1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCVision Viajero games streaming!

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Viajero, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Turns 3 and 4 were very short for Barr :rolleyes:

2. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Hehe, very. Add the dead in my first blitz and its not a very lucky start for a match.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Yep, but I got lucky when you ran out of time, so I think the score is quite accurate :)

4. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Well, I run out of time because you positioned quite well... :D I wasnt unlucky there really.

5. Barristan

Barristan Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the compliment, but I meant I got lucky with something like :pow:, double dodge, 4+ pick-up, dodge, pass + catch leading to an open TD, all that without RR after you left your carrier exposed ;) Overall, you positionned better than me, and as you were faster and I couldn't depitch your guys at all, the result was quite logical. I got unlucky with the pair of early snake eyes, but if I could find the time to watch the replay I am fairly sure I could have played more safely, at least covering a bit better before attempting to dodge.

We'll see if I remember the basics better against Mortlock's Pros tomorrow.

6. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Match against Thorlacious Skaven uploaded to youtube! Rememebr to select the best resolution for best viewing. Still set at 480p but I think it will be reformatted to 720p automatically at some point.

So, skaven vs woodies hey? Shootout? TD fest with both teams highfiving each other as they go? Sorry, niet, nein, nope... good old Woody 2-1 grind instead :D .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-3ZWTsjAos]CCX Div 3 MD4 Viajero vs Thorlacius - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  7. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    CC Division 3

Lightspeed Freaks (Viajero, Woodies) vs Asthetics of Hate (Hawca, Dark Elves)

Whot? More Dark Elves? Surely this can´t be! Everyone knows Dark Elves are OP!

Tuesday, November 6th
    21:00 GMT+1

Live Video by Viajero

Here on CCVision!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  8. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Last minute change in broadcasting url. Will be doing it from twitch tv:

Live Video by Viajero

Starting in around 30 minutes

9. Hawca

Hawca Member

Country Flag:
    A I set about this game with a plan, to remove as many wood elfs as possible and fast, all started well until my failed gfi with a RR. Granted it was 3+.

Your score was text book, my defence having no chance after a pitch invasion.

My drive then was a continuation of my plan, remove players by any means,

Final result was a fair one, I personally felt I could have stollen it, but also know the scoring power of wood elfs, and this guy was 4-0-0 going into the game,

I think I got my tatics right

Thanks GG

10. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Indeed. Very effective tactic and the dice and the get the Ref event went with it early in the game enough to keep a very strong pressure in numbers for the rest of the game. After turn 1 (as in "one") 4 of my elves were out. 3 KO and 1 snake eyed a bribe :(

On turn 7 I leaped to force a 3+ dump off and catch, then a pick up and 3+ gfi rolls which paid off :p

2nd half i think with 7v9 I should have stalled from turn 9 until the end. But that pitch invasion "forced" me to score I think! And after my early score your grind was also "text book"! Well played.

No major losses for me except a -ST in a rookie lino (5 spp though!). But ill have my blodge catcher and a dodge lino MNG next game against Barm Lizards so It ll be quite a struggle. Hopefully I get enough cash for a tree... Need it desperately for that game!

Replay here (game really starts 10 minutes in): http://twitch.tv/viajero1969/b/338349603

11. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    And now in Youtube... in HD (720p) yey me!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeHjZAfcwho]CCX Div 3 MD5 Viajero vs Hawca - YouTube[/ame]

12. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    That was a fun game of elfball. Nice positioning.

I was wondering if you should have pushed up a bit more aggressively in the 1st half, especially after the early cas.

I am a lot more sold on getting dodge first for wood elf linos though, very helpful.

Looked like you don't have dump off as ask though, or maybe it is not so obvious from this side.

Was a nice example of how much a mess early cas can make of anyones plans.

Probably would not have apoed a MNG at that point either, especially as the gang foul on the wardancer was incoming, and typical the broken collar bone guy gets the MVP.

13. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:

Yeah the apo was a dodgy decission. And I knew the foul on the WD was coming. But the MNG on my Catcher was a fact, whereas the WD was still to be decided... or so went my rationalizing :D and I really would have liked to have the catcher in my next game!

The broken collar bone lino already had the 5 spp before coming to this game, the MVP went to another lino, a 0 spp one, so... one for the other :rolleyes:

14. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Watched it from the first TD, around turn 10 or so. Some very nice positioning, but at that point it was pretty obvious that it was a draw in the making.

Now I'm sort of anxious as to how I'm going to look when we're up, V :p

15. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    Well you click the MVP at the end of the replay and he clearly the guy who gets it has str 2.

One other thing I did think of, the lino on the cage corner at the end of the first half had enough move to get in the end zone without a GFI, so I would have blitzed him free then it is a 2+ 2+ rather than a 2+ 3+ to score (and avoiding key 3+ with a RR is why I play elves in the first place!). If the runner did not break armour (whcih I don't think he did from looking at it again) then it would be 2+ with safe hands RR then a 2+ with a team RR which is 94% vs the 83% for the 2+ 3+. If you can't use the safe hands guy it is still 92%.

You do get one block less, but I don't think that is a big deal.

16. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    Hehe, no presure!

I have just realized that my next opponent was not you but BlackSierra. So more elf on elf action next MD and before we meet! At least that means for sure both my MNG catcher and lino will be back just in time for our game :p

17. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Well, I doubt our TVs will be close enough anyway for me not to face another freaking Woodie team with a Wizard (unless DakaMan's horror-Wolf slaughters my Sauruses...). My only consolation is that you don't seem to play as insanely loose and fast as BlackSierra, so that will probably either save or damn me ;)

Time to break some elves, dammit! And by Jove, Old Kroxford better learn to use that tail of his more effectively...

18. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    CCX Division 3 MD6

Lightspeed Freaks (Viajero, Woodies) vs Crunchables (Black Sierra, Woodies)

Hot elf on elf action, for a change :rolleyes:

Tuesday, November 13th
    20:30 GMT+1

Live Video by Viajero

Here on CCVision!

19. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    MD6 (crashed on turn 13) now uploaded to Youtube (select 720p for better viewing):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkSLf0SIEcg]CCX MD6 Viajero (Woodies) vs BlackSierra (Woodies) Crashed game turn 13 - YouTube[/ame]

20. Viajero

Viajero Active Member

Country Flag:
    CC Division 3

Lightspeed Freaks (Viajero, Woodies) vs Kroxford and Thesaurii (Barmution, Evil evil lizzards)

Barmution is a very solid coach going up the usually steep learning curve (the team´s not his) of a rookie lizard team into greatness. I think his lizzies have passed that tipping point where they cease to be rookies, that is when they get their first MB´s, Break Tackle´s and/or Tackle´s in their Saurii. So I believe his results to date in CCX can not be used as a proxy to estimate what may happen tonight! It will be a tough game for the Freaks no doubt.

Friday, November 23rd
    20:00 GMT+1

Live Video by Viajero

Here on CCVision!