1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Bowl II Screenshots + News

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Coach, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
  2. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Ah, to play in non-tutorial, you need to create a team and join a league. It then will ask you if you want Multiplayer or Singleplayer.

3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Just completed my first match in BB2. I reckon I will get used to it quickly enough. Just to confirm the most important button for MM seems to work. My opponent quit half way through the first half. Oh MM you haven't changed.

4. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    my first game, my opponent quit on T3....after he succeeded a pass and catch with dwarves, then failed a dodge....SO TOTALLY UNFAIR! I WAS SO CHEATING! :D

5. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Mine was at least polite about it.

6. Limdood

Country Flag:
    oh he didn't say that stuff, that's just what i pictured running thru his head. Keeps me amused.

7. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I like to think of rage quiters as BB intellectuals who take a look at my tactics. Have a sip of cognac. Assess the probabilties. Then realise they have no chance cos they are playing me.

8. Limdood

Country Flag:
    On a rather frightening note, i've found you can level up a team in single player and then bring the team over to multiplayer...I haven't thoroughly tested which multiplayer leagues i can still enter with a team that has played Solo games yet, but the option exists to quit a solo/multi league and join a solo/multi league, regardless of which one you came out of...

9. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    I think that's actually no problem, in private leagues it's easy to police and in the large open leagues you could always feed a team on rigged games anyway if you cared to.

10. Limdood

Country Flag:
    More changes from BB1:

Concession does not award SPP for the TDs. So if you kill someone T1, and they ragequit, you get 12 SPP (2 MVPs plus the injury SPP). This is good and bad...as it can make advancing a team in MM irritating, but on the whole i think it reduces the "reward" for making someone quit, which will help to slow down the kill teams a bit.

Leaping and 1-square passes (ie. COULD have been a handoff, but passing for SPP) are a bit tricky. For a leaping blitz, you need to select the player, bring up the menu to select blitz and press it, then move the player to the leap start point, bring the menu up, click leap this time, select location, and then finish the move....very involved...will probably burn 15s off the clock, not counting selecting block dice. For passing, same thing...move to where you want to go, then select the ballcarrier to bring up the menu, and select pass, instead of just clicking on the reciever.

Players don't seem to change appearance as they level, and many players are hard to distinguish from each other. As knowing the capabilities and position of each player on the board is important, this is a rather large irritation. Plan on wasting a lot of time clicking on players to see what they do...as well as memorizing skill icons, many of which are way too close in appearance to each other for quick identification.

11. Limdood

Country Flag:
    Concede thing is getting irritating. Just made a new Delf team for MM.

played 2 Helf teams in a row. First one injures a player of mine T1. Later, i hit and injure one of his guys, then hit the BC and the ball bounces into my hands...he concedes.

Next opponent, 0 RR Helf team full positionals....yikes. I sack the BC deep, scoop the ball, get sacked myself, then sack the BC again on 1d, ball bounces into my hands and i run away...4 squares from endzone. He throws a block right off next turn, :skull: :bothdown: reroll :skull: :skull: and he quits before even choosing the result...no chance of CAS, no TD SPP that i was guaranteed to get right after he chose a skull...

12. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I'm not sure how much more MM I'm going 2 do for now. I sneaked in my 3rd match today and yet another 1st half quit. The longest I have gone into a match is turn 6 and I'm not sure I've played 16 turns yet. It's probabily just bad luck but it is sapping my enjoyment for my team and non league play.

13. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I've played 3 mm games. First one the guy conceded on T3 after I surfed an elf Blitzer to death and he failed a 2+ dodge on the next turn.

Game 2 was a fun game against a newish chaos team with a nice and friendly coach. It was a fun game and some nice chat.

Game 3 was a dwarf coach who ignored chat all game until T16

14. Limdood

Country Flag:
    I've had 6 games with my Delves. 3 Helves (all 3 conceded or DC'd), a bretonian, chaos, and rat team. the bret coach was lots of fun to talk to, even though the game went poorly for me. The chaos coach couldn't really speak english and was a jerk (6 fouls in the game, just to try to kill my players....luckily in the 6 CAS i suffered, it was 5 BH and a MNG). The rat coach talked, but thought he knew all there was to know about blood bowl and dismissed any advice or friendly conversation with blatant condescension (this from a coach with a catch/dump off gutter, and a KOR (only...as a first skill) gutter). He lost 4-2 so i enjoyed the result, even if not the dialogue.

So, all in all, 50% game finishing rate, and the people i do talk to and respond are at least INTERESTING conversation.

15. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Have you any idea on how many starplayers are in the game?

16. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah is it just the ones we saw in the promo vid or are there more?

17. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    Couldn't find a list anywhere but just tried some custom matches quickly to have a look:

(Some star players only have their first names for some reason. Also seems some star players are misnamed or have placeholder names that haven't been fixed. Big Rat?)

Humans - Griff Oberwald, The Mighty Zug, Morg 'n' Thorg

Dwarves - Grim Ironjaw, Barik Farblast, Morg 'n' Thorg

Orcs - Varag Ghoul-Chewer, Ripper, Morg 'n' Thorg

High Elves - Eldril Sidewinder, Soaren High Tower, Dolfar, Moranion, Morg 'n' Thorg

Dark Elves - Eldril Sidewinder, Hubris Rakarth, Horkon, Roxanna, Morg 'n' Thorg

High Elves - Eldril Sidewinder, Jordell, Dolfar, Morg 'n' Thorg

Skaven - Hakflem Shufflespike, Glart Smashrip. Jr , Big Rat (Headsplitter I believe), Morg 'n' Thorg

Lizardmen - Slib (misnamed Slibli?), Arsenic, Morg 'n' Thorg

Chaos - Grashnak Blackhoof, Brick Far'th + Grotty, Morg 'n' Thorg

Bretonnian - Griff Oberwald, The Mighty Zug, Dolfar, Morg 'n' Thorg

I'm not very familiar with the full roster of star players so I'm not sure if these are all existing star players or if some have been invented. Seems to be a decent roster, bigger than BB1 perhaps, but not the full roster.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  18. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    There are 6 for each team in CRP. The obvious missing ones are the secret weapons Stars which is a shame as they are the ones I would be most likely to field. This is probably a function of it being easier to not code exceptional skills till the relevant team is in. Hopefully this will be fixed in DLC but who knows.

19. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Its the same group that was in the video - its about the same as BB1, some teams have notable better stars (skaven, dark elves) some worse dwarves (no Zara) orcs (no Dribblesnot).

20. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I will wait and see then if this gets any better or even if they fix bugs in the game