1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaos Chaos set up vs Chorfs

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Ahzek, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Ahzek

Ahzek New Member

Country Flag:
    hi guys double chorf games for me for the next weeks. I think I ll go rule of 5 formation if I kick (they both have 2 clawpomb). what about the distance from los? 4 squares to bite a gfi + dauntless blitz or simply 5 squares to avoid the blitz altogether?

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    2 squares back to avoid quick snap hits.
    You sit further back and they don't need to worry about failing the pick up or blitz KO results and can still blitz with a bull anyway.

3. Ahzek

Ahzek New Member

Country Flag:
    I was thinking about a clawpomber blitz really. I am not worried about bulls. If he wants to commit a bull to blitz a CW and let him in the open is fine for me...

4. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    He’ll surely clawpomb on the line to avoid the foul or the block failing leaving him hanging to get blocked back with clawpomb.

I don’t think setting up more than 2 squares back is worth it

TravelScrabble likes this.
  5. JJape

JJape Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    JJape
    Country Flag:
    I would also settle 2 squares back. As Ballz said, he will clawpomb at los to avoid getting isolated with the claw-piece. And if you set too far, chdworves can set up very easy gang-fould without worrying about failed pick-up or blitz.

You should check the Chdworf-bench-depth & foul-tendency (Dirty git competition, if there such). I used to get more CAS in with fouling than blitzin in this matchup, when I played Chdowrves in UKBBL (but I had very few claw pieces, usually only one).

6. Ahzek

Ahzek New Member

Country Flag:
    hi, second chorf game in two weeks incoming. I won first 1 so the playoffs spot is locked but a draw in this last game would mean a bye on round 1 of playoffs. My team came out well of the first chorf but I have lots of mng and so I am 260 down on tv. What are your thoughts about inducements:
    1 extra apo + wizard (this can be useful to stop his score and aim to a draw)
    2 extra apo + merc beastman + babe (to foul his pombers)
    3 2x extra apo + babe (max protection for getting a safe team to the playoffs)

Attached Files:

7. BallztotheWalla

BallztotheWalla Active Member

Country Flag:
    Imo dirty player + bribes protects more against clawpomb than an apo and helps you more with winning than an apo that is not used as a power apo.

8. Ahzek

Ahzek New Member

Country Flag:
    As I said I am not particularly interested in winning the game. Health of team first, try to draw the game second