CCVII - Important info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
It is possible to create a master with sub leagues, so that ranking would be from each division and all stats would be from the total division, but I can not promise anything, depends on real life:rolleyes:

We dont really need to create a Master league in BBManager, that is just a bonus. Plus it needs you to send in the info of the 4 group leagues to the BBManager admin guy so he sets it up for us. Last time I checked he needed to do it manually.

Creating one separate BBManager league for each group that can be done by us with no need for that admin intervention though.

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
We dont really need to create a Master league in BBManager, that is just a bonus. Plus it needs you to send in the info of the 4 group leagues to the BBManager admin guy so he sets it up for us. Last time I checked he needed to do it manually.

Creating one separate BBManager league for each group that can be done by us with no need for that admin intervention though.

But what happens to the stats?! I am talking about the Passing and Throwing stats (since thats where I can see myself now and then :) ) don't that get sorted by division aswell? And that would be really sad. I like the way you compare yourself to all divisions.

/SorroW

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
But what happens to the stats?! I am talking about the Passing and Throwing stats (since thats where I can see myself now and then :) ) don't that get sorted by division aswell? And that would be really sad. I like the way you compare yourself to all divisions.

/SorroW

Up to you then.

- One league for each group (and another one maybe for Play offs, just so to have those replays somewhere if anyone wants to watch) will show you the right rankings and stats for each group. Overall players stats will be split in each group table, and not be in a single table, unless we get this combined meta league created by the BBManager admin that Netsmurf was referring to. Maybe now the admin has updated BBManager so we can create those metaleagues ourselves without the need for admin intervetion, not sure.

- A single league for all groups confounded as we do today will show you the overall stats, but rankings and team positions will be quite meaningless. And you ll have to go always in game to find out "in group" relative rankings.

I normally prefer the 1st option, even without the meta league created. This way regarding stats at least you can have your minute of glory within your own group´s tables... on the other hand with a single stats table for 32 teams chances are you ll have a hard time seeing your little guys names appearing in any of the tables...

Last edited:

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
We can also do both - have one league with all teams (for overall stats) and one league for each group (for group stats and ranking).

It would require players to upload the match twice to BBManager, but it should not be that much of a nuisance, especially that there usually are two players involved. :p

Barmution

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Barmution
Country Flag
If the system allows a match to be posted to two different leagues, Netsmurf could setup the full cup and someone in each division could setup a division league. It would make people need to submit the match twice, but to some it might be worth it and as an additional bonus you would get dead/star players etc. info on each separate division.

Edit: Nice Mico, great(?) minds, etc.

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
So....for those of us who are new, what is BBManager? I keep seeing it talked about and wondering what it is.

It is a third party program for keeping matches available for study and Replaying. Gives you dice stats and what happened in the game. Also nice for seeing TV development.

Can download it here:BB Manager

/SorroW

EDIT: Also many leagues uses it to give statistics about the teams that are in the competition. Like there is in the first post here: http://bbtactics.com/forums/standings-ccvi-other-stats-t1121/

Most of the times the winner is uploading the game you play unto BBmanager. If you don't have it talk to the opponent beforehand to make sure he does. So that one of you can upload the game.

Last edited:

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yhank you Sorrow, I was going to ask the same thing... Ive downloaded BBmanager...how easy is it to upload a match?

It is really really easy. Make an account and make sure the name is the same as your Cyanide name, and that the password is not the same. Log in to make sure it works.
Play a match, press submit match. And you get to choose from the matches in your BB "memory".

Just a quick note here. Don't play a match, leave BB and then start it again before you try to upload it. Becouse the log files get reset when you start BB up.

One thing I have noticed that made it easier for me was to have BBmanager up and running during the match, and just click on it afterwards, then it automagicly finds the coaches names and so on. Otherwise it is no hassle to type them in.

League is important to pick the right one, but the second time you will see "your" leaues on top, so easier.

I think thats about it.

/SorroW, who realises this actually might make it harder to understand then to test it out.... :-/

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I have done the draw, I have accepted Fred´s nurgle team even though they have two games from Auld league, but none of them were DC´s and both ranked.

Only Mico had a team with a relegation issue, so he is in div3 with the little green guys.

Our current champion is the least experienced team in div 2, but he must be a good coach so he should manage.

Remember that 4 from each division goes to the play offs this season, and a shiny price is to be had for the winner of CCVII:D

Feel free to protest wildly.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I protest wildly, on the grounds that I should have fired someone and so dropped down into an easier tier :rolleyes:

Also, when's the first rollover? The 5th?

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I protest wildly... too many agility teams in Div 1 :D

Good Luck to all ! May the Blood Bowl !

PS: feeling sorry for Hoverdog ! Standing champion gets it harder ...

Last edited:

DamanArress

Veteran
Country Flag
My first match ever against a live human opponent and it's against the league organizer. "Welcome, Rookie, you'll now need to finish a 1v1 basketball game against Kobe Bryant immediately following your UFC match against Junior Dos Santos".

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Only Mico had a team with a relegation issue, so he is in div3 with the little green guys.

(...)

Feel free to protest wildly.
I will protest then, since this means yet another season for my gobbos when their TV is higher or equal as TV of their opponents, which kind of defies the point of playing Goblins in the first place. :(

I was hoping the seeding remains as it was - by the number of games played. This would give me some bribes and maybe the Reaper for some games. Right now, my little green guys are screwed. Again. :skull:

If I knew this would happen, I would probably have entered a different team. And if this is possible, I would like to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.