1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCVII - Important info

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    EDIT: I posted a lot of butthurt over my team's seeding, here but soon realised that it was an overemotional reaction which does not fit a proper Goblin coach :powdodge:, so to everyone unfortunate enough to have read it: I am sorry, can we forget about it? ;)

The Sidekicks are ready to get their little green bottoms kicked. Bring on the pain. :skull:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Ummm... could somebody please post the seedings, or tell me about which division I ended up in? Didn't have time to check last evening and can't really fire up BB at work... Pretty please?

3. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    By memory, you're in the second tier, with the second highest TV after the DRAWFS.

4. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Thanks a bunch, John! Argh... the frakkin' DRAWFS... oh well, should be doable if he doesn't manage to stock up on a lot more Guard before our match. I feel really sorry for the Halflings going up against them, tho :(

5. Flanks

Flanks Member

Country Flag:
    No flings in Div2 that I can see!

Wish there was :(

6. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Whoa, I certainly stand corrected, sorry mate. For some reason I thought Pottsy had reapplied with the Sticky Fingers. Well, then... happy hunting until we meet on the pitch ;)

7. Flanks

Flanks Member

Country Flag:
    Need more guard... NEED MORE GUARD!

8. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Note to self: Get Claws. And a fresh Dirty Player rotter. And loaded dice, preferably of the good kind :p

9. Fred Bucket

Fred Bucket Member

Country Flag:
    is there an overview of all the divisions ?
    At work currently and dying to know what I'm up for :rolleyes:

10. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I have used my superpowers and ignored the fact that the Gobbos of Mico needed a relegation, so hover and mico have swapped. I like it better that way my self and since mico´s team was the only team out of 32 to get either relegated or promoted I have desided to ignore that system:powdodge:

11. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well, I'm not sure what to say, because from my own perspective this is an awesome development of situation, but I'm don't know how hoverdog feels about it. This should also be beneficial for his team, but he may think otherwise. :confused:

And to think of all the whining I already managed to unleash on the world. Feeling a little awkward now. :eek:

Anyway, Netsmurf, The Sidekicks want to thank You for letting them face developed Werewolves, Sauri with Block, Chaos with MB, Nurgle with Guard and... Dwarves. Um. Ok, why did I want to be in this group again? :p

12. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Think of the fun you'll have! :D

13. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    When I first saw their positions, I was set on posting that there must had been a mistake, but I did see your motivation for their placements and even if I didn't agree I could see that there had been reasoning going on.

But I must still applaud this decision, which I think does make good sense. :)

14. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    T_T -crying so hard in corner-

Why are Har Gan. allowed back for a third cup in a row? Blasted Dark Elves have bribed Smurf...

On a slightly more serious note, I hope that we aren't going to have someone miss half their games despite promises of the contrary. I managed to make every one of my matches, even with the dodgiest schedule in the world and having to share the internet with four other people, so there isn't much excuse if you aren't away from an internet provider.

EDIT: I ought to point out that these other people all use separate computers or laptops to me and try to use it at the same time, so it's much more difficult to organise a match on my end than it is someone else's. Funnily enough, this is why most of my games are on weekends, very late in the evening.

EDIT #2: Did someone bribe Smurf, as I fondly remember losing to a good portion of my group last Crunch Cup. I mean, I have Barmution, Viajero & Tronak, all of whom I lost to. Methinks that I need some come-uppence to occur. Then again, I say that, but apart from John, the other half of the group is in Group 4. XD

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  15. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well,

It is not only about how you and Hoverdog feel exclusively I am afraid.

Smurf is da boss and he ll do as he pleases (respect) but I for one am not happy with this turn of events. I much prefer to play against hoverdogs reasonable and no-tackle undead team than with a scarily multiple-bribe inducement loaded chainsaw/foul trigger happy goblin team. If he deserved a relegation from what I read above (as I am not sure of the rules) then so be it. If he wants to be in a group with higher TV to get inducements galore then shouldn´t he achieve it by his own merits? I.e. win games and/or trim down team value. If you remove their main incentive to win (so to avoid relegation) or make TV trimming unnecessary for them goblins then become really diabolic. Goblins were not made easy to play for a reason and the impact they can have in an opponent if they are allowed to load on bribes or star players is tremendous. That luxury should not be given away lightly methinks.

I hope that when you guys take these decissions, request to be changed of group or ask for exceptions, you realize that these changes impact not only the team in question but the rest of teams in the affected group(s). Just saying! ;)

Having said that I am ok with Mico in our group and I am ready to be the first to enjoy his boots and chainsaws close and personal, bring it on! :p

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  16. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I was allowed because I suffered the most deaths in the last CC, I believe (5, including a loner, a +agi blitzer, a +ST lineman and a couple more linos...).

No, well, the true reason is I wanted to reroll to a necro team but there was already plenty of them and since I enjoy my elves a lot I thought Id give them another shot and try to win it this time :p

17. pinga2010

pinga2010 New Member

Country Flag:
    intro to CC7

Out of politeness,

as we might imagine that it is not pleasant being smashed :skull: by random unknow Basterdx Orcs, we warn u that we register as well to the cup and that, besides the 3 weeks in December that we ll spend on holidays killing Elfs, (I ll not be able to play 3 games probably :mad:) we intend to be ur worst nightmare!

c u on the field,

P.

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    To all coaches! Take heed for this is a wee bit important. When you have uploaded your match to your group BBM, then please write it in your matchmaking division thread, that way Gallows and I will know that we have something to admin:D

19. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    X-mas break! The match week starting December 19 will stretch so far that it enters the new year! Roll over day will be January 2nd:powdodge:

20. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Welcome to the Crunch Cup, and the site!

I think you might be our first Italian coach?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.