1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCXII - speculation thread

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Ken, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Jbecks

Jbecks Member

Cyanide Username:
    jbecks
    Country Flag:
    Do I keep my goblins or take norse! oooo the decisions!

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    [PublicServiceAnnouncement]
    Crunch Cup in-game signups have opened!

So, how should you do to get in?

You head over to your local Cyanide client. You enter the league finder and search either for a the league name Crunch or the commissioner Dreamy. View the league, find your team in the dropdown at the bottom of the page and press the "apply" button. The password is crunchcup

Teams will be admitted in the order of posting in this thread - but it is still possible to apply. Admissions won't close until midnight Sunday the 25th of August (no matter what your timezone ;))

(Actual admission to the league will dependant upon forming groups of eight teams, but that is a problem for next week, a.k.a. "the seedings week". The Cup should start about the 1st of September and be 13-14 weeks long, dependant upon how large the playoff has to be)

[/PublicServiceAnnouncement]

3. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Love the job your doing there Ken.

Wow, Delf are popular. 13.5% of teams!

4. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Word of warning. Once teams started getting accepted to the league I stopped updating the spreadsheet. It's likely a few days ou of date

5. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    On the positive side it's bound to put a decent number of them into the graveyard. It's every coach's duty to look himself in the mirror before each match and ask himself this question: "Am I doing my part?" Naturally, this goes doubly for Woodies and every type of Dwarf.

6. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    As this is a speculation thread, you all get a part in this. I've bought a few mouses in case I rage and break one or more of them. Now here's the importamt bit: Place your bets on howw many I'll break!

Just for fun. I'll come up with something for the winner/winners.

7. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    3 mice! It's a lucky number.

8. Altashheth

Altashheth Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I'm betting 2

9. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Now that's the spirit!

Also, I'd say adding a quote of choice from the winner in my signature could be considered a prize, no? :D

10. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    You never have to worry about RnR at least doing their absolute best to put elfs into the graveyard, and as i'm I'll be in a division with at least 2 Delf teams, including the highest TV team and the CCXI champion, i should have some choice targets!

11. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    The HRE High elves will do thier best to kill of the Dark Elf menace, there is only room for one AV8 elf race here!

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    If you want to speculate about seeding, it'll be fairly close to TV, adjusted by MNG and being a stunty team, and then fudged some based upon team history, coach rating and team details (like cash in hand, snazzy skillups etc)

But I expect the majority to end up where their TV says.. But I might well be surprised, I recall a pretty tight spread..

13. Limdood

Country Flag:
    As I, as well as both of the dark elf teams i'm talking about, are over 1900 TV and in the top 8 for TV, I'm pretty confident about my guess....though i suppose if one were to want to drop RnR down to division 2 or 3 i wouldn't complain...

14. Barmution

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    As you don't need my permission, I'll give you my encouragement instead ;)

15. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    I expect to be in Div 1, silibili and/or Morg every game FTW!

16. Limdood

Country Flag:
    last i checked, Div 1 goes down to around 1830-ish.

I didn't check lower divisions because every div you move down you're more likely for stuntiness to screw with stuff.

17. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    After going though the teams by the seeding Dreamy suggests I should be in one of the lower divisions, especially since most of the teams around my Tv are actually a lot higher due to players Missing :D. Hopefully it should allow me to build up a more balances team with a reasonable about of depth & options. On the other hand it does not matter where I am placed initially I will still be swapped by elf teams I simply do not have the skills to deal with... :(

Pre cup speculation is always exciting especially as you go though and consider which teams you really want to avoid or which you hope will offer favourable match ups.

18. Blasscend

Blasscend Member

Cyanide Username:
    Blassc_end
    Country Flag:
    Btw, when we´re already talking about RnR-whoever kills Kurt Cobain will get in trouble. Just saying.

Except of course he kills himself while doing a gfi or dodge..that would be irony at it´s best.

19. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I recall in one of the earlier CC's we had Curt Cobain die on the 1st block of the game of the season. I think it was Barninho's Goblin team. And then the Courier named an award after him. Or am i getting a bit mixed up here...? Can't remember...

20. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Wasn't it two Curt Cobains in that season? Both died and one died again as a zombie?

(I dunno, I'm just making things up now ;))