1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules Blood Bowl 2020 Official Team Tiers

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, Aug 12, 2020.

1. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    I feel like some of the ability nerfs have been overstated. Clawpomb is the most obvious nerf, but pushing MB to the injury roll increases you chances of removing someone from the field, not to mention flat out killing a player.

Piledriver is a decent skill with a dirty player or sneak git just because it gives them the chance of knocking someone down and then fouling, so I don't think it's bad, I just feel who wants it has changed.

dissatisfiedcow likes this.
  2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    The difference is that the clawpomb combo used to absolutely define the meta, and it no longer will, this is a good thing. The other things that had a disproportionate impact on the game was natural one turning, which is also gone. Both of these things were extra obnoxious because very little in the way of counterplay was possible so really it was just a case of hope the dice don't favor my opponent cause if they do there will be nothing I can do about it.

3. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Very much agreed. I know there is some gnashing of teeth online, but honestly the changes have been far more positive than negative. Throwers are actually valuable and needed for high ag teams rather than something to skip, death isn't as common making early league setbacks less likely, and I honestly don't hate shadowing and tentacles as much as some people have voiced. The odds haven't shifted drastically against the players with those skills, and they're easier to understand and use which is always a good thing.

I do have some quibbles about some team design (seriously, I wanted to see Dwarf Linemen trade out block for -something- else (say brawler or arm bar) just to make that team feel more interesting to play against without severely nerfing that team. Stab having a way to be buffed like dirty player and sneaky git do for fouling would have been nice as well, but that's just my irrational desire to cause a little chaos with Dark Elf Assassins talking on that one.

Coach likes this.
  4. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    One problem I have with Piledriver is that because it is a foul, I likely wouldn't take the skill even if it didn't make you go prone.

As it currently is the situational use of it is way too low. The few players that may make use of it (Like a Black orc because cheaper bribes) would probably only use it from a random skill level up.

5. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Unless you also take sneaky git, which afaik completely negates the possibility of sent off.
    It may be also more effective than piling on in the right circumstances as fouls get assists.
    I'm wondering if possibly it may be used to buff removal rate for those "kind of bashy" teams which don't have access to mutations

6. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Honestly I like the idea of it the most on the Ooligan, or anyone else who either starts with dirty player or rolls into it or sneaky git. Like give it to a Deathroller to increase the roller's chances to remove a key peice before you lose the roller for the game for example, or pair it with sneaky git to decrease your odds of being removed since only a double on the injury roll would count.

Sure, it doesn't stack with claw and MB like it used to, but it has uses on different players giving you a tactical fouling peice of you absolutely need to kick something off the field.

7. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Thing is, I would rather have a dedicated DP piece just do a normal foul action and not have anything go prone, plus sneaky git normal foul can move after fouling now too...

8. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    But isn't piledriver an additional foul allowed? It Read in the description "free foul" which I read as an additional foul beyond the normal full allowance.

9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, but it is still generally only useful to a blocking player rather than a normal fouling player.

And players who foul you want to keep as low tv as possible so taking a 40k secondary skill on something like a Ooligan, who then needs lots of help to make a block to utilities it is just extremely inefficient.

10. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Fair point, loading up the Ooligan is probably a less optimal plan. A Piledriving Pump Wagon would make more sense in that respect.

11. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    The skills removes the possibility of being sent off on a double for the armour roll but not the injury roll, so it halves the likelihood rather than negates it.