1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCVIII - Important information

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

The quality of the admins and the great community is one of the biggest attraction of the crunch cup.....

:(

2. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    I'm really sorry to hear that smurf. We've been doing this for a while but I know bb can be frustrating.

3. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry if it sounded like that, but I didn't intend to. Yes, I surely tried to show that I'm really not willing to replay the match again, because it's not fun for me to replay it.

But I several times suggested to admin any result (be it my win, a draw, or my loss due to refuse to replay). I don't feel being unhappy about any of these results, as it doesn't meen much in the current state of my team, so if I made an expression I am, that was unintentionally.

All this situation surprises me in fact. I made my suggestion about the match (simulating results as close as possible), Netsmurf didn't like it. He asked for a replay, otherwise he'd admin a draw.

Next morning I decided I don't want to replay and don't want to give Netsmurf a new chance for a win and wrote about it here. I expected this game to be admined, as it was declared by Nesmurf before.

When asked why, I tried to explain as much as I can. When people stated it's not possible to simulate spp, I explained how it can be done.

I didn't insist and didn't expected my admined win, and, especially, Netsmurf's drop.

I don't really see at what moment an admined draw became unacseptable and everything became so dramatic.

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Also gutted about Smurf.

I don't think it does us any good to take sides or point fingers though. The problem here is that we have never had a procedure for this eventuality and a set of rules in advance. In the past we've had people award the victory to their opponent, we've had people try to 'recreate' the spp and earlier in the season I replayed a match against NiffeNaffe myself after a disconnection (not the same situation since the disco was on my side, but it was turn 13 and I was at least on for a draw so 'gutted'.)

This can't happen again. Don't care what the rule is but there needs to be one so it's consistent.

5. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    I'm relatively new to the Crunch Cup, but it's been easy to see how much of the spirit and drive of the Cup can be attributed to Netsmurf and his contributions. I'm really saddened by his departure and I hope that he'll be rejoining at some point.

Other than that I totally agree with Barninho that we need a concise rule on how to deal with server-side errors/errors that aren't any player's fault (directly or indirectly). My gut feeling would say that an admined draw would be the most fair, unless both parts agree to a rematch. There's bound to be a lot of nuances, though, but that may be all the better reason to have a strict, simple rule.

6. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    As the remaining administrator within CC8 I do take these points fully on board and I agree that we would do better to look to the future than dwell too much on the cause of the issues.

As a group, both the cup and the forums have grown and matured.

As such I do think further action is required regarding future leagues and would certainly propose an outline rules section for the next cup in which everyone will know what the expectations are from the outset, to avoid such unforseen issues re-occuring.

Look out for future polls.

7. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I hope You reconsider, Netsmurf and rejoin the cup, as it will certainly not be the same without You!

It was a completely new situation for everyone, so no solution was ready and a disagreement occured. It happens. Next time, we shall be prepared. Please don't base Your decision to leave the cup on a one-time problem like this. Think it over. We are all here to have fun and being reasonable (as much as people playing Blood Bowl can be ;) ), we can work out the imperfections.

8. Flanks

Flanks Member

Country Flag:
    I suspect a large part of this is how much pressure is on Smurf here, which is probably something we take for granted. Very likely he over reacted slightly, but it is very understandable given his situation with the CC.

I for one hope he comes back, won't be the same without that ridiculous nurgle team to scare everyone! Maybe just a few others (Such as gallows) moderate the cup to take the stress off individuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.