1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCXII - Standings

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Ken, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    pretty high pts for some of the 5th place players out there, even 6th places in Div 2 and Div 4 have a shot at a wildcard

3. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I should just read the rules, but everyone knows i'm too lazy to do that, so i will just ask here instead :p

How many teams make it to the playoffs? Top 4 from each division?

4. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    Top 4 each div makes 28, plus next 4 best points totals takes the 4 wild card slots

best of luck against chakkal, make 'em hurt :D

5. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Thanks for the info. Our div 4 is very tight for top 4, but its good to know there is a possibility of wildcard entry.

Will do my best vs Chakkal, but with 3 of my players MNG its going to be tough.

6. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    at this point I don't think you could miss a wild card spot with your 12 pts, regardless of the outcome of md6 & 7 for you

7. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    With most of the MD7 games played, it looks like 10 points pretty much assures you a wild card. You might have a shot with 9, depending on how the last few results turn out.

8. Triple Skulls

Triple Skulls Member

Cyanide Username:
    Triple Skulls
    Country Flag:
    9 will do it for one or two I think. I'm just glad my TD diff counts me out now as didn't feel like going up against the might of Div1 with my lowly Div7 Elfs!

9. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Huh, seem Division 5 has been a tough crowd, 10 points would have qualified me in many other divisions. Looks like I'm going to end up in 6th place with an even record.

10. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    10 pts could still send you to a wild card slot... have fun :) take a bribe with you, could pay off

11. akirilus

Country Flag:
    Because teams in places 1-4 are guaranteed to go through anyway, as things stand, if Miicro wins or has a draw, only teams with 10 pts will get wild cards. If he loses, 1 team with 9 points will get a wildcard. Since Street and Keechmj play each other, the winner will qualify. If they have a draw, Street will qualify by virtue of finishing in 4th place, Keechmj will miss out because 8 pts won't cut it.

12. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    So we are using the American system of wild cards and not the European one.

In every European system I can think of 5th place and 9 points is better then 6th place and 10 points.
    However all the American sports do it the other way around.

Guess that is because they play teams from other divisions ( but not as often ) while the European ones play only teams in their division.

13. akirilus

Country Flag:
    That is how I interpreted the statement "teams with the 4 best records (of those that did not qualify)". You're right, though, all euro tournaments would look at a 5th place team as having done better than any 6th place team.

14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I didn't imagine it would matter - but if it does then points might well be the way to go. Meaning the CC rewards wins over draws, just like they do with the 3-1-0 point scheme.

15. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    Wow division 4 was close. 1 point separating the first 4 spots!

16. Ken

Ken Kenny the Mechanic

Country Flag:
    I'm annoyed I ruined our near perfect season with a tie :(

17. Kjelstad

Kjelstad Active Member

Steam Username:
    Kjelstad
    Cyanide Username:
    Kjelstad
    Country Flag:
    I get a 4th place spot if Miicr) loses but I also have 10 points. reading that you are giving me hope I still might get in. Just don't match me against Jimmy in case I have to fill in for him, Nikolai. If I do get in.

Yeah, in American playoffs we take the best records but 10 out of 16 games are against random teams from the other 7 divisions. Well not quite random. Plus Americans are always looking at records, never the place.

When the Seahawks won their division with a 7-9 losing record that was all you heard about.

18. Limdood

Limdood Well-Known Member

Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
    Country Flag:
    just to be helpful:

If miicr0 wins or draws, the wildcards will be:
    #1 akirilus 10-points +0 TDs
    #2 Kjelstad 10 points +0 TDs, less overall TDs than akirilus
    #3 Dionysian 10 points -1 TDs
    #4 Remthar 10 points -2 TDs

If miicr0 loses, the wildcards are:
    #1 akirilus 10 points +0 TDs
    #2 Dionysian 10 points -1 TDs
    #3 Remthar 10 points -2 TDs
    #4 TYS123 9 points +3 TDs

19. Remthar

Remthar Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Which if i am reading thing correctly, means I will face either Lim's Ragnarok-N-Roll, Deadliest team of division one AND top of Division one, or Kaz's Malekith Cocktails, last seasons champions!

Regardless, the current plan is to take 3 bribes, a Wizard and go down in a blaze of fouling glory and pyrotechnics!

20. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    If you beat me whilst filling in for me i am going to be very annoyed. At the very least i would expect you to draw vs your Ogres. :p