1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Dwarf Chaos Dwarf team questions

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by The Dude, Apr 4, 2017.

1. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    I started my first Chaos Dwarf team on COL open and it's been doing surprisingly well despite being matched up against some much higher TV sides and under performing on the cas dice. Got a couple level ups last game
    3 rr, 1 apo, 11 ff

2 rookie dwarfs
    1 guard dwarf
    1 guard MB dwarf
    1 claw dwarf
    1 Mb dwarf (level pending normal)
    Block dodge Break tackle bull
    Str 5 Block bull (rolled 6+6)
    2 rookie hobs
    sure hands hob
    wrestle hob
    kick hob

Think I'm ok with dwarf development they'll all get guard/mb/sf except for the claw guy who'll get MBPO if he ever gets passed 7 spp.

The Bull level seems obvious, but since I STILL don't have break tackle, I'm not 100% sure I should take str over Break tackle right away or even dodge? (hes on 39 spp if that makes any difference)

Any advice about future development or playstyle would be appreciated as I have little experience with bash in general.. or throw your own questions/teams in here if you can't be bothered starting your own thread :)

I now know to take Break tackle first on normals for Bull centaurs!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    You already have one very mobile Bull with break tackle and dodge. A ST6 Bull sounds too good to pass up, get break tackle level after or dodge if doubles after.

But I don't really play Chorfs so may be best to wait for someone with more expirence in that regard.

3. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    I think I'll take it tbh just wanted to see.. I know break tackle would be better short term... marked by zombies sucks. Couple other questions..

what to do with the hobs... is it worth taking a DP? I find that I'm focused on the ball to much to foul and when I do its usually lots of assists to protect the ball or a high value target (not that often).. what stadium upgrades (if any) are worth taking.. with no dp I could take the no rock/bribe one because rocks are crap... currently have the no riot/pitch invasion.

4. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    I have very long experience with Chorfs (for what is worth), if you want I can give my advice on their development, though in general can be considered quite straight forward.

In my opinion you need bulls free to make the plays, so I try to develop a hobgob carrier after initially feeding touchdowns to bulls.
    So block sure hands and hope for doubles/stats.
    Personally I take at least 1 DP and go wrestle/tackle on an hobgob safety.

I don’t think you can’t pass ST6, though that heavily slow down the bull development…
    Need a lot of stuff on bulls, BT, block, tackle, guard are my preferred options, dodge anytime during development if I get a double.
    SH bull is possible, but I take that only in TT.

I would point out that guard on blockers is the best skill, but unfortunately might be not the best idea to start with it.
    The reason is simple, you want cpombers and starting with guard first skill will delay their development for a very long time, and rolling a double on a guarder is a bit meh.
    So I usually start with MB on at least some of the blockers and even MB+PO on at least one, if I don’t get doubles.
    Of course in TT you just get guard.

Just my 2c.

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would take DP on a hob. What else are they good for.
    How often do you GFI with the centaurs? If you do it a lot then I would be tempted to reduce the chance of the ST6 one dying on a failed GFI.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Hobbos are fantastic foulers and you should have a dp for sure, you're aiming for enough assists to break armour on 6+. at that point odds favour you and any higher tv piece is a good target.

7. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    Tys Not sure what exactly you mean about the GFIs?? just gfi less?

Jeliel: Makes sense with MB. Guard helps you win games earlier so I guess it depends on priority and a mix is best? I have one claw already, I think I'd be happy with 1 killer and if other guy gets claw then claw/guard/mb is not exactly rubbish anyway?

8. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    Ofc a mix, clearly not ideal to go MB first on all 6, would be madness.
    Guard / Claw is quite bad actually, since it requires a lot of spp for the next level, that's the point of going MB first.

9. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    I always start them out with Block. But having a fair amount of experience as an Undead coach I guess I know some about how to keep them free by working in company. You could train some with Lizardmen to build that skill too. And your skillups do show why - a ST6 BT bull would have been more of a liability than a ST6 Block bull IMO.

For blockers I say the first four or five get guard first, thereafter everyone always gets MB first, barring claws. And with the crappy mobility you don't really mind if they never get PO (except maybe one) so Guard/SF/MB with a smattering of clawed ones is a very good mix. (Else the last skill is usually grab or a stat, maybe a kicker just so you don't have to have a hobo for that)

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    If you GFI a lot then make the ground softer. If you don't then pick a different stadium upgrade.

11. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah I got the elf turf good idea tys, had 3 games since, drew the first one due to a 6+ pass on turn 16, what can you do? Then I bashed some humans who unfortunately conceded early before str 6 bull could score, and I got a dp hob. Last game was a crazy one vs a 11 player 1900 tv norse side with tons of str/ag everywhere but no MB and I took about 7 cas but won 3-1 somehow... so the str6 guy is 49 spp now and only serious injury was my dead sure hands hob. Luckily apo worked on my guard mb dwarf on turn 15 who also died. Happy to get out of that one with just couple MNG on my real players. Damn claw guy still 7 spp been on 7 for about 12 games now haha!

Guess it's time to buy some more hobs as I'm down to 10 players next game and wouldn't mind a bigger bench. 14 players seems about right with a dp?

12. Jeliel

Jeliel Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Jeliel
    Country Flag:
    On bash team I usually go Security Gate, it's a safe option.
    You shouldn't gfi a lot with your bulls anyway, unless you have to... learned it the hard way a long time ago. :D

13. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    So the big centaur rolled 5+5 for next level... haha... dodge i guess and another 20 spp til break tackle!

14. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    security gate worked once so far it cost me a shot at a win when riot came up. :p Teams doing ok thoughm, apothecary hasn't let me down yet! mvps keep going to my dp hob unfortunately!

2 guard dwarves, 2 guard mb dwarves, 1 claw, 1 rookie. blodge str 6 bull and blodge bt bull who's 2 spp from a level (tackle or frenzy?) wrestle tackle hob, wrestle dp, kick , block sure hand and rookie hob. 1720 tv and 16-6-1 so far. last game I only drew 0-0 due to a no reroll greed 3+ hand off but I'll take it. :D

15. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    blodge break tackle bull rolled a double. not sure what's best tackle, frenzy, sidestep or diving tackle? I'm thinking ignore the double and get tackle/frenzy?

guard dwarf with normal, is it time to start getting some SF or stick with MB?

16. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I would ignore the double on the bull and take MB on the dwarf.
    It is a long way between 16 and 31 SPP for an AG2 player without MB.

17. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks Tys. MB sounds good. Not sure what's best for the bull centaur, he's my only reliably dodger so I guess frenzy is the fun/dangerous option, tackle is solid and sure hands isn't bad?

18. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd probably go for Frenzy over tackle as it is nearly as good at taking down dodgers but also better in other situations.
    Personally I am not a fan of sure hands on bulls but it can work.

19. Jav

Jav Active Member

Steam Username:
    Javelin
    Cyanide Username:
    javelin
    Country Flag:
    For CD it seems like the magic dome is nice. Never having to deal with snow is a boon for teams that might be carrying with an AG2 player!

20. The Dude

The Dude Member

Country Flag:
    Not a bad idea 3+ gfi's would be terrible, haven't copped snow yet or I'd have thought about it. ;)

lost a couple lvl 3 blockers with guard MB last game and the claw guy just won't level so some work to do there. Really want to get break tackle on my s6 bull to play around with that. Frenzy has been surftastic so far on the other one :D