1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl 2020 Rulebook Leak

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, Aug 2, 2020.

1. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    No it's gonna be
    2 rerolls
    2 dancers
    1 catcher
    8 line elves

Only difference is you're gonna have 10k less gold saved up for an apo. Not a big nerf.

And no. You still don't need a thrower.

Coach and BallztotheWalla like this.
  2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    I agree, unless there is a rule punishment for stalling making the thrower more important, I just wouldn't take a thrower.

Also any anti stalling rule can still avoid the thrower as there will be a way to play around it, just more awkward and need a bit more skill in positioning than hiding a thrower at the back.

3. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Maybe we'll see you online in BB3 as well? :cool:

Look forward to seeing the first articles in due course. :pow:

4. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
  5. Coach

Country Flag:
  6. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Where can we see the spoiled pages? The images on imgur seems to be pretty limited...

7. Coach

Country Flag:
    Sorry to say that's pretty much it at the moment. I've seen on social media people are saying it's going to be a holiday release. I really hope we get it before Christmas though.

8. burning_phoneix

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    Love the flesh golem, pumpkin ghoul runner and the zombie with a sack on his head.

:)

9. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Holiday means released in November normally so it’s available for Xmas.

10. Coach

Country Flag:
    I'm hoping more like within the next month... or at least to have my hands on it before the next inevitable pandemic lockdown here in the UK.

Antonis likes this.
  11. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Pandemic or Brexit chaos, either or. :p

12. Alistair Hutton

Alistair Hutton Member

Country Flag:
    I think people haven't commented enough on that 2+ Pass on the Human Thrower.

I believe this will completely change the game for starting Humans. To the extent that starting with a Catcher on your roster will be the correct option.

So far (with that change and the various changes to other teams) there seems to have been a bunch of very subtle buffs to Humans.

I approve deeply.

burning_phoneix and Gallows Bait like this.
  13. Coach

Country Flag:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/07/terrifying-touchdowns-from-beyond-the-grave/

Looks like Wights have been replaced by Wraiths on the Necromantic roster. Rumour has it they have No Hands, Foul Appearance and Side Step. I like the idea to make them even more different from Undead teams.

Not so keen on the models for the Wraiths personally, there used to be some really traditional looking Scythe carrying ones for Warhammer Fantasy years ago that looked far better (search for Nighthaunts). There's not even anything that Blood Bowl looking on them apart from the daft looking socks pegged to the ropes.

14. AllyRdr

AllyRdr Member

Country Flag:
    They look like they'll snap the first time they get knocked down.
    Disappointed by the necro changes, but I'll wait and see the rules. If the wraiths still have guard access (if guard is still a thing), then it's maybe not so bad. If they don't, then it feels like a fairly big and unnecessary nerf.

15. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I think the jury is still out but the emphasis has really changed for Necro without the Wights. It's delightful that they're unique now but No Hands just seems like a penalty too far on a team full on zombies. No one likes a frenzy ball carrier so the ghouls will be vital in that role.

16. Coach

Country Flag:
    Ghouls always seemed to make sense as the de facto ball carrier already anyway imo. No Regeneration and low armour value meant you wanted to protect them more than either the Wights or the Werewolves.

patbou73 likes this.
  17. burning_phoneix

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    I think someone once crunched the numbers and found that outside of Elves, Humans were the team that attempted passes the most. Whether its because its newbs just chucking the ball or humans being bogged down against bashy teams and forced to toss it. So +2 I think makes humans a real dual threat team on offense now.

18. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    As a perennial Human coach with a love of the passing game I am extremely happy with the change. Not so bothered about the 'flinggs though.

19. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
  20. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    TTM 1 turner where you can use thrower to pass to said fling before you throw them now thanks to TTM and pass being seperate actions.