1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Chaos Dwarf start roster, team development and tactics

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Meister P, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
  2. Autarii

Autarii New Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks for that detailed analysis. ;)

3. Autarii

Autarii New Member

Country Flag:
    Would not even be worth keeping him until I get another with sure-hands sorted?

4. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    How many rerolls do you have?

How do your other hobgoblins fare?

How much money do you have to spare?

Does your Hobbo spend his game in a cage or around doing stuff?

If the answers to questions 1 and 3 are plenty, sack.

Else look at trying to keep him caged and skill him again, using him because he is a cheap pick-up reroll.

Then probably sack once your money/reroll situation has bettered, unless he becomes great in the meantime.

5. Autarii

Autarii New Member

Country Flag:
    1) I have 3 re-rolls

2) I have 4 other hobs (2 bulls, 5 dwarves), all rookie with a few spp spread about, and I admit I've been a bit reckless with them. That's how the sure-hand one got injured.

3) I have the money to replace

4) I use more of a screen than a full on X cage, so there is always the chance of him taking an unlucky hit.

He basically got injured because I was giving an underworld team a complete hiding and I got too reckless at the end throwing blocks left right and centre and I foolishly left him in a tackle zone. He actually died, but the apo got him back to -AV.

So, it's all my own fault really. :(

I think I'll probably sack him off.

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Sounds like you should sack him and replace him with a Dwarf Blocker, yea.

7. Autarii

Autarii New Member

Country Flag:
    I've hired a minotaur. Hopefully he's from a good batch that doesn't spend the entire game in the KO box. I haven't been able to try him out yet because I've been ill for a couple of days. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

8. Sionequa

Sionequa New Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah as others have said I'd sack him. 13 is still a fairly low amount and you don't want to accrue more SPP on him when he's such a risk to getting taken out.

As a separate note, good luck with the minotaur. Wild Animal is such a frustrating skill, I swear mine rolls a 1 most of the time I attempt to blitz with him, although he does have the most casualties out of any player in the whole league :p.

9. Autarii

Autarii New Member

Country Flag:
    The problem I have with minos is not the wild animal, it's that they keep getting knocked out and staying out. I have a +STR juggernaut mino on a chaos pact team and he is forever getting knocked out, mostly from both downs when guys take speculative 2d against blocks. I should have taken block over +STR, but what is done is done.

10. Sionequa

Sionequa New Member

Country Flag:
    Well a str 6 minotaur should be racking up the SPP pretty well, try and give him block next time, or just live with juggernaut . I almost always take the stat boost when it comes up on the roll.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012