1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl II Screenshots + News

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Coach, Oct 10, 2013.

1. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
  2. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Hmm... yeah... I would never really sell any of my leveled up players.

And the only ones I would sell are the ones I my self would not want... players I would normally have kicked off the team due to their injury... which for me mostly means a -1 ST for most types of players is a kick once I have gathered up the gold to buy a replacement... untill then they are either confined to the bench... or the center line of scrimmage. Especially certain kinds of stat minuses on certain player types results in a kick eventually (unless there is something with them that might weigh up such a negative), like a human blitzer with -1 ST, or a human thrower or catcher with -1 AG... I almost never kick players due to a minus in MA or AV, o due to AG loss if it's on anything else then a thrower or catcher... unless they are rookies or I have the cash to replace them. Which means that I am not sure that most other people would want to buy them to begin with.

Not to mention... why would I unload a highly skilled player to another team who will possibly be an opponent down the road?

So I am not sure it will really be that much of a used thing. It's nice that it's there though... just don't think people will really use it much.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  3. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Dode had some reasoning for why trading might actually be meaningful:

4. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    These sound reasonable enough.

However, the marketplace could also be misused similarly to current challenging in Auld World: You could create a few feeder teams, then sell good players to your main team (on a different account).

5. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Especially if that "direct purchase" is allowed, yes.

6. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    No I don't think you can do that... or well... you could... but they specificly said that the only place you can buy and sell players are in a league... and at a certain point during the league (which sounded like it only happend one time), and there are usually only so many possitions in a league... so you would have to get both your accounts in to the league. I am pretty certain that it would only work for a league or two or three, befor someone catches up on it. At which point the reputation would probably start circulating that "these accounts are the same player etc". And if found out both account might even get banned due to it, depending on what the user rules for the game might be.

7. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Selling players to manage your SE is of course something people might/will do, and the same goes for unloading a player and buying a new one of the same possition hoping for better level up rolls for the rookie... both of these things is something I had already thought about when I posted my post about my uncertainty about people actually using the marketplace.

It's just something I am very stubborn with... I don't like to unload players from my team that are skilled and unharmed just because "they cost to much" or "only have normal skills" or something. I can easily accept if a player is killed, or I need to kick them because they have become to injured to keep in the team... but kicking an skilled and unharmed player (with or without double rolls or stat increases) goes against everything I am as a person. XD

Plus, when I started to play BB, the game was in 3rd Ed, and as far as I know there was no such rule as SE that could heavily effect your teams income. So I am used to not having to worry about the cost of my team and it's effect on income. So SE is a rule I have never liked... because it effects my natural will and tendency to want to create a team with 16 max leveled players... which is highly difficult to do now (atleast for teams with medium to low AV, like Humans and below)... since eventually you will just have to relie on luck that none of your players die or are seriously injured in all of the matches you will have to play to get them all to max level... because if one of them dies your chance of actually having the money to buy a new player is pretty much compleatly gone.

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    That's something I might consider. Selling a catcher to be able to afford a new wardancer, when the team is 2000+ TV and has a negative cash flow..
    (Just need a buyer..)

9. Replikant

Replikant Member

Country Flag:
    I still don't like the marketplace

If the marketplace was limited to being an auction-house, then most abusive practises would probably be blocked, as you can't sell
    - from one owned team to another with multiple accounts
    - your best players to a friend in a league when he's competing at the top and you are down at the bottom anyway
    - for token amounts of in-game gold, while also real-world money changes hands (e.g. in high-level tournaments with real-word money or benefits at stake).
    - team-members in exchange for a fixed match-results e.g. a conceded next match (although this is rather unlikely, i assume).

However, the direct sale option seems to allow all of this :(

Also it still needs to be seen how this affects balancing, considering the following points:
    1) you can only sell players between compatible teams, so the more teams of a given race there are in the league, the more options you have, making favourite teams even more attractive.
    Low-tier teams o.t.o.h. are probably out of luck (e.g. halflings, not so many halfling teams and halfling trees are incompatible with wood-elf trees (unless you award/remove "Loner" during transaction).

2) the amount available suitable players for transfer (considering skills and injuries) and available gold at a given TV, will probably be (on average) quite different for each race.

10. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Really expect that it will be only between the same RACE not just compatible players, will avoid some issues and is the simplest way to implement it.

Really cant see it happening much though. The agility teams don't have any money and the bash teams don't need the money.

We will see though.

11. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    I just came across that on the 20th of january there was a "Focus Home Interactive" event called "Le What's Next De Focus". Little information has come out about BB2... actually... no information, that I am aware of, has come out from it.

But I did come across this image on facebook (image below as well). Again it is not much, you can barelly see what is on the screen, or what exacly they are showing. It does seem to be ingame in one way or another though. And I think the team on the screen are Dwarves.

Edit: actually... I found another image as well (will be below as well). Not sure what this one is showing... if it is something in game... or just part of the presentation/information or some kind of power point thing. Think I can see a picture of a Dwarf and a Skaven... the 3rd one I can't make out. Then of course on the right of the image you see a bit of Mordheim.

If this images below does not work, then I do have the urls above.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  12. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    I'm pretty sure the second screen is a team creation page where you select the race with info about the highlighted race below to give you an idea of what their strengths and weaknesses are. The third image is an Orc.

13. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah I did think it could be something like that, and it probably is.

But it might be something else entirely, who knows. Main reason I think that, is because the larger picture does not seem very... Skaveny to me. Also I am not sure I really like the idea of the team-selection page having this colouring... it does not seem very Warhammery, or Blood Bowly, to me. To clean for one. XD

14. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    There are arrows on either side of the Dwarf and Orc. Pretty obvious that you can hit the arrows to scroll through the various races.

15. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Here are two articles from 2 different sites who got to come to that Focus event that the pics that I posted previously came from.

They don't say anything new really. Maybe somewhat confirming a few things, like easier to use in general, better tutorial, better AI, easier to use multiplayer, more options for creating your own leagues and such.

The only thing new I read really, from what I can remember about what I knew befor about BB2, is that they have an option to show the player the chance of success with % instead of the dice roll needed. So i asume it would, if you want to throw the ball for example, show you a "50%" instead of a "4+". It also seems like the game will be landing on the PS4 and XBox One as well.

Other then that there has been nothing new, as far as I know atleast.

PCGamesN

The Sixth Axis

I did also find a recent BB2 video interview, but it is in french, so I have no clue what is being said, and if what is being said is of any worth at all. Anyone here who speak french?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GGfuwEek3w[/ame]

16. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Found a German article from early this morning (European time of course). Google translated it and it did not seem to say anything new really.

But, one thing it did say that cought my attention was this part at the end: "Mai 2015 für PC, Playstation 4 und Xbox One." which of course means that as far as this game news site knows, BB2 will be released in May. Also, if you look at the start of the article, just below the large "Blood Bowl 2 (PC)" name, they narrow it down even more by saying: "Release: 29.05.2015".

How true that is, I have no idea. But it's something for now atleast.

The German article

17. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    There are a few details in there that describe non-rulebook elements. Gear for the players has been possible in BB 1 already, but a camera falling and blocking part of the pitch is new. I certainly hope they don't put too much effort into the parts that are not rulebook compatible. Would be a shame; I guess almost nobody who is not a Tabletop fan will play this, the learning curve is just too steep.

A few nice details I found there:
    Seems like the individual players will talk (at least if I understood that correctly), not only the Cabal Vision commenters. Also, local hotseat mode shall include mous + keyboard vs. gamepad, which might be interesting for some (few) players.

18. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    The part about, for example, a camera falling onpo the pitch, has been talked about befor. But yeah I agree with you... that I hope they do not do to much none rule stuff like that. I mean sure it could be fun for occations, maybe a tournament here and there with it... I just hope that it is possible to turn it off compleatly to if one does not want it.

And that sounds somewhat interesting if your players can talk as well... not that it would impact the gameplay anything really... but for fluff purpouses it might be nice. Again, they should add the option to turn it of as well.

Just like all of the stuff where they talk about the camera movement and such when you play, like it zooming in XCOM style when you do certain stuff and what not. Because as cool as getting a zoomin on your thrower as he hurls the ball halfway across the field, and seeing a zoomed in catch on that to, is... when seen enough time it can possibly get tiresome to have to go through each time. So yeah... an option to turn off all those extra stuff would be nice.

The Hotseat and mouse+key vs gamepad seems interesting also.

It's good to have someone who speaks the language read and see what they found as well... google translate can only do so much after all. XD So thank you. :)

19. nithon

nithon Member

Cyanide Username:
    nithon
    Country Flag:
    Always that stupid console bullshit, guess we wont get a real interface :mad:

20. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Being PC exlusive would not garanteed that the interface will be good though. Plenty of games that are pc exlusive with horrible ui's. XD