1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat function?

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Netsmurf, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I've been getting a load of email warnings related to the chatbox, I may end up having to remove it or trying another one if I can't sort it out.

Made a few tweaks based on comments:

doubled the number of stored lines so you can scroll back further
    enabled the fullchat option, so you can click on that and get a chatbox specific page with an even larger buffer
    removed the date (but left the time as I think that is useful)
    added alternate background color between chat lines

I can make the box bigger, not sure making the text smaller will be a good idea, though perhaps using the full chat box page will remove the need for doing either...

2. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Agreed that time is rather useful. Puts a good context to the chatting. (Like, is this a recent comment ;))

3. NodHero

NodHero Member

Country Flag:
    If there were a way to close it or shrink it to one line I'd be okay with it but as is, it's clunky and takes up too much space at the top of the webpage. Maybe if it were under the forums?

4. Coach

Country Flag:
    It should collapse better now, I misread one of the settings last night when I was messing with it.

Let me know if that is any better.

I'd appreciate more feedback from others regarding the location.

5. NodHero

NodHero Member

Country Flag:
    Much better on the collapse now. If it stays like that the position is fine.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  6. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Much better now with the changes you made. I'm happy with its position at the top too.

7. coachman

coachman Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    bjj hero
    Country Flag:
    Looking good coach. There's a great community here and its a credit to the work you put in.

Thank you.

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Just to say that the chat function have already proved its usefulness. Having trouble getting CE to work its nice to be able to chat about it and get the game set up in LE - so thank you once again Coach:D

9. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    crimsonsun
    Country Flag:
    Yeah chat is really helpful for chatting to your opponent while cyanide plays up!

Crimsonsun

10. kvasilad

kvasilad Member

Country Flag:
    I love the chatbox, but I do have one reservation: It boggles the mind to read from the bottom and up.

Would it be possible to reverse the behaviour, so that new lines appeared in the bottom of the box instead of at the top, and the scrollbar auto-focused to the bottom instead? Would bring it more in line with... well... every other chat interface.

11. Coach

Country Flag:
    I prefer it that way as well, though for some reason I thought it would remain scrolled to the top. Not sure why I assumed that but having turned that option on, I see it doesn't...

Should confuse people over the next day or so now!