1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl II Screenshots + News

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Coach, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    Have they shown any footage or lizardmen or wood elves yet? The game supposedly is pre-released next week and I haven't seen any actual ingame footage of the DLC races.

2. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Nothing i'm Aware of.

3. Mercy Flush

Mercy Flush Member

Country Flag:
    this assumption seems to be cropping up a lot in related forum threads -
    woodies & lizards have not been written yet & there is nothing to indicate
    they will be included in the month of the games release. Those who have
    pre-ordered will get their race once they have been finished - not on the 22nd of sept.

4. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    That is not my understanding, but with Cyanide's lack of communication, I guess there are a lot of assumptions we have to make. I thought they had said because the game was delayed, it allowed them to produce these extra teams in time for the new release date.

5. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    As of the most recent post I could find, they were going to try to have them ready by September 22nd release date.

"These races are currently under production, and will be available for download only after the release of the game, they are not included on the game’s disk/original download. We are working hard to have them ready by September 22."

6. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    Basically... if they had released BB2 on the date they said befor moving the release date to september... so sometime in June (right?)... this, Wood Elves and Lizerdmen, is probably exactly what they would have been working on during these past 2-3 months anyway. So as such I would not be surpriced if the release of those two teams might be a bit delayed, partly due to that they will have had to work on the game it self as well to get it ready for the release.

Now I don't know how long it takes to create a full team... but I do know that creating things like this is very time consuming work, not to mention expensive. So we will have to see what happens.

7. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
  8. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    Beta is open.

9. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    The point here is that Programmers and Graphical Artists are different people. And presumably all the art for the game is done, so the artists can move on to making teams. Meanwhile programmers are so far behind that they are even dropping "pass block" skill just to try to get done with simpler things.

10. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    So, anyone has created BBTactics ladder in BB2? I am itching to make one myself.

11. Phunbaba

Phunbaba Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Phunbaba
    Country Flag:
    Dropping Pass Block? But then how will me Dorfs... NO!!!

12. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    All riiight...

I just played my first game in BB.
    Well, I have to say, it will take time to get used to it.
    During the game I constantly was missing critical information I got used in BB1: enemy tackle zones, player names/numbers/types, square boundaries, just to mentioned the most important ones. Also, the selection bug. I have a player selected but I can't do anything with it, because i clicked (oh, horror!) on some square and changed my mind later. It took several lost turns to figure out to right click to reset the selection. Cut scenes are annoying, automatic camera movement is annoying and unavoidable, subtitles are annoying.
    In team view mode, you don't see player and team statistics, you can't see your roster in the table to see everyone at a glance, you have to click on each card individually.
    There are some positive things, but they are more like decoration and does not improve game experience: stadium upgrade, tickets to enter one competition from another, coach levels. Graphics are better, although it somehow feels too fuzzy, not crisp enough. Not sure why.
    I also still want to see competition management features, those promised that they will be very flexible and would allow lots of custom rules. For now, I could not even find where to set the turn length.

Anyway, they say it is work in progress, but it is awfully close to the actual release day and I am worrying...

What is your opinion? I don't want to sound all that bad, someone point out more good stuff! :D

13. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    BB2 gameplay is very fluid, which I like. I'm ok with the bank rule, but as I've never been in a perpetual league for too many seasons, I didn't have a problem with the old way.

I don't have any leveled players yet, but I'm curious to see how they handled optionally using skills like juggernaut, wrestle, stand firm, etc. I wish stuff like stadiums was optional in leagues. And customization is still pretty bad. I was hoping for either a lot more head options, or being able to customize individual features to create a unique player.

As of right now, with all the features we've grown accustomed to in BB1 not being present (grid, nameplates, individual stats, chat lobby, etc.), it is not an improvement over BB1. Maybe they will be added in the future, but I can't see them being in by release.

14. Snap Wilson

Snap Wilson Member

I already knew I was going to hold off. Eight teams, one of which I have no real interest interest in, plus the prospect of shelling out something like five bucks per team times fifteen teams, give or take, to get the game where it SHOULD be? Hell no. The game engine would have had to blow me away.

I watched cknoor's stream. The game engine does not blow me away. There are some nice additions, but the UI is a long way from where it should be. I'm not even convinced it looks *that* much better. The same clunky animations and drab fields. What are we "upgrading," exactly?

I knew they were using Bretonnians, but I was really surprised to see they also apparently are using Plasmoid's NTBB rosters. I don't mind, really, the changes are fine, but I wish this had been an option rather than the primary rule set.

15. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
  16. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Hm. I finally noticed/considered that they haven't fixed that pass/handoff (according to the rules) are separate actions that need to be called beforehand, just like blitz and foul.

17. Spartakus

Spartakus Member

Country Flag:
    So 1srt team created. So now Orc Blitzers are 90.000k ???

18. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    If they are running with plasmoids NTBB then you will find a few tweaks like that. Most important have they also changed the piling on? In NTBB you can not pile on armour rolls but only injury rolls, giving AV8 and 9 a massive boost in durability and making it almost impossible to get rid of dwarfs - those rules suck apart from thick skull to thralls and AV8 to human catchers

19. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    The only changes i am aware of are:
    Orc Blitzers 90k
    Human Throwers AV8
    Human Ogre 130k
    No Pass Block

If any of these are intentional or not is anybodys guess. As far as i have there has been no answer to this from Cyanide/Focus yet.

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    That's silly. In my world a Piling On nerf would make it only work on armour rolls.
    (And Orc Blitzers would be 80k and Black Orcs 90k)