Blood Bowl II Screenshots + News

nige22

Veteran
Country Flag
Misogyny from gamers doesn't surprise me, hell it hardly shocks me anymore, it just makes me sad. Tarnishes all of us and is ultimately toxic for the industry too. I wish they'd all just vote with their wallets if they hate the game so much, but I just know that they'll be falling over each other to buy the thing when it comes out.

Idiots.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
I wouldn't worry to much. Most of these people are probably try hards or die hards that don't speak to the real consumer base.

Zodd, I think we're talking about two different things here. These guys posting the shit that they are on a companies website are representing us. To not be represented by them you have to seperate yourself from them, the way to do that is to identify what behaviour is unacceptable and to not change the conversation or sweep it under the rug. Changing what we call them from sexists or misogynists to game terms such as try-hard and die-hard changes the way they see themselves, it let's these ignorant individuals look at themselves as being misunderstood instead of being lacking in basic human qualities.

Zodd, not a shot at you, the comments on that site are getting worse (though some comments are pointing out that very thing). Letting those thugs off the hook to move the conversation forward just isn't palatable.

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Saw the comments in their initial form, got annoyed at the neckbeards creating a toxic environment. There's plenty to criticize in Cyanide, bringing someone's sex into it does nothing good.

Last edited:

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Saw the comments in their initial form, got annoyed at the neckbeards creating a toxic environment. There's plenty to criticize in Cyanide, bringing someone's sex into it does nothing good.

If Cyanide brought sex into the equation I am sure BB2 would be a success :D

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
And now, bbt has become just like the comments on that thread :(

not a great day

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
And now, bbt has become just like the comments on that thread :(

not a great day

You just fancy Freki! Those beautiful eyes hey... :D

If Freki happened to be a freaky moustached or bearded weirdo you d probably think differently? :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15S0g8pG6HU]Pedophile Beards - YouTube[/ame]

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
If freki were a guy, no one would've discussed her appearance. If Freki were a guy no on one would've hurled abuse (as evidenced by the other three profile posts being abuse free)

Changing the conversation into a joke makes comments like "Nice eyes, how many star players?" seem acceptable when they are not. That is not how you would talk to a company rep face to face. It is not how you should be acting online.

I'm willing to move on at anytime here, but the use of humour to defuse this situation worries me.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
For what it's worth Ken, I don't think that the people that complimented Freki on her "nice eyes" have stepped over any kind of "political correctness boundary". Her photo practically only shows her eyes anyway! You are right that people would most likely have not have complimented Freki on her eyes if she was a man, but I don't see that being relevant. In many countries (such as France where Freki is from) women like to be complimented on their appearance.

I do completely agree that the users who starting hurling insults at her were way out of line, but I don't believe those insults had anything to do with her gender, but rather with how people perceive the work she has done so far. Personally I haven't seen much in the way of positive impact from her work, but she may well have done a lot of good things for the community that I am simply not aware of. Either way, insulting her is clearly wrong.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Indeed.

Insulting either way is wrong and we will all agree. But I believe that had it been a man instead of a woman, Freki would have got some strong verbal abuse aswell either way. The cinic in me wonders if we would have come to the rescue so adamantly in that case, that is all.

Heck, all Cyanide community reps including her so far have suffered verbal abuse in one form or another at the official forums anyways on their very first introduction post. It just reflects Cyanide´s poor communication and community frustration.

Just so to complement Danton post, a word of caution to US patrons: Positive gender discrimination is seen quite differently in the old continent, that is for sure, especially in mediterranean countries, of which France is a main example.

Last edited:

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
a word of caution to US patrons: Positive gender discrimination is seen quite differently in the old continent,

if that is an acknowledgment that discrimination has occured, then I'm satisfied awareness has been raised. thanks to all parties involved, let's see what other news Cyanide drops in our laps.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
if that is an acknowledgment that discrimination has occured, then I'm satisfied awareness has been raised. thanks to all parties involved, let's see what other news Cyanide drops in our laps.

Lol, no, you keep understanding things only in the way you d like. Or maybe I am expressing myself too unclearly. Lets try this again, hopefully a bit more clearly and possibly bluntly:

I dont think anyone here is arguing with you that verbal abuse, gender related or not, is totally inappropriate. But excessive possitive discrimination, as in giving Freki´s a special treatment and defending her damsel in distress "rights" (forgive me for the discriminatory gender pun) not to be verbally abused for the mere fact of being a woman, can often times be viewed with a healthy pinch of skepticism and condescension by Eurolanders.

My point still stands that had Freki not been a woman we would have probably equally seen some form of equally unacceptable verbal abuse at the devblog... But we are not so sure you or others would have come to the rescue of that verbal abuse so fast.

In some cases it is perceived that, across the pond in particular, positive discrimination has gone a bit too far.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Personally I haven't seen much in the way of positive impact from her work, but she may well have done a lot of good things for the community that I am simply not aware of.

She was the one fixing the Orca Cola Cast up with a representative of Cyanide when they wanted one to interview in their podcast.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Viajero, I'm not sure what to make of your response just now. I take it as combative, if it was meant to be so... well, that's not cool. If I misunderstood your tone, that'd be super, but after having discussed this with my wife over the past couple days as this has transpired, I'll let you know flat out, I am not ashamed by my actions. There are a few here that have crossed a line.

If you choose to continue with your acceptance of sexual discrimination and the defense of it, I'm out. This is obviously not the community for me.

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Ken:

I did not read the comments about Freki and having no interest in doing so, but the combativeness in this thread originated with you and does not facilitate any substantive discussion of international cultural norms. Your declaration of "agree or I leave" is severely counterproductive to any such discussion, and I'm amazed you would paint the bbtactics community so broadly.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
This thread has taken a dark turn, I won't be returning with any follow-ups.

Last edited: