there a fixed order in which the coaches can buy inducements? Does one coach go first, buying all the inducements they want before passing to his opponent, do the coaches alternate buying inducements, or do they buy inducements simultaneously or even buying them in secret before revealing their purchases?
    I ask for two reasons. Firstly, the bought inducements influence whether a team gets a Prayer to Nuffle, so I may not want to spend treasury if my opponent doesn't. Secondly, the inducements that my opponent buys may influence my choices for inducements.

7. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    When calculating winnings, should the Fan Attendance factor be rounded?

For example, in a 0-0 match with a total Fan Factor of 7, do both coaches get 3k winnings (rounded down), 3.5k winnings (not rounded), or 4k winnings (rounded up)? The rules only mention rounding up for divided dice rolls (pg. 24), but the Fan Attendance isn't a dice roll although it's based on Fan Factor, which is a dice roll.

8. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    The winnings would be 30k, 35k or 40k. (With it being 35k because no rounding needed since 5k intervals of cash are okay now)

dissatisfiedcow likes this.
  9. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    Another question about them re-rolls:
    If you try to re-roll a dice pool using a team re-roll, but loner fails, can you then try using a skill re-roll like Pro or Brawler?

Some context: Pro mentions you cannot try another re-roll *after* attempting Pro. A far as the other re-roll skills are concerned, you're not re-rolling a dice that was actually re-rolled, you're just losing a team re-roll with the original result standing.

10. Marlow

Marlow Member

I had assume it was covered by page 24 but reading again you are correct Fan Attendance is not a dice roll itself. I think we can conclude it is not 30k. Just leaves a toss up between 35k and 40k winnings. I expect the later.

11. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    I agree with @Street on this one: 70k / 2 = 35k, although strictly speaking it would be ((7/2) + 0) x 10k = 35k according to page 69.

No need for rounding, because (in this calculation specifically) there are no dice rolls. 40k doesn't really make sense to me either, because 3.5 is a perfectly fine number on its own; we don't need integer arithmetic here.