1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Pact Building a Thrower

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Doover, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    I like the throwing game a lot and in my oppinion there can´t be enough throwing in BB.
    Right now I´m playing a Chaos Pact team and so my Throwing is quite weak.

After getting some Block and Dodge to let the team play I decidet to build up kind of a Thrower to throw some easy passes and to make my team more flexible.
    So finally my Question:

Shall I take Pass or Accurate as first skill?
    On the first fiew the % with Pass are a bit better then with Accurate:
    QP: (P) 88% VS (A) 83%
    SP: (P) 75% VS (A) 66%
    LP: (P) 55% VS (A) 50%
    LB: (P) 30% VS (A) 33%

Most of my Passes are short pass and there is the highest Bonus for the Passing Skill.
    But Accurate has some extrabonuses which Pass don´t has.
    - The Chance to fumble are smaller when throwing a LP/LB.
    - I can still use a Team RR if I fail the pass. I have 4 RR´s right now which are quite enough but I don´t have any Catch so I could miss the Team RR for that try.

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would gamble and take accurate first. A 2+ QP is golden and should only fail 1/36 with a reroll. That way you can get to 16 SPP very fast and get pass. The safe route is to take pass, but I for one do not like to pass with AG3 - that 25% risk of failure is something Im an expert at:pow:

3. Avatar111x

Country Flag:
    My first Pact team did go Pass first. Better odds for later in the game when your re-rolls have gone up the swanny (and they do). Then they can start getting themselves up to Sure Hands and then Accurate.

4. Exavia

Exavia Member

Country Flag:
    I was lucky, one of my marauders got +AG as his first skill, what do you think his next two skills were?

The best thing about Pact teams, is the flexibility of the entire lineup of Marauders, any of them can be a thrower, just wait for a +AG roll on any of them.

5. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    Decidet to use Accurate just to stay on the more risk - more reward way.

Had the same thought about AG 4 Marauder but this season we play 14 League matches with 7 done. After that the play offs start which I´ll most certainly join but don´t want to wait much longer with my thrower.

At the start of the season I was quite sure to use the team for 2 seasons at least but right now my TR is allready one of the highest in the league and quite a lot of people are going to start over again next season. So I´m not 100% sure to stay with the team for another season.

6. Plum

Plum Member

Country Flag:
    Heya, sorry to necro this old thread but I'm in a similar dilemma. My Pact team is two games into the season (one loss, one draw) and my Sure Hands ball-handler just scored a double-6 skill.

I'd been planning to give her either Extra Arms to boost her pick-up odds from 1/9 to 1/36 or Accurate/Pass. But now a whole new set of options has opened up. She's almost certainly never going to get a chance to pick up Dodge again, which offers some protection against getting sacked and gives her better mobility to get to where she needs to be.

But then, +1 strength, you know. Granted, I'll have two or three big guys on the pitch (still missing the mino), but an ST4 in the middle of a ST5 guard cage, that sounds awfully nice, especially with sure hands. Plus if she's marked by a regular joe, she can made a 2d blitz without assistance. Which turns her into a dedicated ball carrier, rather than a thrower.

I think I'm probably angling towards the ST4 sure-hands ball carrier and skilling up another thrower instead. That will take a little longer, but she's no worse a thrower than she was before the skill up so she can still do it in a pinch.

7. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would take the ST. It is easy enough to get another player to throw the ball and since you have a sure hands already you can wait and see if someone gets an AG increase.

Plum likes this.
  8. Plum

Plum Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks, I was leaning that way but was worried I was falling into the exciting-stat-upgrade trap when a skill would be better. I guess I was thinking that just because she has +ST that she'd want to be in the thick of things but you're right, she can still start backfield and do pick-up duty perfectly well - she just has more options now.

9. TwoScoops

TwoScoops Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    MSG Musculo
    Cyanide Username:
    TwoScoops
    Country Flag:
    I went that way with a BM on my chaos team early on in the BC2 and it has been awesome. He rolled doubles later and is now a blodging +Str monster who is almost at his next level and in the top three best rushers of the entire league. No regrets :)

Plum likes this.
  10. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    STR4 ball carriers are a pain in the butt. I wouldn't pass it up. Even leaping guard elves will have a hard time.

Plum likes this.
  11. Plum

Plum Member

Country Flag:
    Heh ok, that seems pretty unanimous then! Thanks guys, +ST it is :D I think I was putting too much faith in my Pact Big Guy guard-cage, but as Jav says, sooner or later I'll meet a team with cage breakers and my carrier will have to defend herself

12. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Or you'll roll a couple of 1:s when the time comes to move, and either get stuck outside of scoring range, or barely get a cage at all.. ;)

Plus, when a strong team gets a couple of +ST they become truly horrible opponents to play against.

Plum likes this.
  13. Plum

Plum Member

Country Flag:
    Now that you mention it, I have been very reliant on my Big Guys making their rolls :/ I figured that was just the way it was with Pact, boom or bust, but I guess I should snap up anything that reduces that.