1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CC IV - Violence, murder and other nastyness

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Feb 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    Coachman: yep I still can,

2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The day is moved forward to day 2

3. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    Mouse Power's victorious tie

I was somewhat apprehensive facing Coachman’s Rot Weilers , especially in CC2 when he beat 4-0 (his elves, my vamps). But Nuffle smiled on me yesterday, as the weather was rain, and he couldn’t pick up the ball. I raced around the sides with a Blitzer and a gutter runner, snatched the ball for a Td on turn 3. Receiving again, Coachman managed to cage, with me harrying the ball carrier along the way, where he managed to score on turn 8.

2nd half and a gutter runner with the ball raced and dodged along the sidelines to score on turn 12,I could of delayed the td for a turn, but I had four rats ko’d, and I wanted to delay the inevitable bruising that I was going to face. I’m still unsure if it was a good move, but 3 of my players woke up, I find it hard to do delay tactics with low av teams, as the opponent will happily grind you down instead, and in my two previous crunch cup games, I lost potential td to failed delaying tactics.

The rain had stopped by this time, to becoming very sunny, Coachman managed to cage up again, and kept on haranguing him, Near the end of the game his beastmen made a successful dodge for a dash to the end zone, I thought I could stop this easily with a single dodge form my gutter runner to bar his way, but the gimpy rat landed on his face, and the beastmen scoring the 2-2 equalizer on turn 16.

I was very lucky with my blocks (both taking and receiving), no injuries (excepted a journeymen) , and with the dodges as well until the end, but it was not all to luck, I used a tactic that seem to work. In my previous match against Moguai's De’s, My rat ogre Broslash was the most useless turn over inducing piece of warpstone lard ever to grace the pitch, so for this game, for his penance I let him sit there and take the punches . Coachman would use up to 4 players to take him down, fowl him, or crowd surf him Them being distracted ,enabled my other players to get to the ball. I’m proud that Broslash is the current "best punching bag of the league."

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    A true nuffling of poor Raven73. From the go he did not have a chance in a match where my M-blow wight made 5 cas and the team 7 in total. I think that he only had 4 players most of the time in second half. 3-0 victory to me and 3 skill rolls. A ghoul got first skill = block, my +ST ghoul just did a +AG:D I think I will cry when he dies, and my 10 SPP scoring wight rolled a double - what to do:confused:

Ignore the double and take either, Pilling on, tackle, guard or take the double and go with dodge or sidestep?

Fire away boys:pow:

5. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Take jump up ready for his next skill when you will take piling on...

6. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the match Snotty. Your guys could do no wrong until turn 18 with that failed dodge. your 1 dice and 2 dice against blocks all came off, balls of steel my friend. I could not believe the number of KOs, your KO box was spilling over during the first half.

I'm happy with the draw. I thought I was in real trouble when I couldnt pick up the ball for 2 turns at the start. Rats really punish mistakes like that. This left me playing catch up all game and threw my 2-1 grind out of the window.

Your rats are made of sterner stuff. My highlights were getting 3 consecutive 3 dice blocks on a runner and only managing to push him from player to player. My blitzing your gutter runner to try and stop your second TD but only managing to push him with a RR. Then of course my goat making a break for it and dodging away to the endzone late in the game. All heart in mouth stuff.

I can't wait until we play again, although next season I will be woodelves of Goblins. Not much difference, they are both kind of dodgey...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  7. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    Watched your game and i'm not a fan of your dirty constant fouling on the big guys, even more so when hes skaven! :p Really enjoyed it though and the rotters were lucky to get a point, even though a last turn blitz could have freed the pest.

One thing I dislike with the nurgle list is the 2 re-rolls (i know its coaches list). With Ag3, low movement and no-block, it makes games very edgy. I much prefer the 2 warriors, 2 pests and beast with 3 RR's.

8. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    If there was dirty constant fouling of a ratogre, then I´m a fan of the nurgle team and must applaud the headcoach for a coaching job well done:pow:

9. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    In the current league format i really see no point in delaying a TD. It doesnt matter if you win or lose at the moment, just about getting SPP until we roll forward to the next phase of the league. Also, due to the bug with Cyanide, winning the match doesnt let you reroll your winnings. So i say score as much as possible as quickly as possible (much like my attitude to women).

And for those of you who still try and stall when already up by 1TD in the current league format, i say "kiss my soon to be mutated arse you boring SOB's!".

You think thats bad? He fouled my Elf players 7 times during the match and the ref only called the last foul on turn 16! If there was an award for dirty player, i think Coachman would have already won it even though he only played 2 matches!

10. coachman

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I normally play elves with all expensive players so while I have throw away players worth 40k you can bet your ass I will be fouling at every opportunity. And big guys are the best ones to foul. You've all been warned.

You were right about my luck with the draw. Having said that the rats were lucky with their blocking, lucky to keep the ball when I blitzed his ball carrier in the open for the second TD. I just got all of my luck in the last few turns.

The build I have is light on RRs but wins are less important than skilled warriors at this point so I took it.
    I know, Creamster went all faint watching and I only thew 3 fouls that game.:D

11. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    I feel no resentment that my rat ogre was repeatedly face stomped.

before this match I decided that I was in the camp that skaven teams not need rat ogres. But just having him sit there to soak up the punches and tie up (distract )players, has made the purchasing of him worth while. If he died doing this, that would of been a different story.

If he wasnt picked on , im sure there would of been some sorry gutter runners in his place

12. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    I Just felt bad for the cute rat ogre thats all :p

Just played game 2 against Thanatos and its upload. A failed dodge allowed me to score in the first half (and also breaking the neck of the ghoul :( ) and my Dark Elf fans again followed me into this game and broke the neck of his wight in the 2nd half. I believe the fans team name is The Funk Express and enemy teams better watch out :D

After a few shocking blitz's the necros were all in my half before my players could react. Some key, and lucky, dice finially managed to get the ball up field. But trust me it was tough! I wish Thanatos the best of luck and hope his team can quickly get over the 2 broken Ag players, well played! That dodge on my blitzer was a waste :rolleyes:

13. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    50% of my players capable of ball play are -1 Ag :(

14. Creamster

Creamster Member

Country Flag:
    Technically I didn't cause these though ;)

Just saw Netsmurfs AG4 S4 Ghoul.... 10 GP to anyone who takes him out! :pow: :pow:

15. Sellsword

Sellsword New Member

Country Flag:
    After TWO GAMES:powdodge:

...later... Just looked at that team myself. That Ghoul is strength four, but not agility four.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  16. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I think you have to look again my short sport:pow:

17. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    As Scadeau might say, a lesser player rolls 10 or lower on his level ups ;)

(Seriously though, I'm as appalled as everyone else on here. Time to get your fouling boots on gents :skull:)

18. Thanatos

Thanatos Member

Country Flag:
    Technically, schm-echnically.
    I can still blame you for them. Logic be damned ;)

19. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    That strength 4 agility, 4 Ghoul doesn't have block, so he shouldn't be too hard to take down. Having foolishly chosen to play as a Pro Elf team i also know how easy it is to break AV7. +S and +AG does lead to a bit of tv bloat too - 160tv for the Ghoul.

Its a shame there is no way to put bounties on players or otherwise spice things up a bit...

20. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    Ha,

My Ogres laugh at strength 4! :D

And my Snots shake at the thought :(

Glad, I've already played him.

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.