1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Chaos Dwarf start roster, team development and tactics

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Meister P, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    The MNG damage is divided into MNG without further consequence, injury rolls of 41-48.

Then the nasty MNG start to come, 51 & 52 is Niggling injury, so whenever that players armour is broken the enemy only have to roll 9 in order to cas him. That is a huge problem on AV7 or less. I would fire him at once unless its a player with skills. I normaly use linerats with nigglings as Dirty players. They are very likely to be send off before they get hurt and they will normaly not get any SPP and finaly if they die so be it.

53 & 54 are the -MA, not a big problem normaly. Just reasign the player to LOS duty. But since it is a hobgob that is not a good place to be so I would fire him.

55 & 56 are the -AV, and that will get him down to AV6 - thats like giving away free SPP to the enemy so sack him.

57 is -AG and since your team realy lacks AG he is now useless so fire him.

58 is -ST and that gives you one lousy catcher type with stats 6237 which is ridiculous so get rid of him.

60+ is dead and with no apoth your problem is solved;)

2. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    I will probably cop critisism for this but i think with Chaos Dwarves its a realistic (however risky) option to go for all the positionals right from the start. Leaving you with 1 RR and 20,000gp left. Now let me explain..

CD's start with block and are not going to be doing much more than blocking anyway so :skull::skull: isnt a high probability 1/36
    Bulls are ST4 so they more often than not get 2D blocks in their favour so its 1/9 of failure. This is a risk but it gives you max chance of a MVP and getting block asap.
    The minotaur will help get some opposition off the pitch and help against those stronger teams and as above give you the chance of an MVP as any SPP on him will help his otherwise slow developement
    And the hobos i use as assists, to foul, fill gaps in screens and cages.

Its been said before if you are doing anything AG related other than picking up the ball with these guys you will come unstuck. So i use the RR to pick up ball then cage and bash.

Thoughts, feelings, comments, opinions?

3. Hoverdog

Hoverdog Active Member

Country Flag:
    1RR is very risky for a team with no ball-handling skills at all and AG3 on only a couple guys. Add a minotaur to the equation (frenzy with no block means there's a pretty nice chance of having a combination of :skull: and :bothdown: on blocks and turning over) and you're with no re-rolls on turn 2.

4. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would only try it with 2 rerolls minimum and wait on the mino. That should give you time to score with the bulls, and also extra oppotunities to get them the ball:powdodge: You realy want to score with the bulls so that they can get block.

5. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    If the mino is left out there is enough GP for an apoth. Do you think its worth taking from the start or would go with out and save for the mino?

6. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I would go with the apoth, its no good for your team if your run out of important players before you have the mino;)

7. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    Yeh i think your right..
    Start with:
    6 CD's
    2 Bulls
    2 Hobo's
    Mino
    1 RR
    20,000gp left over
    I would need 210,000gp to get 2nd RR, the apoth and a 3rd Hobo

Your way start with:
    6 CD's
    2 Bulls
    3 Hobo's
    2 RR
    Apoth
    10,000gp left over
    I only need 140,000gp to get the Mino.

Your way give you more in less time.
    Thanks for the advice

8. Blind pugh

Blind pugh New Member

Country Flag:
    Just found this thread, lots of good advice I plan on trying out.

9. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    My intended 'bull carrier' build:
    Block, Break Tackle, Sure Hands, Strip ball, (Dodge on doubles)

Anyone used this build on a bull? Any thoughts on what order to take skills in? Or prehaps alternate skills ive not considered?

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    A coach in my club swears that a bull must have break tackle first, but then another goes for block first and since they have both won a tourney, I gather it must be up to personal preference.

I would go for block first, and I would try to give them the ball and use them as carriers.:powdodge:

11. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    I agree with block first.. My plan is to build one carrier (the build mentioned in my last post) and i think ill build the other as a sweeper with block, break tackle, mighty blow, frenzy.

Thoughts?

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    If you want a killer sweeper then mighty blow and pilling on is a must. I would even wait with break tackle, as you want to kill anything near by and you should be able to blitz with other players, not just reling on one bull:D

13. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    I dont know about a bull on the ground. Might end up foul bait. What do people think about juggernaut?

14. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Member

Country Flag:
    My first bull Centaur just got his first level up. I rolled 2 - 5s, so I can take a doubles skill or of course the +MA. I am a bit perplexed on which direction I should go. Any ideas?

15. danton

danton Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    danton
    Country Flag:
    I would be tempted by the +Ma to be honest - makes him into a genuine one turn scoring threat - assuming he can catch the ball lol! Also means he can cover a lot of ground in general.

If you want to take the double then Dodge is probably your best option. Follow it up with Block and Break Tackle and you have a very effective and mobile piece.

16. RogueBanshee

RogueBanshee Member

Country Flag:
    I almost immediately took the +MA on the 10 until I realized that it was also a doubles. I was having trouble to choose between Dodge, and +MA. I decided to go the +MA, I hope that was the wise choice.

17. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I think it will prove itself as a good choise in the long run:pow:

18. Morgred

Morgred Member

Country Flag:
    I agree.. I would love the extra MV on one of my Bulls. I think you will surprize alot of opposition coaches with how well he will cover the pitch.

Good choice!

19. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'd go with Dodge, but +MA should prove very useful too.

20. Autarii

Autarii New Member

Country Flag:
    Massive thread necromancy here, but seeing that Cyanide have just rolled out the Chaos Dwarves, I don't think it matters.

Right, I've been playing them and, lo and behold, the first team I try go 4 and 0. This is inconceivable for me because I am a pretty awful coach, to be frank.

Problem: Dwarves and bulls doing well. Hobbos, dropping like flies. My level 2 sure-hands ball carrier has picked up -AV. He's on 13 SPP. Do I sack him or let nature take its course?

I don't give two hoots about TV efficiency and I'm generally happy to run with a few injuries for fluff reasons, but I just can't make up my mind on this one. Sack or keep? Sack or keep?

Thoughts?