1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CC IV - Violence, murder and other nastyness

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    Great Summary John McGuirk. Nuffle curse you!

I am calling it now - The winner of CCIV will come from group 1!! The lack of damage teams and high MV/AG players is going to result in players gaining SPP fast. Group 3 I don't see any teams getting more then 3 players leveled up ...

2. Sellsword

Sellsword New Member

Country Flag:
    I'm not seeing my team on that schedule. Did I get declined for some reason? The client said that there were still five free spaces when I applied.

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    @Sellsword, there was only one spot left when I started the league and I gave it to Gokkesokken as he took part in CCIII, you are the first reserve if anybody drops out. I did not see your team until yesterday, had you applied monday then you would have been in.

Sorry about that but after 4 days with no new teams wanting to join the cup it was changed from 32 to 24 teams. Last cup there was a few retirements in the start so hang in there.

4. biLLy

biLLy Member

Country Flag:
    <mode ironic>
    Bah, Im sure you will get lot of boredom in this sesion without me, although you got sceadeau who can give you fun explaining that his zombies can dodge pretty nice, and that it wasnt luck, it is just average-low...
    </mode ironic>

In fact, Im glad to see that there are so much ppl involved, thinking in 24teams at the beginings was a total dream, actually is a fact, and although not so high than in CCIII, for sure it will be a good session.

Best luck to all.

5. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I am glad I am not in group C or I would be regreting changing from Dark Elves to Orcs.

Dark elves in that group might be fun, would not expect teams to invest heavily in tackle for example :D. On the other hand it could result in getting your team smashed in :D.

I do take Creamsters point about group A. There will be a lot of high scoring heroball games in that one, is it too late to vote for extended inducements to be turned back on :D.

And as John was saying WW as the stars of a necro team (particularly with all that av 9 around) and must be up there with wardancers on the "players I would like to kick in the head" list, I vote give them catch back and take away the regen :D.

Had a fun game orcs vs necro last night, first ww block of the game and he kills a black orc :(, kinda went down hill from there :(.

I guess Orc v Orc is not so bad, dwarf v dwarf is torture for sure, but with only one dwarf team in the compertition that can't happen. Not played UD enough to try UD vs UD, with the ghouls around I guess it is ok. Necro vs UD is not so different from UD vs UD I guess, but different enough to be fun.

I do find it interesting that we do not have a chaos team, almost took them myself with such a long tournament they could do very well. Only Ogres of the T3 teams, which is not suprising. No humans or Khemri either.

Also the amazon team got the same group as the dwarf team, so bad luck there jrpert. I have tried that one, and twice more with a positional heavy RR light woody team (lots of dodge) and it gets pretty painful. In the 2nd stage you get 1 team from your group going with you to the 2nd group stage (I guess ?), so I hope you don't get unlucky there too (unless you beat me ofc :D ).

6. jrpeart

jrpeart Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    jrpeart
    Cyanide Username:
    jrpeart
    Country Flag:
    Yeah getting Dwarves in my group was unlucky:skull:.

Getting them first game ever with an Amazon team is really not what I wanted :eek::skull::skull::mad:

Hopefully I don't die too badly and can compete in the following games.

7. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    Looking forward to playing all those AV7 teams, just hope I get some block on my Ogres and tackle on my snotts before I meet them.

Lee

8. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Looking forward to introducing your snots to my blitzers :D, hope I can get one with tackle first :D.

9. Sellsword

Sellsword New Member

Country Flag:
    Ah I see. No problem.

10. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I'm looking forward to beating up all those glass jawed fairies in group A. Time to buy block and tackle and MB...

11. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    I'm glad you no longer have "The Doc", coachman, he tore my Skaven team apart!!

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Etheric is now an admin in the CCIV:pow:

13. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I plan to resurrect Dr Feelgood for next season...

14. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I've been experimenting a little with the High Elves and I have to say that, against sufficiently dumb AI at least, I'm in love.

Some of the Heroball stuff you can do with the Throwers and Catchers in particular... I made a play last night recovering the ball through 2 tzs, dodging away and handing off via GFIs to the Thrower, who succeeded making a long pass in a TZ, Safety Throw negating the intercept, to a waiting Lineelf in scoring range.

I was so impressed I immediately had to look up the rolls in the log. I was so absorbed I paid little attention to the little blinking lights in the upper part of the GUI... the timer running out. :( and it was turn 16 :mad:

15. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    Playing them in the CC3 I think they're great too, especially with that av 8, only problem I found was they're quite expensive, Hard to replace when killed. I never had more than 11 players at one time.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  16. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I've been out of the loop for the last few days, but am excited things have gotten started so quickly. Commiserations to Sellsword who just missed out. Anyone else who wants to join in should let Netsmurf know and he can then add you if anybody drops out.

Having chosen to play as the only Elf team in the comp i am hoping that it wont be me who drops out after suffering multiple permanent injuries in the first game!! :rolleyes:

Regarding day 1, will it be kept open until late March or did i misread that somewhere?:confused:

17. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    First roll of day is 21/03 and then once a week:pow:

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Sellsword is in the CCIV instead of Netzilla. Welcome to Sellsword and hope to see you in future CC´s to Netzilla:pow:

19. Strobinator

Strobinator Member

Country Flag:
    What about Baron Jongor?

20. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I have had no word from the Baron, so I´m in the dark here:skull:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.