1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCV team entry

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobman

bobman Member

Country Flag:
    It's just occured to me that I'm gonna need BB manager aren't I? Where is the best place to download it from?

2. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Lord of the Half-rings have just applied for CCV.

I must say its looking like a great cup too. Such a variety of teams. I think we have at least 1 of each team and no more than 2 of any race. Only Chaos, Dark Elf and Halfling have 2 teams. Should be a real treat to play!

3. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, do we need to run BB manager?

4. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Previous Cups have used BB Manager to allow upload of matches for statistics and review/replay by interested parties, I would expect CCV to continue in this manner.

The link posted to the Cyanide forums by the developer of BB Manager is as follows:

BB Manager

5. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:

6. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Room for one more?

Jason an da Orcanaughts

Act like you know.

Attached Files:

7. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Just read through the rest of the thread and saw I would be throwing Narly out if I joined...

HELL NO!!!

Ill catch the next one, I withdraw my application. Have fun guys, I'll be following your progress.

8. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Double check with Netsmurf, Coachman - I thought Narly was 23 of 24, but I might have miscounted.

9. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Love it Coachman. And dont worry, you are number 24.

Just looked at the calendar and game 1 i am up against Dwarf! :skull::skull::skull:1 Dwarf team out of 24 and im against them first match. Im going to get slaughtered! :mad: Such bad luck :(

And Maxcarrion won the CCII with Dwarfs, so he knows how to use them. Also in our division is Amazon, so he should have a fun time there too. How i wish i was him right now... :eek:

10. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Seems like we're up and running! :)

Talking about the calendar, everything is already up?

11. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Normally I would say something positive here to motivate you, but you are right Narly. You are going to get fucked up... :D

Just make sure you take some of those bearded gits with you.

12. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    If i can get a casualty i will consider myself lucky. And hopefully with one of my permanent players, rather than Deeproot.

Should be fun anyway. Am actually looking forward to a match where i have 0 chance, as there's a lot less pressure to perform.

And its exciting that CCV is now up and running. Have fun everyone and good luck (except Maxcarrion) ;)

Remember that as well as winning, the CC is about trying out new teams, tactics and learning. So feel free to ask your opposing coach for tips either during or after the game.

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I'm playing against a dwarf team next with a Halfling team in another fun league I'm playing in! Currently have exactly 300K to spend in that game, but might drop a level 2 fling and a rr in order to be able to get the Chef as well as Deeproot. Have 3 rr at the moment, although it's probably not worth getting the Chef against dwarves as they have most of their re-rolls built in...

14. Barninho

Country Flag:
    I'm a big fan of the wizard in games like this. If the ball lands deep and you can lightning bolt the ball carrier it can be a touchdown for you with a bit of luck on the TTM. Alternatively the bash teams tend to get complacent and cage as they would normally and then it's fireball time. Obviously it's a tough choice if you have to skip on Deeproot for it but I love the Wizard for halflings.

15. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    Here's the group list:
    [​IMG]

And here's Match Day 1:
    [​IMG]

16. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Thanx for the scedule, 18Rabbit !

17. 18Rabbit

18Rabbit Member

Country Flag:
    Sure thing.

18. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    Wizard is a nice bonus, but I think that Deeproot is potentially more solid, because he should last the whole 16 turns and he makes the team a lot stronger! The lightning bolt tactic can of course work, but nailing the 4+ landing to take advantage of it is not guaranteed by any means!

19. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Let's see.. I have no experience with Amazons, and I'm playing against an Experienced Dwarf Coach on my day 2? Would have been nicer to play against your halfling team as game three, just to get some R&R I suppose :D

Ah well, in our tabletop league there is a fellow playing Amazons this seasons. He's won three out of four games, and lost (to death) one Amazon per game.:skull:
    (The game he lost was against dwarves - all others he wins neatly. Still hemorrhaging Amazons though. Mostly positionals, at that.:p)

20. Barninho

Country Flag:
    That's going to be a very difficult game for you, but even if you have a bad day for injuries even a loner Amazon is a twat to knock over early and that is their main strength... plus you'll have some LOS players you won't mind losing. Plus, there's an argument you are better getting that game out of the way before they end up with Mighty Blow say? You'll still annoy the fuck out of the other teams in the group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.