1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl 2020 Rulebook Leak

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, Aug 2, 2020.

1. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    If that is true I need to play flings again.
    A fling who can pass the ball and get passing skills and catchers who starts with catch and sprint.
    1 turners will be no longer be ruined by the kick skill.

Gallows Bait likes this.
  2. Alistair Hutton

Alistair Hutton Member

Country Flag:
    Humans throw a lot of short lateral passes to work round the edge of the opposition. Bumping passing up to Elf level means they'll also be able to lob it down field now too.

There will be a lot of interesting human thrower builds

3. Alistair Hutton

Alistair Hutton Member

Country Flag:
  4. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    How does that table work exactly? There's no more rolling for doubles or stat ups?

5. AzraelEVA

AzraelEVA Active Member

Country Flag:
    You accumulate spp on a player and then buy one of the categories. So you can invest in many random skills in order to get a okayish player really fast (46 spp) or try to play the long game by createing a stats monster but that costs 172 spp.

6. Devil Inside

Devil Inside New Member

Country Flag:
    Nope, you'll only roll a d12 if you choose a random skill, for stat increases you'll have to save up more SPP, but then that's random as well so could be risky.

7. Alistair Hutton

Alistair Hutton Member

Country Flag:
    It really changes how players can and will develop.

Players starting with Block have a guaranteed but expensive path to Blodge.

The entire iniquity of the random chance of stat increases becomes a powerful risk/reward moment.

I can imagine certain teams going for random skills and factory line 1st skill up then fired if it is not X.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  8. Alistair Hutton

Alistair Hutton Member

Country Flag:
    Hands up if you think you will be able to take Mighty Blow multiple times?

9. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Necromantic Roster:
    [​IMG]

Snotling Roster:
    [​IMG]

10. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    One of the rumoured points was that stars such as Morg get the +2 rather than ordinary access to it.

11. Coach

Country Flag:
  12. Coach

Country Flag:
    Cheering fans table:

[​IMG]

13. AzraelEVA

AzraelEVA Active Member

Country Flag:
    I bet you can pick knuckle duster on a player with mighty blow and have +2

Alistair Hutton likes this.
  14. burning_phoneix

burning_phoneix Active Member

Steam Username:
    burning.phoneix
    Country Flag:
    So if a players has Primary as "General, Agility" and Secondary as "Strength" and he gets 3SPP he has to roll randomly in EITHER General or Agility or has to roll randomly with all General and Agility skills in a pool?

15. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I don't think we know that yet.

16. Devil Inside

Devil Inside New Member

Country Flag:
    We don't, but my guess would be that you'll be able choose which skill table you want a skill from if you have more than one. Would be easy enough to randomise I guess, if they wanted to do it that way, but those players with only one option would have a bit of an advantage then.

Gallows Bait likes this.
  17. Coach

Country Flag:
    Speculation is it works like the random skills in Necromunda which would mean you can pick which skill category to roll in. So in your example you could either do a General skill or an Agility skill.

Another thing that I've noticed that I haven't seen anyone bring up yet; the standard skill categories that have been leaked all have 12 skills in them. Will this mean we get a D12 in the game and Strength and Agility categories are going to get some new skills?

The New General Skills:
    1. Block 2. Dauntless 3. Dirty Player 4. Fend 5. Frenzy 6.Kick 7. Pro 8. Shadowing 9. Strip Ball 10. Sure Hands 11. Tackle 12. Wrestle

The New Mutation Skills:
    1.Big Hand 2. Claw 3. Disturbing Presence 4. Extra Arms 5. Foul Appearance 6. Horns 7. Iron Hard Skin 8. Monstrous Mouth 9. Prehensile Tail 10. Tentacles 11. Two Heads 12. Very Long Legs

The New Passing Skills:
    1. Accurate 2. Cannoneer 3. Cloud Burster 4 Dump Off. 5. Fumblerooskie 6. Hail Mary Pass 7. Leader 8. Nerves of Steel 9. On The Ball 10. Pass 11. Running Pass 12. Safe Pass

General used to have 14 skills in it, though Kick Off Return and Pass Block were merged into the one skill and moved into Passing skills in the guise of On The Ball. Iron Hard Skin and Monstrous Mouth were added to Mutations. Accurate was split into two adding Cannoneer, Cloud Burster, Fumblerooskie and Running Pass to Passing skills.

So any guesses whats going to be added to Strength and Agility if every category is getting 12 skills?

Current Agility Skills: 10 in Total
    1. Catch 2. Diving Catch 3. Diving Tackle 4. Dodge 5. Jump Up 6. Leap 7. Side Step 8. Sneaky Git 9. Sprint 10. Sure Feet

Current Strength Skills: 11 in Total
    1. Break Tackle 2. Grab 3. Guard 4. Juggernaut 5. Mighty Blow 6. Multiple Block 7. Piling On 8. Stand Firm 9. Strong Arm 10. Thick Skull **EDIT** 11. Brawler 12. Anti-Guard skill?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    Gallows Bait likes this.
  18. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    We know pile driver so that would be a strength skill replacing piling on (making it a strength skill is gonna make it useless for hybrid teams)

then there is the anti guard skill that could be ag or st

brawler is also a st skill

Coach likes this.
  19. Coach

Country Flag:
    Ah yeah I forgot about Brawler and mentions of an anti Guard skill. I'm not convinced an anti Guard skill would be better than just taking Guard, though I can see some situations it could be useful. I would imagine that could be a 12th Strength skill, seems a bit odd to put it in Agility.

20. Coach

Country Flag:
    Just did a bit more digging and forgot that we've also seen Safe Pair of Hands which lets you choose which square the ball scatters from your player if they get knocked down. That certainly sounds like an Agility skill.

Also Arm Bar which adds +1 to AV rolls for failed moves away from this player. I could see this being either Agility or Strength though I would have initially put it in the latter, which also conflicts with an anti Guard skill also sounding more like a Strength skill over Agility.

So there we would have it, 12 skills in each category.