1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undead Buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stareater, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,
    I am currently playing undead in a short quite bashy TV1000 LRB5 league. I have been doing quite well and have 2 wins and no losses, 5-0 in TD and I have "recruited" a free zombie :D. I have managed to skill up of my ghouls and my team value is rising faster than my opponents. I have 100.000 gp and are wondering what you suggest I should spend it on (if I should spend it at all).

My Roster looks like this:
    2 Mummies
    2 Wights
    3 Ghouls (one with +1AG, and one with Guard)
    4 Zombies
    2 Skeletons
    3 Rerolls
    2 Fanfactor

Should I save up for another reroll (I feel I am doing fairly well with three)? The forth ghoul? Cheerleaders? or bank it until I need it and keep my team value low?

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would bank it unless you realy want the fourth ghoul:pow:

3. maxcarrion

maxcarrion Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'd buy 2 more zombies and just go foul crazy :p

4. biLLy

biLLy Member

Country Flag:
    While you dont get your gouls more developed you really dont need another goul, although it would help definetly.

I would bank it, but the idea of hiring another zombie/squeleton to foul is very tempting in my mind :)

5. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Three is indeed the magic number when it comes to the Undead and their Ghouls. Field two, and your team is too slow and AG-deficient. Field four and you'll struggle to find space to hide them all away from the tackle/MB Blitzers.

Of course if you can't get your head around how vital it is to place your positionals correctly, and keep them from being marked out of the game or surfed, (i.e. if you play Undead like I do) it doesn't matter how many you have, you're still in trouble :D

Some say a fourth re-roll is unnecessary TV bloat but I'm not sure I agree, the Mummies don't (easily) get Block and you probably won't want to invest in Sure Hands for any of your players' early skills. On the other hand you do have that tasty +AG Ghoul, so if you feel you're getting by with three then by all means sit tight and play wait-and-see.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011