1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combo Crunch #2 Div A, MD3

Discussion in 'Combo Crunch' started by mamutas, Mar 2, 2018.

1. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  2. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    @RK Blaze
    My team is ready for another beating. Luckily nobody died or got injured last game, so I'll have only 1 loner instead of usual 3.
    How does Monday, 9:00 CST sounds to you? Or other day later same time?

3. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    @TheOneFreeSkeleton

I see you are American so I guess a weekend game would be best.
    I am free from 9am to 9pm UTC on both days apart from another match at 13:00 UTC on Saturday

Also I looked at your profile page and realised I played my 1st BB tourney before you were born. Way to make a guy feel old.
    You will be getting loads of inducements as my TV has gone sky high recently.

4. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Enter Morg N Thorg...

5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Let's hope so.
    Morg would look rather good stood next to my claw troll.

6. RK Blaze

RK Blaze Active Member

Steam Username:
    rkdblaze
    Cyanide Username:
    RK Blaze
    Country Flag:
    I have another game scheduled for monday night, how about Tuesday at that same time?

7. TheOneFreeSkeleton

TheOneFreeSkeleton New Member

Steam Username:
    TheOneFreeSkeleton
    Country Flag:
    @tys123 I can play Saturday at 4pm your time. Maybe the elves can cooperate with me this time

8. Alttarego

Alttarego Member

Steam Username:
    Xianaria
    Country Flag:
  9. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    OK. See you then

10. Scaritus

Scaritus Active Member

Steam Username:
    Scaritus
    Cyanide Username:
    Scaritus
    Country Flag:
    What’s your -GMT bud? Long shot but I’m around 10:00-15:00 GMT Monday? If not could do late GMT that night upto maybe 0:00? If that doesn’t suit I’d consider 06:00 GMT tomorrow, Sunday?

11. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    The elves had 430K in inducements against my chaos team. I was expecting a wizard and Jordell but they went for double babes and a chef.
    The chef did his job and stole both my rerolls 1st have and then 3 the 2nd half. However we both got a reroll on the kick off in each half.

I chose to receive and since the elves only had a jump up dancer and a dodge blitzer to go with a runner , 5 lineelfs and 3 loner lineelf I decided to pick up with my rookie DE blitzer instead of the sure hands , dodge one. That used up my reroll 1st half but I never needed another.
    I knocked players down , the elves stood up and dodged away so I advanced and knocked some more players down. By turn 7 the elves had used up their 4 rerolls and failed a gfi to try and screen me off from the endzone so I just ran in the simple TD. I had only managed 1 injury and a couple of KO's.

2nd half and the babes had done their job so it was 10 elves against my 11. The dancer and blitzer made a move down my right while they picked up the ball so my juggs witch went in for the surf. 2 1D blocks needing pushes or BD's and he would have been off the pitch. Sadly I rolled a pow so the dancer was able to leap away. It didn't matter though as next turn my wrackle witch blitzed the dancer and injured him. By this time the elves had decided to go down my left and a loner failed a gfi and the loner roll leaving my with a shot at the runner. He failed the dump off so I didn't need to reroll the push and my sure hands blitzer ran in and picked up the ball. I scored on turn 13.

On the next drive they again went down my left so I boxed them in and made sure a witch was 14 squares from the endzone at the end of turn 14. A lineelf ran alone towards my endzone trying 2 gfi's to get within 1 square of the endzone. The 2nd one failed so my good DE blitzer picked up and passed to a witch in the middle of my half who handed off to the other witch. The hand off used my only reroll of the half. So the witch was in range of the endzone but a lineelf could dodge next to her and the pro blitzer made 3+ and 2+ dodges to blitz. They chose to wrestle down rather than rerolling hoping for a pow. That meant another elf could try a dodge and 2 gfi's to pick up the ball. They failed the 2nd gfi and the ball scattered kindly so the witch just jumped up , dodged away , picked up the ball and scored.

So 3-0 to the evil chaos machine

It may sound like I was lucky to manage all that with only 1 reroll each half but in reality I made less than 10 non really stupid D6 rolls in the game and had to reroll 2 of them. Also most of my blocks were with block or wrestle and I did turn over on a double both down. He had 2 block and 3 dodge with no tackle. I had a wrackle dodge and 2 blodgers to go with 4 other blockers as well as 1 ST5 and 3 ST4.
    On the other hand the elves made 65 dodges and gfi's so it is unsurprising they ran out of rerolls. It also shows that the chef was a good choice at doing that with 1 reroll would have been even worse. Also a lot of those dodges and gfi's were risky so a failure would have left me a shot at the ballcarrier. The final gfi to get next to the endzone was crazy as even if it had worked it would have meant my witch didn't even need to roll a pow , stumble or both down as 4 pushes would have resulted in a surf. Once I realised that putting my troll next to 3 elves meant they would all try to dodge away rather than moving an assist in , knocking him down and then repositioning I was sticking him and my 3 warriors next to multiple elves wherever possible.

Scaritus likes this.
  12. mamutas

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    That would work too. Tuesday, 9pm CST then it is. See you then!

13. Alttarego

Alttarego Member

Steam Username:
    Xianaria
    Country Flag:
    @Scaritus im -5 gmt and only have class m-th 20 utc to 24 utc. discord me @Alttarego or steam me @ xianaria alttarego anytime