1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necromantic Chainsaw Inducement vs Vampires

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Stareater, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Hi everyone,

I'm soon to enter a somewhat developed LRB5 league with my necromantic team. The first game will be against a Vampire team and I have pretty much everything planned. I have 90k of inducement left though and I'm thinking about hiring Hack instead of a bloodweiser babe. Nobody in our league has any experience with chainsaw players and I was thinking I could use this to my advantage. The drawback is that I have no experience with using a chainsaw either. So I'm looking for a few words of advice beyond the obvious. Is chainsaw pieces worth the gold pieces or is it better to just take a babe? If it's worth it how can I maximise the benefits of having a crazy chainsaw wielding skeleton on my team?

2. Avatar111x

Country Flag:
    How advanced are the Vamps? Is there many blodgers? If so, grab the Chainsaw, as it will your best way to hurt them. Otherwise I'm not convinced. Your team should be able to hurt his team pretty well and the Wolves will help to drop the Vamps armour, which is only average in the first place.

If you do get the chainsaw, make sure that you manage your turns. With the chainsaw you need him out there for 8 turns if possible, unless you intend to take a bribe. That may mean not using him if your opponent receives, as if they get the quick score, its bye bye Skelly. And protect him ... if the other side gets a free shot on him, it's pretty much game over for him anyway.

3. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Much of his team value is tied up in rerolls which is good for me. Most of the vamps are block, very little dodge. A couple of the vamps have +ST and one has a annoying +ST and +AG boost.

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Also, what is his Vamps to Thralls ratio?

If you can't get a good shot at the vampires, you can mow down thralls which might make it harder for him to deal with bloodlust, forcing him to use rerolls on those rolls.

And the sheer ability of chainsawers to pull attention to themselves shouldn't be forgotten. AV 8 is not that protected from it, and in my opinion it should be more useful than a Babe (unless you get singularly unlucky with your injuries)

5. Avatar111x

Country Flag:
    Something I didn't consider earlier is that with all that Hypnotic Gaze, it will be pretty easy for his Vamps to get Blitzes on the Chainsaw. I can see the Armour + 3 being useful, but I'm just being pulled more and more towards the Babe.

6. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Chainsaw players getting blitzed is their biggest problem and as you say Vampires can usually do that fairly easily.

He also doesn't have much Dodge as you mentioned. I doubt KOs are going to be a big issue for a Necromantic team facing Vampires either though.

I'm slightly confused how you can swap Hack for a Babe though when he costs more than two Babes and you have 90k to spend? Would that be dropping one babe to get enough to take Hack leaving you with one Babe anyway? I'd do that rather than have 90k left over, though I personally think a Bribe would probably be more use to you.

7. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Don't ask my why, but it is a LRB5 league for some reason. I was not involved in that decision. That means Hack has 'No Hands' and costs 90k. Not enough for a bribe. We don't play with the special play cards so only a Babe, mercenary zombie, mercenary skeleton and Hack are what I can afford.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011