1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCVb - the real seedings

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Hi guys, I have created a little play-off league for the 8 teams left in the tourney. Quit CCV and apply with your team to the:

CCVb, password = brio

Etheric is of course an admin here also, I do not have the time to create the BBM untill late tonight so somebody feel free to do it before. Post here if you do, Im off to kick some dwarfs:D

2. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Im in! :pow:

3. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I have moved the team over!

Is it really necessary to create a new BBM league though?

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I have applied, but if we can keep the old BBM league I won't mind. (Maybe impossible, depends upon how BBM works)

5. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Applied to CCVb

6. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok the matchups should be

Danton vs Nikolai II
    Bintz vs Vusfnuv
    Etheric vs Rusty
    Hoverdog vs Coachman

Make sure they are like that, and IN THAT ORDER before you start playing. If they are not in that order then the semifinals will be wrong as well (I guess that is less of an issue, but lets get it right :).

Then assuming I am right, we should get the semifinals as the winners of the first two games vs the winners of the 2nd two games. Might take a bit of fiddling with the seeding manager before that can be sorted out.

And you can only change the seeds before the first game has been played.

The good news is I now think I have a handle on how this all works, so we can do it properly next time, even though we had the right matchups, the games were seeded wrong as if you seed them right then you should get the right matchups all the way through.

7. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    In there like swim wear baby

8. Rusty

Rusty Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'm innie like a villain. Or something.

9. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Ok all applied (good fast work guys)

And I think I now have the seedings done right. If it works as it should then we should have the right semifinals as well i.e. you should not play someone from your group again before the final now whatever happens (as pretty much all the 3 and 4 seeded teams in went out in the last round, and where the team seeded 3 won the team seeded 2 lost.

It would not suprise me if cyanide throws a spanner in teh works, but I think it is right now :D.

10. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Am interested to see the outcome of these matches. They all look like really tough matchups too. No obvious walkovers. I particularly think Rusty will do well and probably win the comp, :rolleyes: given that he is the editor of the CCC and I’m still waiting on the results of my salary review. :p

Of particular interest (to me at least) is the number of new players who have made it to the top 8. About half the players are 1st time CC coaches. Could it be Coachman’s turn to claim the title, after narrowly missing out on winning CCI? Or perhaps Etheric after getting top 8 finishes in every CC since joining? Or will one of the new-bloods claim the cup and everlasting glory? :confused:

11. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I agree that this is a really interesting set of ties. I've made my predictions, but it'd be bad form to mention them ahead of the games. With six races represented at the QF stage, we're doing quite well on the diversity front.

At the very least, we won't have an all-Orc final :p

12. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    I think the chances are quite good to get a DE-Norse or DE-Orc final. At this stage I'd bet on Bintz's DElves to win the championship if he doesn't get any critical injuries on his way to the final.

13. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Will the seedings for semi finals be like that?

Danton/Nikolai II vs Bintz
    Etheric/Rusty vs Hoverdog/Coachman

14. Etheric

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    That was the idea when I set it up, so Cyanide permitting yes. If it goes wrong I would be tempted to say just carry on, so double check after the day gets rolled forward, but it *should* be.