1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl 2020 Rulebook Leak

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    ... who knows, maybe those players with never used skills may prove indeed worthy using ...

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Yes and the way they have done the costs means you will see far more of the lesser used skills than you do currently.

You have a rookie dwarf blocker who gets the MVP with 2 games to go in the season.
    You take the random skill knowing he is going to be replaced after a couple of games as there is really no point not doing so.
    He ends up with shadowing :( but rolls a 6 in the last game when a dancer dodges away , follows and tackles him on the next dodge to win you the match.
    A skill you would never pick but ends up giving you a story you won't forget.

3. Silfuin

Silfuin Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Silfuin
    Country Flag:
    Yeah ... about shadowing it's much more useful than most people think, even with mv6.
    We all refrain to take chances given the possibility, so if you must move a player marked by a shadowing player and in case he succeed you'd end up in a really bad spot you might abandon the original plan and resort to suboptimal moves.

4. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Another reason to keep tv low and recycle players frequently is that they have reduced the cost of various star players, which makes them more interesting now.

5. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Redrafting is going to depend a lot on what rules are used. I am assuming that something like 9 matches in a season and a 1300 cap are going to be around the norm.

1300 with the extra 20k per player per season really is not very much at all. Something like 1150 to buy the basics, then 150 for the extra to keep some players. That is something like 2 players with around 5 skills between them. It seems unlikely that anyone is keeping more than 2 players if the limit is 1300, at least from the 2nd redraft onward.

Maybe we will see the limit a bit higher for some leagues, 1500 say, which allows for more retention. But I guess it is hard to know right now.

6. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    The more skilled players you have, the less rerolls you need. Redrafting with 2 RRs, or even 1, will be the norm, I think. You can always buy more later, but you won’t get another shot at buying back your best players. Same goes for Apothecary.

In that environment, Leader skill is NOT good. Unless Thrower has many other skills, I doubt paying 20k for the skill + 20k per season will be a good deal compared to the price of a team reroll.

7. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Unless I missed something from the leaks (as I've had to get the info all second hand since the original album is gone) when you redraft you keep whatever upgrades (re-rolls, cheerleaders, fan factor, ect) you already have. So that should be less of an issue since it won't compete with getting back your favorite players.

I've come into the leak topic late though, and I have to ask if we know if tackle got updated or if it stayed the same?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  8. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Tackle is the same @BitsHammer and all of that stuff still counts against the overall tv cap when redrafting.

9. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Ah, that I was not aware of. All I knew is that it "carried over".

And shame about Tackle. Looks like the Dwarf team is still the Stunty Gatekeeping team (well, Stunty and Amazon).

10. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Dwarfs look like they will be very strong

11. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Dwarves look like they’ll continue to be boring AND frustrating to play against. Still don’t understand why they didn’t get Arm Bar instead of Tackle in the new edition. Tackle across the board just disables whole teams.

12. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, I feel like we'll adapt to how passing is changing, but Dwarves will remain the unmoving object that squishier teams will mash into at times.

13. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    My thought exactly. If it was only a starting skill for a positional it'd be one thing, but the team hard counters a lot of teams an builds.

At least their existance makes Wrestle better.

14. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah. They could have made the Dwarves Blockers 0-4 of, and create a proper 0-12 Lineman Dwarf with the same stats, but without Tackle and only G access for 50k (or GS access and 60k). That would have made more sense, without nerfing them too much.

BitsHammer likes this.
  15. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Or swap tackle for wrestle on the linemen. Like I don't hate the idea that Dwarves would be hard to shift, I just don't like the team being built around countering dodge and nothing else. It makes them lack dimension as a team and is why they've gained meme status.

16. Yinkin

Yinkin Member

Steam Username:
    Yinkin
    Country Flag:
    I agree wholeheartedly. I like the idea of wrestle instead of tackle, that is an interesting idea. Makes them very hard to shift and gives them an up against Block players.

I played with the idea of changing dwarf linemen to (2016 stats) MV4 ST3 AG3 AV9 Block. Swapping Tackle for an average Agility. It would make the team slightly more maneuverable and less static and maybe more fun to play with and against. Although it would remove the Dwarf team weakness of only having 4 average Agility players.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    BitsHammer likes this.
  17. dissatisfiedcow

dissatisfiedcow Member

Country Flag:
    But that would make them cost around 130k+ each :eek: Note that a Black Orc Blocker costs 80k and you have given that +1AG (super expensive) and Block (~20k).

The change from Tackle to Arm Bar makes sense to me, especially comparing with OAW Dwarf Blockers. However, I'm also fine with Dwarves staying mostly as they are now: good at getting ties but difficult to win with, appealing to boring/safe power players, and the "end boss" for Stunties.

We're not even likely to get Amazons back, since they don't really tie in with any easily marketable and copyrightable Warhammer Fantasy lore, so why would GW bring them back? Countering a very strong (low TV) potential team doesn't really seem like a strong argument to me...

18. Yinkin

Yinkin Member

Steam Username:
    Yinkin
    Country Flag:
    Whoops! My bad! I meant to write MV4 ST3 AG3 AV9 Block... I edited my post above. Yea, ST4 would be horribly excessive!

dissatisfiedcow likes this.
  19. BitsHammer

BitsHammer New Member

Country Flag:
    Amazons could come back with a slight tweak to a more trademarkable name, and possibly some tweaks to the team design like they did to the new Nobles from the Brets (trade a couple skills, change positional limits).

If we want to argue for any team not coming back I'd put my money on Slaan. Good bye Frogs, hello Circus. Well, at least there's a dancing bear (who really should have grab instead of prehensile tail).

Coach likes this.
  20. MoriMoriMori

MoriMoriMori New Member

Country Flag:
    Hey, guys.

Where can I get full selection of leaked scans of the rulebook? Old links I found while googling are broken now. Could somebody re-upload them somewhere, please?