1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CC IV - Violence, murder and other nastyness

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Coachman and I just played our match. I think the nuclear radiation must have effected my brain as i somehow got GMT wrong and turned up 1 hour late for our match 2 days in a row. Coachman really deserved a default win because of this (hanging around for an hour just sucks, but 2 days in a row).

Instead, he showed what a good sport and nice guy he is by playing me and fouling my elves 7 times during the match. You can see my injury box here:
    http://bbtactics.com/forums/dead-players-cciv-t702/#post8820

Im not looking forward to day 2 where im up against a Norse team. Fingers crossed i only suffer a bench full of KO's rather than injured/dead!

2. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    Played my game vs John Mc. Special thanks goes to the dark elves in the crowd who made the fight more even by knocking out one of his lineman. Like me they must have been upset with John getting 3 of his KO's back. Unlucky about the last turn TD attempt...

Note - I still haven't gained any SPP yet. I am not sure how this works

3. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Matches have to be validated by an admin. This allows games to be reset and replayed if things go wrong. Before if you had a disconnect the which declared a winner the match could not be replayed.

4. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    4 KOs and 2 casualties from 10 armour breaks, plus a KO from a rock, and you're upset? :p

5. Sellsword

Sellsword New Member

Country Flag:
    Sceadeau and me just played. I kicked off in the first half, but some bad luck that he had with go for it rolls enabled me to take the ball off him and score late in the half. Then he badly hurt one of my troll slayers and it looked like he might be taking back the initiative.

At the start of the second I set up heavy to one side; he rolled a perfect defence on the kick off table, enabling him to respond to this and I thought I was pretty much screwed!

:rolleyes:

In the end though I was able to tie up his werewolves too far away from the ball for them to be effective and after a big brawl in the centre of the pitch I was able to sneak in the second TD.

I want to thank Sceadeau for an excellent game, it was my first ever BB multiplayer game and I had a lot of fun.

6. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The roll of the day will be pushed for a few days, we need to weed out no shows and replace them with other players and give them a chance to play the first round match. Further notice will be given as soon as I know something:pow:

7. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    To be fair that is only 1 more KO on average from 10 breaks I would expect. Your lack of KO's and CAS's from your breaks meant our game was very under par averagely speaking ;) Looks like you have to face DE again next with the exact same list but minus one blocker, so I wish you luck (you could edge in a babe though).

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  8. John McGuirk

Country Flag:
    Yeah, it was the discrepancy I was getting at, rather than the solid (im)probabilities on either side (which I'm far too lazy to sit down and work out).

Having rolled 60k winnings I'm committed to taking the apothecary over guaranteeing the babe, but if Moguai (who I recall beat the crap out of my blodge Amazons a couple of CCs ago, so that's encouraging) picks one up as well then yes, there should be the 50k TV difference. Ball's in his court as it were.

9. Moguai

Moguai Member

Country Flag:
    We'll have to see if there is not even more discrepancy, due to the RR bug of Cyanide I can not buy an Apoth (oh joy of joys) one Blitzer is MNG and one Lineman dead (at least I'll have two "assissted suicides" for the LOS) but my Runner levelled up and I have the choice between dodge, block (to get that advantage back) or since it is a 10 +MV and I am rather undecided what to take and would welcome your input by the way.

Other then that I am really looking forward to getting my revenge on High elves in general whoe beat the snot out of my Norse during CC II

10. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    I feel your pain, rolling 70k and then having 40k ruins the apoth plan and extra income for my first witch. very annoying :(

Checking the rest of the games I am facing lots of teams with AV 7 players so am considering an assassin. Nuffle willing I could afford him for my third game ready to go vs Narly's elves :D Also thinking with only 2 RR's I am going to avoid witches for the time being (even though they are AWESOME)

11. John McGuirk

Country Flag:
    This is a bit out of left-field perhaps (and should be taken with as much salt as any advice from an opponent requires), but AV+1 and then next skill Leader..?

Haha, do it!

12. Strobinator

Strobinator Member

Country Flag:
    1-1 Tie, Vulnerant Omnes vs. Galadriel Rapers. Great game.

I chose to kick, got a blitz, and he had an early failed block. Was able to put 3 on the ball but it's damn impossible to keep the woodies from picking up a ball. He scored in 5 turns, riot gave me an extra in first half. He did the dodging out stalling elf D for the rest of the half, and it worked. 4 turns was not quite enough.

He kicks to me in the second half, and I caged up advancing patiently. It did not take him long to make him use his one reroll. As I got near the goal line, he stepped up the pressure and attempted some leaps. The first one got a :pow: on my ghoul. If he had been able to pick it up in traffic (3+ and two 2+ dodges), I would have been in trouble. The pickup failed, however - which saved my skin. I was able to recover. His final leaping attempt on turn 15 failed, and I walked it in. Well, technically I through a 3 dice block with my mummy, failed, rerolled, and then walked it in. Was a bad move to make the block of course, but the odds of failing were low enough with the reroll that I risked it anyways.

Tie game. I did manage to -1 MV a wardancer. You're welcome, round 2 opponent.

13. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Badfellas II v Hulks of Hogan played out to a 4-0 win for my Dark Elves. Lots of blood spilt, and a few players levelled on my side.

Not as proud of the result as I would be normally. Ill-Lich had some cursed pickups and seemed to be punished for every mistake he made. I got all my key rolls and my elves were dodging anywhere I needed them to.

14. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well played Strob! Yes, it was fun indeed. That final pick up whereby I would have prolly won the game was a shame yes but it would have been an injustice to your nice caging and progress in the 2nd half.

And my WD! yes, only one injury in the whole game. I actually only allowed 23 knocked downs which is pretty good, and only 11 armor rolls, of which 3 or 4 are prolly due to my owned failed dodging and 1 failed leap... so all in all is indeed relatively unlucky me thinks... but hey!

Up next for me are dwarves! The archinemesis. Keep em coming! XD (argh) :D

15. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Oh, Snotty and I had arranged to play Tuesday...

16. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Maybe that can still be as the only match left is our current champ vs Mr. Johnson and with a bit of luck they can play early enough for the day to roll forward tomorrow. Just pray:pow:

17. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Heres hoping you roll 1 for your next match winnings! Although i will probably be fielding mostly all loners after a bruising encounter with Nurgle (including 1 death) and facing Norse for my 2nd match :(

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Day 2 will start late tonight GMT, if there is no problem with connecting and stuff, remember when uploading to BBM to set the correct day.

We will still roll to day 3 monday next week:pow:

19. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    How late is late tonight? Snotty, can you play 2130gmt tonight?

20. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I think they start the match at 20.00 GMT but I can give no garanties:bothdown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.