1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone help with something?

Discussion in 'General Blood Bowl News and Discussion' started by LordAshram, Jan 16, 2018.

1. LordAshram

LordAshram New Member

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Hi all!

Well, I painted up a Bloodbowl human team with the idea of selling them... they are just SUCH cool figures! Above are the first three, although the whole team is done (along with a nifty storage tray and even a cool OOP ogre!)

But the thing is... I don't know what, from the boxed set, is actually "expected" for a painted team, since I don't play!

I figure the guys, obviously, and a football (or two?)

But what about those other things? The fist thing, the coin thing? Would people expect and need those for a game? Can anyone offer any guidance?

Thanks so much, guys and gals!:)

2. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Well most painted sets I see, come up with the whole team painted + those team coins and tokens painted as well. That's pretty much the standard I see around places like Dakkadakka.

The fist thing and coins are used as markers, for the amount of re-rolls left and number of touchdowns made. One of them used for current turn as well.

3. LordAshram

LordAshram New Member

Country Flag:
    Ahhh okay I had no idea what they were! Thanks much!

Ilgoth likes this.
  4. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    Offering a real full team may help. By example, the human team in basic box has only 2 blitzers, while most will want to play with 4 (the maximum allowed). 2 catchers should be OK and 2 throwers are completely OK (normally people just use one of them, but won't reject the second one).

5. mamutas

mamutas Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, full team is a must. I'd expect people would not want to buy partial teams painted, as it would extremely hard to get the complimented pieces later.
    That said, how much would you charge for painting a team?
    I have the teams from the box, but I don't think I will ever find time to paint them and my local TT league does not accept unpainted teams.

6. LordAshram

LordAshram New Member

Country Flag:
    Oh! Huh, I had no idea! Hmm... I guess I could find two more blitzers on eBay or wherever... but I did already do the storage/display base for them, and would hate to cut it up... I guess I can solve that with a drill and some care...

As for how much... I don't know, I've only done a handful of commissions...? One was for some Armada squadrons, and one was for a small Napoleonic project that I did just because I really wanted to:) I have a feeling I wouldn't be on the cheap end of the scale, as I've done a fair bit of decent painting in my day, and tend to make, if I may say, pretty sweet stuff:) Looking at eBay, painted teams are in the 125-150 range, without the tray or anything, so I guess around that? Hey, if you want to buy the team, if you want to send me two blitzers from your box I'll paint them up!:D Yeah, I don't know, honestly I hadn't gotten as far as thinking about prices... If you might be interested, shoot me an email and we can chat?

Anyway, thanks for the help everyone...! I'll get that other stuff all painted up! Oh, and I'll post some photos when I'm done with the bits and bobs, just to share!:)