1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BloodLustria! (season 15 fluff thread)

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by TravelScrabble, Feb 22, 2019.

1. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Welcome coaches old and new to the blood soaked jungles of Lustria where your mostly new teams will receive their traditional Big Crunch welcome (it involves crunching).

@Kjelstad
    @DeathMat
    @Razzle Storm
    @bigfloof
    @z3t4
    @CherryCrush
    @Cereal Killar
    @J.J. Cash
    @Manticoran
    @Pirro

Most of you guys are vets but a few things to keep in mind are the following:
    First, read the rules! https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/
    Second, matchdays in BC 2 run from Wednesdays at 00:00 to Tuesdays at 23:59 UTC (give or take). Each week there will new scheduling thread which will display the matchups for that week. Each week you will need to arrange with your opponent to get your match played, you can use any means want (PMs, discord e-mail steam) but you must post the arranged time in the scheduling thread so that I know the match has been scheduled and because I can only use information in that thread in the case where an admin decision is needed. If you aren't hearing from your opponent let me know preferably before the weekend so I can help. If you're having trouble scheduling same thing applies.

This thread is for fluff, smack talk, bragging, intimidation etc... - Use it frequently and have fun, it really adds spice to the season. To start you off I will post some predictions once all your teams have applied.

Speaking of applying - I think about half the tickets for the league have gone out. Everyone who hasn't got a ticket get me your in-game coach name and team name so you can get one! Everyone who has a ticket, USE IT. When all teams are in I will launch the comp an post the first scheduling thread.

Gl hf, spill some blood, prove yourselves worthy, yada yada

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Team Breakdown
    • Kjelstad, Cap'n Crunch Cup: Kjelstad is a vamp veteran and a crusty old BB stalwart. His vamps failed to promote last season but will be a lot better with 9 games under their belt (even if they are hurting a bit). 4 vamps one with mb and one with blodge who are going to be causing problems.
    • Snotgross (Deathmat), Skull Crackers B: 1310 TV is quite an early advantage for this Chaos team and its all good development too with 3 block warriors and a block sh carrier. No killer is a weakness but one I expect them to address soon.
    • Cereal Killar, Black Street Boys: These chorfs managed one game last season and took quite a beating. But nothign important got hurt and they got some valuable spp on their bull centaurs. 5 blockers and three rr already, I see them doing well.
    • Manticoran, Petal To Teh Metal: Ogres! Manti is an old hand in the BC who always brings fun teams and does well with them. He's taking on his biggest challenge yet this time, but I think he can do ok and none of you are going to want to line up in front of 6 ogres.
    • J. J. Cash, Danish Dynamics: This norse team hasn't tipped its hand fully yet, but I see the yehtee and 2 ulfwereners suggesting this is more of a long term build that may not be as strong as nors traditionally are in their first season.
    • Razzle Storm, Raspy Aged Tune Singers: The most vanilla skaven starting lineup for a reason. 4 gutters 2 vermin thrower and 3 rr and an apo gives you a lot of scoring power and reliability. Will be tough for other rookies to contend with, but if you can cage up they're struggle to stop you.
    • CaltheWookie (Bigfloof), Brisbane Breakers: Nurgle, 3 warriors, 1 pesti, 3 rr (phew) good luck!
    • Cherry Crush, Blood Drive Divers: The vamp invasion continued think we have 7 teams in BC now. 3 vamps 3 rr is a very solid start, but yeah its vamps, they're going to have a hard time at tv 1000.
    • Pirro, El Amics de l'Jistoria: Dark elves are one of the power teams at 1000 TV but they can be tricky too, should be in the hunt for the division win.
    • z3t4, DuggeeHug: This division has a lot of slow starting teams. Necro are typically one of these but might do better than expected in this division, 1 ghoul 1 necro start is the strongest I think.
    Predictions
    1. Raspy Aged Tune Singers
    2. Black Street Boys
    3. Duggee Hug
    4. Cap'n Crunch Cup
    5. El Amics de l'Historia
    6. Danish Dynamics
    7. Skull Crackers B
    8. Brisbane Breakers
    9. Petal to teh Metal
    10. Blood Drive Divers
    Don't like your prediction? Prove me wrong!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    @TravelScrabble I know you aspire to be the best admin of the league (and want my approval), but that doesn't come by faking division to be 11 players. ;)

