1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl 2020 Rulebook Leak

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, Aug 2, 2020.

1. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    With the full book leaked now, I keep coming back to "what the hell did they do to the star players?"

They've removed some players that are actually good value for teams (Chaney) and included absolute garbage like Grak and Crumbleberry.

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    So with all the complaints about passing rules and how lots of players can't pass easily now, a lot will just be inaccurate and scatter one square thus Diving Catch has gone up a lot in value. Also since it provides +1 to catch an accurate pass that's even going to be helpful for AG 2+ players when they are marked. Note it does specifically say accurate passes so I don't think you get the +1 bonus when catching a hand off.

They've basically just included Star Players that they have miniatures for. I'd expect to see more if and when the inevitable expansion comes out which adds most of my favourite races which are missing from this book. (Vampires, High Elves, Chaos Dwarfs)

Gallows Bait likes this.
  3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Some might say that GW only published details for recently released stars but now is not the time for such reasonable talk. Despicable power gamers have taken the people’s star away.

Turn out the lights. Let’s sit in a circle, drink absinthe and talk of happier times. There is no joy in the world. Puggy has left us.

4. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    This add to the dwarf conspiracy theory. It was replaced by the white dwarf OP starplayer...

5. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    As I'm coaching a human team with a diving catch Catcher right now, these changes play right into how I run my humans already. Maybe they'll do it better now. :cool:

6. Geryon

Geryon Active Member

Steam Username:
    Geryon
    Country Flag:
    Defense seems like a trap skill for agility teams since it can only be used on the opponent's turn. Seems more like a good secondary skill for bash teams. Like a Golem with blk/sf/grd taking defense as one scenario. Or another one where there's a wall of dwarf grd/sf with a few with defense and maybe arm bar.

7. Geryon

Geryon Active Member

Steam Username:
    Geryon
    Country Flag:
    What's missing is a proactive way to counter grd and tkl that's obvious. While bash teams have a direct and more intuitive way of winning agility teams still have to set up turns to disrupt, break a cage and ball sack mean while losing players to kill skills. I don't see defense helping them that much.

8. Geryon

Geryon Active Member

Steam Username:
    Geryon
    Country Flag:
    Though I guess agility teams can stock pile spps and live off inducements and the better star players until they have enough to determine their secondary skills to be more proactive in their defensive play.

9. Alistair Hutton

Alistair Hutton Member

Country Flag:
    Have I misread Defensive? I thought it just cancelled guard. So you move your defensive player next to your opponents wall of guard and now you can block to your heart's content without worrying about their guard players?

10. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    It only works on your opponents turn I believe.

11. The Commorragh Raiders

The Commorragh Raiders New Member

Country Flag:
    Anyone got the rules downloads? Seems they all dissapeared overnight

12. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I’m not convinced it’s a good skill, but if one player in two has it in a tight elf screen (one square apart), a Guard can’t base two and be any effective on its turn.

And yes, it appears the spoiled pages have been removed. Makes sense. Somebody must have received a legal notice.

Is it just me, or the Black Orcs team is a very much worse version of Lizardmen? 0-6 Saurus are much better than 0-6 Black Orcs, and Skinks are better than Goblins, too. Come to think of it, Kroxigor is better than Troll, no? I think developers missed something there...

13. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    Brawler is huge + 50k bribes so kinda worse but not just worse.
    In a league the play differently due to redraft, BO don’t have the same need for block so can get both guard, mb and still be redrafted + goblins cheaper than skinks so will have more/different skills on BO than saurii

14. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Defensive seems more useful for protecting the ball when your team has it rather than using it to steal the ball. If your screen or semi-cage has a couple of Defensive players in it then the other team can no longer wedge a Guard player in and get easy 2D on the carrier.

A ball carrier sandwiched by two team mates with Defensive and Guard basically means the opponents cannot even get 1D on the carrier if they don’t have a high Str player to blitz with!

15. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    It seems to me that a great build will be Block, Guard, Defensive and Stand Firm / Side Step. Makes for the ultimate support players.

16. Devil Inside

Devil Inside New Member

Country Flag:

Scatter is still 3 times, not just once (pg25)

17. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yes, but not 3 squares in the same direction. I, too, think Diving Catch is getting better under BB2020, both for catching accurate and less accurate passes, or on a player marking opponent's catcher to help getting the ball in our hands on their turn.

18. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Yeah mea culpa. You would have thought they would put that info with the passing rules, especially as one of the previous complaints was that the relevant rules went together in previous rulebooks. Diving Catch will still go up in value but not as much as I first thought.

Speaking of which I was trying to find a list of turnovers...

19. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Please let us know if the spoilers can be found elsewhere. I keep getting an ERROR 404 on the website you posted yesterday.

20. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    I don't think people have noticed it before, but Wood Elf Catchers no longer start with Sprint under the new edition. I don't recall anyone here saying anything about this particular nerf. Watching a Jimmy Fantastic video brought that detail to my attention.

An unintended effect of the price increase on any players (Wardancers and Throwers in this case, but all teams that got that nerf get the same impact), is that this will increase the Team Value, and thus will affect the inducements you'll get or you'll give.