1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl 2020 Rulebook Leak

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by Coach, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Ah, didn't spot the AG reduction. That is fairer. Definitely not a passing team though, that's for sure, unless Mutations are used to compensate, as sometimes happens now.

2. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Ah, well now you mention it, haven't a lot of rosters moved to 0-12 for lineman equivalents?

3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    There's also the issue about miniatures for Familiars not being in the team box.

4. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    True, but Halflings aren't in the Human box either. I've just checked, some teams are still 0-16, like skaven and goblins.

5. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Familiars can get big hand on normals ...

6. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    I think that is a fake. Font is different etc

7. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    If I understand correctly, a Wardancer will need to make a 4+ roll to jump into the most basic cage (carrier and 2 corners), while it only is a 3+ roll under the current rules, right? A surrounded Wardancer (as it sometimes happens, when blitz fails and he’s the carrier) will no longer be able to jump out to escape, unless on a 6. Or is a 6 no longer an automatic success?

Say what you want, as a Wood Elf coach, I’m pretty salty about the new rules. It seems all races got a buff, while they got nerfed. I don’t mind a little nerf under LRB6. But in BB2020, I’m pretty sure the tax on passes (now 4+ instead of 2+), Throwers and Wardancers (+5k each) and the nerf on Leap, will all have their toll considering all oppositions are now better teams. It’s the combination of both nerfs and buffs that leads me to believe, at the moment, that they’ve went a bit too far.

They’ll probably still be playable, but clearly no longer at the top, while still as fragile as they always were. The vanity pass downgrade will be a huge thing in Leagues and Perpetual Leagues, as all other teams will keep the same trajectory as before on skill advancements, while Elves will get denied the SPPs they need to level up (they don’t have Strenght access to ramp up Casualties), while still being a farm for the other teams to get CAS.

Humans got Halflings to throw, Chaos got Imp to kick, but Woodies are still without a Throw Team Mate friend for their Treeman.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  8. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    chaos chosen.jpeg

Looks like this might be the real Chaos roster. Warriors and Beastmen are unchanged, but you can now choose which Big Guy you want. Also the Mino now has Unchannelled Fury instead of Wild Animal...

9. Devil Inside

Devil Inside New Member

Country Flag:
    Leap will still likely be the same as it was, different to the new jump rules we've seen and 6 will still be an automatic success. So maybe not quite as bad as you're thinking (other than the non-thrower passing).

10. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well, Wardancers have AG 2+ under BB2020, and Leap allows them to ignore a single -1 modifier. Leaping into a standard cage means there are 3 markers (-3, turned into -2 with Leap skill), so it now takes a 4+ roll to succeed, right? Isn’t it 3+ under the current rules?

11. Devil Inside

Devil Inside New Member

Country Flag:
    Wait, has the Leap skill been leaked? Sorry if it has, I haven't seen that so was just guessing. I will now go and look for it, I'd only seen something on jumping.

12. patbou73

patbou73 Active Member

Country Flag:
    Coach likes this.
  13. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I agree leap is a bit worse, but at the end of the day the cost changes have affected most teams similarly, some up, some down. At the end of the day wood elves have been top of the pile for over a decade so some downgrade was always going to happen.

As for Halflings on humans, I'd trade them for almost any other improvement to humans who themselves are far far below wood elves in terms of success rates.

Ravers likes this.
  14. Devil Inside

Devil Inside New Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks. I'd seen the page for jumping somewhere else and didn't realise there were extra images. It would seem you were right, 4+ in the scenario you mentioned. Interestingly, this is initially close to how I wrongly played Leap (counting tackle zones) when I started playing.

Edit: You will at least be able to jump over prone bodies with all your Elves more easily than most!

15. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    At low TV leap is less crucial than one may expect. At high TV worse leap is annoying...

16. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I don’t think these rules really allow for high tv that much at least not progression to high tv. The skill purchase system means you can get vastly unequal teams of the same race and tv at high tv.

17. Coach

Country Flag:
    Wood Elves have needed nerfing for ages. They briefly lost the Treeman during the living rulebook era back when my Chaos Dwarfs who had a worse win rate got nerfed. Wood Elves then got the Treeman back and swapped one movement on the Catchers for Sprint and they still kept on winning (much like Undead).

I don't think the changes will hamper Wood Elves that much overall, sure they will be worse off but I think it may well bring them back in line and if another team becomes #1 then great (I suspect it's likely to be Undead who will still be up there as the team to beat).

The rumours of there being an anti-Guard skill will help all the Elven races. You can still do a Run, Pass, Run, Hand Off, Run all on 2+ to go end to end, you just have to use the Thrower for the first part of it. It will be a bit trickier to fully capitalise on turnovers though that's probably good for balance and if you have a second Thrower built for defensive drives then you can still work around it somewhat.

Being able to get a random skill after 3SPP still means it's far easier to skill up an AG4 player who can get the ball on a 2+ to score compared to a lot of other players and it's also a good thing you can't just sit deep stalling whilst going 2+, 2+ with any player on the team building up those completion SPP. I'd not really considered the passing changes in line with the SPP and skill progression changes but they do make sense together, at least they do to me!

Regarding Humans, Jervis has always said that they were intended to be one of the best races, so improved passing ability and the option for one turn touchdowns via Throw Team Mate to match up with Orcs are handy advantages. Halflings will also make cheap foulers which could be handy. I'm not convinced it's enough to make them one of the top races though, time will tell! (I was all aboard the ST3 Catchers change though doesn't look like they will get that.)

Interesting to see that Chaos will get to choose their weapon of choice when it comes to a big guy. They don't appear to have changed much otherwise so it's going to be interesting to see what the different favours the Chaos gods will offer, as will all those special rules every other team is going to get too.

Gallows Bait likes this.
  18. Coach

Country Flag:
    Here we go: Old World Alliance

[​IMG]

Chaos Renegades and Dark Elves
    [​IMG]

Lizardmen and already seen Necromantic Horror
    [​IMG]

19. Coach

Country Flag:
    So the Dwarf Blocker has Arm Bar instead of Tackle and Brawler instead of Block. That's pretty impactful...

Bit odd that the Humans have animosity with the Halfling players since they've been added to standard Human teams now.

They also get to choose between Treeman and Ogre.

20. Gallows Bait

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Oddly only the human positionals get it. Must purely be a balance issue.