Blood Bowl Team Tiers?

Hi guys,

I've heard quite a bit of talk about tiers of teams, I was just wondering if there was a comon list of which teams fell where and wether this list is different for starting teams / tournaments Vs. perpetual leagues.

Also where do people think the three new teams (Pact, Slann, underworld) fall in the establish hierarchy?

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Tier 3 - Halflings, Goblins, Ogres
Tier 2 - Vampires, Underworld, Slann, Chaos Pact
Tier 1 - Everything else

That is the general guidelines but don't forget that the win rates for the individual races will also change with the team values of each team as well. Chaos start weak but get really good the more developed they are for example.

sunnyside

Veteran
Debate on the matter gets more interesting when you try to split up the "tier 1" teams.

There is a lot of talk about wood elves being "cheesy" or "the best".

And I can see the running race stats for thousands of games in the league I'm in, and once I got to look at NAF stats, both of which have undead as number 1 for win ratio.

After that I think format matters a lot. I play Norse, and I find that they may be the strongest team for a one shot one million gold game. However they seem to have quite the difficulties in managing at higher team values such as you see in an eternal league.

If you're a newer player going into a league, Orc seems to be highly advised all around as they are versatile and forgiving.

Hasdrubal

Veteran
As mentioned to sunnyside, the teams evolve based on the duration of your leagues. Since I mostly play short ones (around 10 games), my criteria revolve around
- immediate effectiveness rather than potential development, as most players get only one skill, if any at all. What skills do your team start with?
- re-roll cost

Tier 1 teams have access from the start to all the players and skills needed for their game (eg. Pass and Catch for a passing game, Sure Hand and several blockers for a running game)
Tier 2 teams usually have a clear strategy (but not always) but miss positional players or skills to execute it
Tier 3 teams usually start with either no useful skill, or skills that are very difficult to use effectively. You should not expect to win regularly with them.

Tier 1 teams: Amazon, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Elf, High Elf, Human, Norse, Orc, Skaven,
Tier 2 teams: Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Khemri, Lizardmen, Necromantic, Nurgle, Slann, Undead, Vampire
Tier 3 teams: Chaos Pact, Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Underworld

Of course, this is totally subjective and open to discussion.