1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Chaos Dwarf start roster, team development and tactics

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Meister P, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Zharud Darksoul

Zharud Darksoul New Member

My rulebook is the 2002 version. Don't know, what edition that qualifies for. But Re-rolls still cost 50k for the Chaos Dwarfs in it. Bull-centaurs cost 130k, Blockers 70k, Hobs 40k.

2. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Think that is LRB1, I used to start the team with 5 rerolls and no bulls or Minotaur / Troll though that is an unusual way to start.

I'd start with all 6 Blockers and at least three rerolls then whatever else you can afford to get 11 players.

3. Zharud Darksoul

I managed to contact a coach, who sold me 2 used Blockers for a very good price. Now I can order the Chaos Dwarf team and Hthark (I'll use him as a rookie Bull-centaur). So my Blockers are maxed out.

One question though. Do they ship figures with their slotta bases or do I have to buy those seperately?

4. Coach

Country Flag:
    You mean from games workshop directly?

They should come with bases, you can usually get a better price off ebay though for blood bowl miniatures. They haven't been updated for over 15 years so there are plenty about.

Depends how much of a rush you are in though.

5. Zharud Darksoul

I'm not in a hurry. I'm just getting familiar with the game. But I want to get my team together the sooner, the better. And I will be ordering my figures from a gaming store, which has contact with GW.

I was asking about the bases, because I've seen some BB star player figures on ebay, which looked like they didn't have any bases in the package. At least I couldn't see any next to the miniature on the pictures.

6. Ancre

Ancre Member

Sometimes the package have some sort of black-grey spongelike "thing" and the base is under it.

7. Hasdrubal

Hasdrubal New Member

That's called blister foam ;)

8. Zharud Darksoul

Got my 2 Blockers. Now for the rest of the team. I think, I'll choose the 1 Bull-centaur, 6 Blockers, 4 Hobgoblins team structure.

9. WORGORE

WORGORE New Member

About to kick off our league. Straight dog fight , 12 games, only 2 can be played against the same opposition. Winner takes all!:)

So i decided it was fine time i got to grips with 'chaos dwarfs' ! Got to admit that i was strongly tempted by the Minotaur option. But took on board the comments here and i'm going the 4 re rolls, bull centaur route.

Will keep you all posted of my progress if you like?? Maybe even with the odd mug shot of my new team as i paint them up!

Great site by the way, will be pushing others this way! Just don't show them how to beat me :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  10. Coach

Country Flag:
    Glad you found it useful, please do keep us updated with how it goes, solid starting roster in a league. Good Luck!

11. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Member

Country Flag:
    Skill ups for team members

Started playing the Chaos Dwarfs, and just wanted some input on how people like to skill up the team.

I am thinking to go with mighty blow for the first blocker skill to hope to get SPPs faster for the second skill, then taking guard for the second skill. Or will that take to long to get guard for my guys causing be to fall behind in the strength dept?

12. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I like to design all the dwarfs with M-blow, Pilling on and hopefully claws before guard, but Im just plain old violent;)

13. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    On bashy teams such a Orcs and dwarfs I normally like to give Guard to the first BoBs or Blockers to get a skill (for BoBs it's usually the second skill after Block). This is more useful for getting a bashing advantage over most teams early on and then the later ones to skill up get MB, so that they can catch up quicker in the spp race.

I have never played with Chaos Dwarfs, but that's the way I would probably approach it anyway! :)

14. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Member

Country Flag:
    Is there something wrong with the big hatted little buggers?

Just wondering if there is something wrong with these guys? Not really much chat about them in the forum, and they were cut out of the cyanide version of the game. The seem like a solid and fun team, is there some horrible facet of them I am missing?

15. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    GW does not make chaos dwarfs anymore, think thats whats up. Its a rock solid team and with full strength you only have to field 2 AV7 hobgobs. I think that they are way better than normal dwarfes. If you get surehands on a bull centaur then you have an awesome ball carrier:pow:

16. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Member

Country Flag:
    Easier said than done I guess, have yet to get any spps for my bulls. Used up all my rerolls trying to get the ball :( Lost 3 - 0 vs the woodies, and did not even score any injuries. Hopefully next game goes better.

17. RadFred

RadFred New Member

Country Flag:
    Here's the deal: in the first match of the league, one of my Hobgoblins got knocked down, and picked up an MNG. What would you do? I've got 80Ks in my treasury.

Should I replace the Hobgoblin, or just buy an apothecary and think about replacing later?

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Was it a MNG with consequences or just a MNG? If it was just a MNG then get the apoth, but if your player suffered a damage then sack him and get the apoth any ways, its so much nicer to play with an apoth on the sideline, the apoth actualy might work once in a while;)

19. RadFred

RadFred New Member

Country Flag:
    It was just a plain one, but since I don't have much experience, I don't know how much impact will the +1 damage modifier will cause. I'll stick with the apo though, thanks!

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    That's 51 or 52 - Niggling injury. A consequence that occasionally is very painful, but can be lived with if needed. Since it was an unskilled player you should fire him if you can afford it.

Apotechary first - it can save valuable players.