1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Elf Cothique Caretakers - Big Crunch 2

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Ilgoth, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Hurts my soul to write it, but think I can't change it either.

report.JPG
    report2.JPG
    report3.JPG

Knowing I was playing against a good friend, I was expecting this match a lot. I started in defense, and nuffle gave me bonus turn and an amazing kick close to the midline on the right-hand side. I blitzed down the only guy on the ball , and marked the ball landing square with three guys. Bounce took it away so that only one was marking it. Amazons didn't fret, but on their first turn they killed my Guard/Block line elf. They secured the ball, but poorly - only one babe between the ball carrier and my guys. I decided to lightning bolt at this moment, it was too juicy chance to steal (any bounce would have kept the ball free to picking up, excluding the only babe protecting). Lightning bolt failed, and my blitz didnt knock down the only babe in front of him, so ball was able to runaway on the next turn.

Amazons caged as now the wizard was gone. @Sataric 's killer blitzer KO'd my +MA line elf, so I was already two pieces down. It wasn't gonna stop here. I didn't achieve much on my turn, I only tried to re-organize defense and hope for one more chance at the ball. Turn 3 for amazons, my Wrestle catcher Geralth Tormaen died - and apo failed so it was meant to be...? :skull::skull: At this point, I gave up the drive. I ran to the side, and let the amazons run it safely. I did follow them a bit, but it only achieved more blood as prior to them scoring - babes gave my star player Eldril badly hurt. On their T8 they scored, my one turn before half-time got nothing worth mentioning. A novelty pass that ended up to be only SPP that I would carry home (dead guy got the MVP).

My 8 against his 11. Still doable with friendly dice. I kept backing off, and stretching amazons thin in the hopes for some "elf bs". There were couple of moments, especially when I KO'd one babe and made the numbers bit friendly. Sadly I just didn't have means to protect the ball. I think it was my T12 when I sent my catcher up ahead to lure some babes, hoping he would stay up. He didn't, took MNG instead. Not too long, and babes surrounded ball carrier but it was alright - I had way to get free and move up the ball with protection - given my three 2+ dodges with three guys would hold. Didn't, ball carrier failed and ball was free and lost. Sataric killed one more line elf at LoS, caught the ball and decided to give it someone else for possible level up? Unsure. Instead of staying at my endzone, brave linewoman decided to take two GFIs: 2+: 1 // RR // 3, 1 - and died. I had my thrower running up the field but I was unable to move it upwards during the last three turns - no re-rolls and my loner failed his catch. Amazons got the ball, and made the numbers 0-2 on their T16.

I don't remember playing such an uphill match on Big Crunch 2. So much went wrong. Seeing so many die, wizard failing the lightning bolt, my star player getting injured first half. No casualties caused, couple of stuns and two KOs. Oh and I got +10K gold too. :D:D Don't know how to fix this team from this state. I have 6 own guys for next game, 1 being MNG. High Elves with 7 guys on roster with 10K in the bank, and I am supposed to rebuild at tier 3. Watching rest of the games this season, don't know how easy that will be...

I am the league president. This is not part of the contract.

itku-post.png
    In my frustration after the game, I accidentally recruited that focking loner, that's why the treasury is thin. I-am-mad-at-myself.jpg

YM3PmQw.jpg

2. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    That sounds like a rough break. I'm not sure how realistic it is to rebuild a HElf team, at all, from such a deficit. I think HElf, like DElf, are supposed to have some long term development. So players need to survive, get to level 4+, and you get some amazing players that can carry the team, and at that point it doesn't matter so much if you play with 3-4 Loners occasionally. But it'll be tough for the players on your team to carry anything - I'd focus super heavily on development, pass every turn, and try to survive, perhaps then the team can still live on!

3. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    That is a very tough break, up to you if you want to try and rebuild them or maybe start fresh next season.

I have had a terrible start myself in terms of performances with my Kislev, but at least I haven't had too much bad luck with injuries yet (Just a niggle on an unskilled linefrog at the moment)

Certainly would hate to be in your position, if you do keep them going and rebuild you will get lots of respect though!

4. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    These gentlemen said it well.

You've suffered some serious losses, and earning enough money to replace the fallen ones will be tricky, not to mention the SPP that fell away in the process.. However, if you focus very hard on survival and farming SPP, then you have at least 5 more matches of this season to make a potential come-back in time for the next one's start. If the team still looks broken and bruised by the time the S13 Decision Thread comes around, then perhaps re-rolling isn't the worst of ideas, but I sincerely think there is a chance you could recover to an adequate level of strength so that you can compete properly in Tier 3 next season.

Furthermore, I want to apologize once again that this unfortunate outcome had to happen in your match against my sweet and innocent Amazons. Nuffle really had it out for you. I have taken no less than TWELVE deaths (including injuries so bad I had to fire the player) since my team's conception just a few seasons ago myself. This included my best player, Xu the Blitzer, with 63 SPP at the time. I thought about rerolling, as you know. But I was too stubborn, and therefore I managed to recover - Team looks strong now! So it's possible to come back even when things look dreadful, even though it's more difficult with High Elves than with Amazons of course. But I believe in you. I encourage you not to give up! :cool:

5. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Two weeks since the massacre. And two very juicy games regarding team developement.

report2.JPG
    report.JPG

I don't know what to say. I guess this is what they call Nuffle extending arm. In both games my opponents faced unfair dice, and I have been blessed to avoid any injuries. These stats are insane.

Before these two games;
    TD+ was 2 and TD- 5 (TD+- being -3). And now they are 8 and 6 (suddenly +2)

Before these two games;
    casualties were 0 inflicted and 14 suffered. And now? 8 inflicted, 15 suffered.

Will see how long this bubble wrap holds. I know everyone in my division (or in the league) would love to break it.

martybhoy and Sataric like this.
  6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    You deserve some good lucj

7. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    report.JPG

Even game, and no injuries at all.

Started in offense. Kept ball safe, tried to make through. With somewhat bad turn management + double skulls with a loner, my ball protection was half done - so amazons sacked. I managed to get the ball back with my blitzer, but space started to run short. From here on, we kept pushing each other turn after turn with no clear outcome - until one linewoman failed 3+ dodge. With two successful hits I would be free for 2+ hand-off and two GFIs. And yes, I did score on my T8.

Both had KOs on half-time, everyone got back up. Amazons took fast run forward on my flank, which allowed me to squeeze their push on my T9. We fought there a bit, and after @Nooobody frontline got knocked down and ball carrier marked, he went for a switch to the middle (pretty good and successful). Mistake being, ball was open from front. With one single GFI I had 2D-sack, and got the pow. Another GFI for the pick-up, worked out. From here, I safely ran the ball with my thrower for winning numbers 2-0.

Two levels and +60K for treasury, bought my 2nd catcher.
    One lineman is Blodge now. Thinking what should I get with my thrower, who rolled 4+4. So any kind of skill. He has Block, Pass, Nerves of Steel.

8. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Are you planning on 2 throwers. I don't like NoS on an offensive thrower but if he is going to be your ball retriever on D then it makes a bit of sense.
    If so then he wants dodge and sure hands. That leaves room for 1 more skill before a long wait which could be guard to make use of the double.
    However that build means no accurate so you want a 2nd thrower for a decent passing game.
    If you are planning on only 1 thrower then he wants dodge and accurate and I am not sure guard is better than sure hands for the 5th skill.

If he had taken accurate instead of NoS then this would be a great time for strong arm but with this player I think it is a bad idea.

If you took NoS to get dump off later then WHY??? and you don't have room for a double.

9. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I do plan on two thrower roster, thus NoS pick. I was contemplating on Guard pick now, but wondering if I should just take Dodge to build up the basis. Though every bit of Guard is valuable, especially if I will be promoting to tier 2 by the smallish chance.

10. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I'd take the guard but that means that if your next level up is an 11 or 12 he doesn't get sure hands so NoS isn't going to get used much.