1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCV team entry

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    tree players? I guess we could some more wood elves or halfling teams. I think the tHree teams left could be anything though :D.

2. Slyspy

Slyspy Member

Country Flag:
    I'll have a go if there is still space. What teams are available?

3. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    What you fancy, there is absolutely no demands to what race you choose, but it must be a wooki...Ehh Rookie team, and not dwarf of course;)

4. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    He's joking. Dwarfs are also available. You can see the current teams destribution in the second post of this thread.

5. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    No, no, Netsmurf's right, Dwarfs are forbidden. As are Orcs. And Undead.

6. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    I can make a team to be easily demolished. I've never even tried a match other than against the AI, let alone a competition, but it looks like fun. So... yeah. Is me being in the US (GMT-5) a big deal?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  7. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Been a fair number of US players before, sometimes a little flexibility is needed in arranging matches, but hopefully it will work out, so if your daily life schedule isn't too manic you should be fine. :)

8. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    Only one place left:skull:

hurry up and find someone, I can't wait for some elf-bashing, crowd-surfing mania!

9. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    I have applied with Omnidestructicon the Chaos team as 18Rabbit.

10. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Hmm not sure I would recommend Chaos for a beginner. Chaos have no starting skills (which means a lot of turnovers in general). Turnovers are a pain, and more so for a beginning player, but good luck with it. If you want to go bashy then dwarves or especially orcs might be better, or even undead, another solid starting team.

With GMT-5 it should not be too much of a problem, what normally happens is you would play on the weekend when the time difference is less of a problem, so it is afternoon where you are and evening in europe.

Anyway welcome and good luck.

11. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    I've never liked dwarves or orcs. Even if I lose, I enjoy playing Chaos and the uh... chaos it brings. I fully expect to get my ass handed to me at first, but I also expect to learn a lot. :)

That should work, my wife and daughter usually both sack out for nap time on the weekend days.

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Now we only need two teams, Im trying to get Doomy hooked - hope it works:p

Well Doomy does not have the time to play with us and for that we should be thankfull as his evil plans was including a dwarf team!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  13. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Against my better judgment and GB’s warnings, I am offering to throw my hat into the ring for CCV. I’ve participated in every CC since it started, so am loathe to miss out on CCV. Caviets are that I will possibly have to forfeit 1 or 2 matches during the tourney (perhaps mid game) and will be playing as a LOTR Halfling team (no star wars for me).

Just let me know and I can submit the team. If another coach comes along after I have joined, I can then just resign from the comp and the other coach can replace me. I am even happy to do this in-season, if a more reliable coach comes along.

14. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Great that You decided to take part after all, Narly! :powdodge: We all had a sense of great emptiness thinking You'll be missing from this edition.

Looking forward to Your Halflings overcoming the odds and reaching the finals, at least. :D

15. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the kind words Mico, although I am already having images of cradling a crying baby in 1 arm, whilst frantically trying to toss a Halfling with the other (will just have to make sure i dont get them mixed up)! :p

I've played a grand total of 1 match ever as Halflings, but i won that one, so am hoping to maintain my perfect 100% winning streak with Flings into the CCV. :D

16. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away. :D

17. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    That is great news and now, after Narlys comeback, we only need one more entry to get this one going:D

18. Avatar111x

Country Flag:
    A friend of mine is getting BB Legendary Edition this weekend. He may be interested in joining in.

19. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Nice to see you onboard, Narly! I hope it will not interfare your RL much.

20. Rav3n73

Rav3n73 Member

Country Flag:
    Ahh a little competion for my halfling team eh? There are quite a few stunty teams this time round, lets see who takes the stunty cup.

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.