JCan likes this.
  4. bigfloof

bigfloof Member

Steam Username:
    cal_the_wookie
    Cyanide Username:
    CaltheWookiee
    Country Flag:
    The Brisbane Breakers are out for Euro and NA blood. @Cereal Killar will have to wait his turn

5. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Razzle Storm was so enthusiastic he counts double

Razzle Storm likes this.
  6. DeathMat

DeathMat Member

Steam Username:
    mblackham1
    Country Flag:
    I predict 1 thing only.
    I will do better than last season improving on 10th place.

7. Keraunograf

Keraunograf Active Member

Steam Username:
    Keraunograf
    Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    I hope I run into Chaos early before they get Claw. That's about my only wish, is to have no Ogres die this season. >.>

8. DeathMat

DeathMat Member

Steam Username:
    mblackham1
    Country Flag:
    Don't worry. The closest I am to claw is with my guard warrior. He'll take his time to get SPP.

Razzle Storm likes this.
  9. Razzle Storm

Razzle Storm Member

Steam Username:
    RazzleStorm
    Cyanide Username:
    Razzle Storm
    Country Flag:
    The amazing R.A.T.S shall sing in sweet, dulcet tones to lull their opponents into a daze while they smash them and run past to score the most touchdowns out of any team in Lustria!

10. DeathMat

DeathMat Member

Steam Username:
    mblackham1
    Country Flag:
    Dulcet tones? I thought they sound much more like a screech as they zoom past.

Razzle Storm and bigfloof like this.
  11. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Country Flag:
    I will be do doing the dazing, thank you.

Razzle Storm likes this.
  12. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Predictions up in the second post

13. Keraunograf

Steam Username:
    Keraunograf
    Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    Predicting no-reroll Ogres at less than 10th place! You either have too much confidence in me, or not enough in everyone else!

That said, it warmed my fuzzies to hear "brings fun teams and does well with them."

14. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Country Flag:
    Oh, I will prove you wrong. I have never done well in BBT leagues. It is goddamn cursed. I am hoping for 8th.

15. bigfloof

bigfloof Member

Steam Username:
    cal_the_wookie
    Cyanide Username:
    CaltheWookiee
    Country Flag:
    "Good luck" about all a starting Nurgle team can ask for XD

16. z3t4

z3t4 Member

Steam Username:
    24erre
    Country Flag:
    We're starting MD2 and not a single word about MD1? ;)

17. Keraunograf

Steam Username:
    Keraunograf
    Cyanide Username:
    Manticoran
    Country Flag:
    *Shrug* We were ogres. We got some SPP, and got no injuries worth noticing, but lost. So, a pretty good game actually as far as I'm concerned!

18. TravelScrabble

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Stand out performance in round 1 for me was Cherry Crush and his vamps - putting early predictions to shame!

19. Razzle Storm

Razzle Storm Member

Steam Username:
    RazzleStorm
    Cyanide Username:
    Razzle Storm
    Country Flag:
    The rats started off against Norse with a disappointing (for me) tie, which could have easily been a win if J.J.'s runner would have just FALLEN OVER. Needed a pow or Defender Stumbles, but couldn't get it in four dice. By the time I did get it, I wasn't able to score due to some poor dice, but it was well-played! Next game will hopefully see a Storm Vermin level, and then the fun begins.

20. DeathMat

DeathMat Member

Steam Username:
    mblackham1
    Country Flag:
    Well round 2 is done and I have mirrored my first season in the Big Crunch.

Either I will go down in flames like last time or keep pushing for a much higher position.

TravelScrabble likes this.