1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bretonnia

Discussion in 'Blood Bowl 2' started by Valcurdra, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    Been playing the new team a fair bit this week, got 7 games in and they seem quite solid at low TV.

Absolutely loving fend now, I underestimated how handy this skill is in low TV.

Skilling up the blockers and peasents is a bit tricky though, my blitzers are hogging all the spp so far which could become a problem later.

They seem to play best as a very reliable bash/running style.

Anyone else tried them much?

2. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
    I haven't tried them myself, but I do find them awkward to play against as bash for sure.

How are you planning to skill the blockers? Only players with strength access and starting with Wrestle - that's the biggest issue with the team right?

3. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    I took first one with guard as I was expecting to have a few problems with bash sides. So far though the block/dauntless, extra wrestle and fend is making it easier to control the field than I expected. Happy to have one guard but I think that is enough for now.

I have struggled more against av8 elf teams with a few blodgers so far. I'm thinking of making 2 tackle/MB blockers to deal with that problem. Then throw some more guard in later.

I might even make 1 a power blitzer with juggernaut.

4. LloydsGamble

LloydsGamble Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    LloydsGamble
    Country Flag:
  5. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    I played AGAINST a fairly skilled Brettonian team in MM. TV 1500-ish. Playing using my 1310 Delves

He had 2 MB/PO players, and another MB player. some passing skills in his blitzers, 1 AG4 player and one MV8 blitzer. He played them a lot like humans...bashy hitters, expendable linemen, and some fair ballhandling. Great starting skills gives them a head start, but at the cost of linemen who can't ballhandle

I also don't know why people make such a stink about the blockers. Just treat them like a beastman or something....except they don't turnover on :bothdown:

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Yeah blockers are OK even if wrestle is not ideal, its the blitzers which are the problem. Need doubles to be effective, of course if they get them they can be quite nice.

7. Valcurdra

Valcurdra Active Member

Country Flag:
    The thing with the blitzer is they skill up so fast you don't mind sacking one if he gets to lv 3 with no stat or double rolls.

It stops them pulling too far ahead of the team anyway

8. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    So it's a bashy running game for them all the time or should they become more of a passing team as they skill up. Witch catch on all the blitzers and passing skills ont hem to I'd think you could rather reliably get someone in the endzone and make the pass. Or are fend and wrestle good enough to keep a cage intact for a hard drive down the field against high STR teams?

9. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    The Blitzers all have catch and passing access, which does make it look like they should be able to play a passing game. But your highest agility being 3, and no players having AG access for things like dodge, it means your players are easily marked and it is more difficult to put a receiver deep than it is with Skaven or Elves. A dump off or hand off running game is going to be much more reliable.

But if you get some lucky skill up and get AG4/Dodge/NoS on a blitzer, you could have a lot of fun with it.

10. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    So should you try and start a team with 4 blitzers 2 blockers and 3RR or try and get all 4 blockers because they won't be getting SPP as fast as the blockers? I'd have a hard time starting them with less than 3 RR as it seems like they're going to need it with the only re-rolling skill being catch (for dump offs rather than passes it seems).

11. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I've not played them much but from what I've seen are a true Hybrid team. Bash and cage against the more agile teams. Keep the ball going from side to side against Bash. You want to look at handing off instead of passing though. The extra defensive skills are probably more useful in the log run than developing a passer.

There is a place for them in BB it's just not in high TV MM. In leagues they will do better. If they were properly allowed in TT tournaments they could be a top team.

12. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Id probably go 2RRs because of all the block and wrestle. If you are not passing and try and avoid handing off the only thing you reroll is blocks which is a 1/36 chance for 8 out of your 11 guys.

13. Kalick

Kalick Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kalick
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, 2 rerolls and then grab leader on one of the blitzers early. Not many great skills for blitzers to get, so leader comes easy.