1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl II Screenshots + News

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Coach, Oct 10, 2013.

1. SorroW

SorroW Member

Country Flag:
    So. Made a couple of teams in BB2. Went looking for CTA or similar. Isn't it created yet? or is it called something I could't find?

/SorroW

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    This is your chance to be master of destiny!!

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I have desided to wait and see if they run with NTBB rules as an option or not - or how much they implement of the NTBB. I might have to switch to FUMBBL

4. NieA7

NieA7 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    NieA7
    Cyanide Username:
    Under7
    Country Flag:
    Fiddling with existing rosters seems rather drastic - there's certainly bits that could do with tweaking, but I don't agree with the basic idea behind NTBB so I'd be very disappointed if that's all we get to play with.

5. Replikant

Replikant Member

Country Flag:
    Oh, NTBB rules, that is a bold move. For me, that could actually be a reason to buy BB2 eventually. Having fouling buffed (which has an abyssmal risk/reward ratio in CRP), while also reducing the no-brainer-lameness of CPOMB (no risk/high reward) is welcome. As for the roster changes...AV8 on a human catcher is sensible enough, buffing Vampire, Ogre, Halfling and gobbos teams also doesn't hurt.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Like St Cloud said I haven't heard that they've implemented the NTBB rules beyond 90k orc blitzers, 130k human ogre and AV 8 human catchers - which are all good changes imo although I get that on principle people hate the idea of implementing changes that haven't been sufficiently play tested.

7. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    The NTBB stuff isn't in BB2.

They have used plasmoids Bretonnian roster and the above mentioned roster changes....and no pass block.

8. Replikant

Replikant Member

Country Flag:
    Ah, I see. The raise of orc blitzer prices is strange at any rate, as far as I know that is not part of the NTBB roster, is it?

9. St Cloud

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Apparantly (i haven't checked this) it was in one of his old versions.

10. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    It does seem odd what few changes they have put in.

Honestly, I would love it if they put the right stuff and sneaky git changes in. Also wouldn't complain if they did the goblins troll change as well for obvious reasons.

Hopefully they offer some explination and even more so, are open to keep making changes to rebalance things as they get feedback. In an online enviroment, it could be easy to get huge amounts of feedback to make balance changes like these. But they either need to actively work on it a lot to get the balance right or not bother trying to make these changes at all in my opinion.

11. St Cloud

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    This is what's lacking. Nobody even knows if they have made these changes on purpose. The guides on their Website don't list all the stat/cost changes. In the "real" beta there was the same level of communication to such questions.

12. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    I'm fine with them making changes and deviating from CRP. It will be great to have BB being a living game with a ruleset under active development. What they should do is set up a separate test server/league where they implement changes, and have them tested over hundreds/thousands of games over a few months. Once the changes have been thoroughly tested and tweaked, bring them over to the primary servers.

13. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    They've stated in interviews they will be tweaking the ruleset to balance things a little. Cyanide's communication is horrible (although the beta feedback forum has more Cyanide posts than I've seen in the past 3 years), but I think it is clear the changes are intentional.

14. St Cloud

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    And in a perfect world written down in an official LRB.

15. St Cloud

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    I seriosly am not so sure that that these 3 changes are intentional.

And what do they do to the game balance? Nothing much.
    And what do they do to revenues for Cyanide? If anything they will be adversely effected. There are basically 3 groups of potential buyers:

• A certain crowd among BB1, FUMBBL & TT players who will hate any unilateral changes Cyanide may make.
    • BB1 players who don't care or may even like the changes
    • Newbies who won't even notice the difference and couldn't care less.
    Why alienate the first lot if it is not necessary? The second group would buy the game regardless and new players don't know the difference.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  16. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    It seems to me that the direction Cyanide is going doesn't really care about tabletop. They are making their own thing, a video game, and don't seem to want to cater to tabletop players. Since the tabletop BB players are the most active and passionate, whether this is a good business strategy or not, we'll see. Look at the stadium enhancements and marketplace in BB2. It is diverging from tabletop in ways that don't make sense for tabletop to ever adopt.

Towards that end, I don't see them making a new LRB or rules PDF either. Blizzard doesn't make a new permanent document when they change the amount of damage a unit does in Starcraft or WoW, they just publish patch notes. I imagine that is the direction Cyanide will go with BB2, a video game. That said, Cyanide should definitely publicize the changes they make to reduce the confusion that is happening now. We'll see if they have a patch notes area when they make their next round of changes.

17. Mephiston

Mephiston Member

Country Flag:
    I dont think that Cyanide are using the CRP rules anymore. On their forum the rulebook they are pointing you towards is the last (as far as I know) LRB6 rules.

Granted... the CRP rules where what was left of the last LRB6 rules PDF after GW ripped out a huge portion of them. So as far as I know they are the same rules, with CRP just not having all the fluff, credits, and maybe a few other things in it.

But, Cyanide are, as of right now (and seems to have been for atleast several months, or more, not sure when they changed it), pointing people towards the LRB6 rules PDF, and not the CRP rules (even though, as I said, the rules still probably being the same in both of them).

This is the PDF that Cyanide is pointing us to.

18. St Cloud

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    As far as i am aware, it was an initiative by a certain dedicated BB player that Cyanide has a version of the rulebook online. I wouldn't read to much into it being LRB6 or CRP or what not.

19. D_Neon

D_Neon New Member

Country Flag:
  20. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Also can only bank 150k now and aging rules are changed.

Also don't forget that stadiums have been added. They allow you to change the rules at your home ground.

Some buffs/nerfs may have been included to compensate for stadiums. For example one improvement permanently sets the weather to nice, another starts both teams with a bribe ect.