1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Elf Cothique Caretakers - Big Crunch 2

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Ilgoth, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Corruption and match fixing!

Ilgoth and Regor like this.
  2. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Ilgothian Betting House has no interest in these non-sensical accusations. Just a good night for the house.

3. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    report2.JPG

That's the situation after MD2. Small breakway for Chaos Dwarves, but I am sure someone from top 5 will rush to catch him in MD3. I personally will take on Znarx, and his wood elves who surprisingly are 0-1-1 - for me they were one of the favourites for quaranteed promotion.

Regor likes this.
  4. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    report.JPG
    Watch the game at: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/316231733

So the only elf ball game of the season, and I lost. :( Not too far from keeping it as a draw though!

My petty cash was 820k... my inducements were; a wizard, Zara the Slayer, 2x bribes and 2x loners (had 4 in total). Reasoning was quite simple, he had so much blodge and I had no tackle. So whenever someone was down, fouling was the option to get the removals.

I started in offense, and wow it was horrible. My hitting was at the low-end of it, didn't do much and I failed to optimize Stab. Once I moved the ball up, woodies piled on me and greated such chaos around the ball that it was a huge mess. Basically we had 5x5 area full of players, and none of them too close to a friendly (from my perspective). Ball went down, woodies took it - I responded with a sack, so did they. But then they scored on me. :( No removals at this stage. So lets try it again. This time I had better luck with hitting, and did get some pows. I also recall Stab creating KO'd leaper... Took the ball to the left, who was Strip Ball hit around T6. I had two scoring threats by this point, not that it would matter. I got the ball up, badly protected - and me being greedy I still wanted to have 3-assist foul on a wardancer. Sadly my loner threw 1 on the dodge, and I figured I would keep my last RR for T8 (scoring would have needed higher rolls). But Woodies put that AG5 in use, took the ball once more, delivered it to their own scoring threat and he ran it - I was losing 0-2 by halftime, and it was their half coming up.

Blitz happened, and I was given a chance to fight! Made a gap and ran it to their side. Woodies made a very spacey screening around the ball, which allowed me to use lightning bolt on the ball carrier who got KO'd by it. Then blitzed the front corner away, my catcher went for the pick-up and passed it to another catcher - who made both GFIs needed to score. Game was 1-2. It was time to defend again, but now no wizard. Woodies took more caution this time, and made proper cages - knowing I would have hard time getting through. After two turns they caged up on the LOS, and this gave me a chance to storm it from two sides while Zara the Slayer was blitzing the corner open. Woodies had guys marked, and mostly 3+ dodges to be made. They hit Zara down, and ball carrier got himself out of trouble to pass for a line elf, who didn't get it. Here I heavily marked that area, hoping to keep them from scoring. All the three woodies at this point were surrounded, and ball was marked by three of my guys - but AG5 wardancer didn't care. He blitzed, he took it and scored. Game 1-3, and I had four turns left. Smell of defeat I say.

The end of the game was less eventful, I got the ball moving and on my T15 made 3+ pass for 3+ catch. It also meant a level up on rookie catcher who scored the final number 2-3.

report3.JPG

I still think it went better than expected. The rate of armor breaks was good, but that is mostly due to Zara and fouling. So I guess the inducements were correct, just didn't get it on the field.

No injuries, and my catcher rolling a double I think I get my 2nd guard on the team. So for MD4 team is 100% in use, which is good as that necromantic team I face next won't be easy. Our division table after three weeks.

report2.JPG

Orielensis likes this.
  5. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    Of course you take the guard. You only pick something else if the player already has guard.

6. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    bbt.JPG
    Watch the whole game here

Necromantics induced one babe for the match.

I started in offense, and to my surprise I got few removals right off the bat - making first half very rare occasion for my high elves. Guard zombie KO'd, and another niggled. I kept the ball deep and safe after acquiring novelty pass (and a level) on my rookie thrower. On top of that, only real event of my drive as injuring that +AG wolf, but regen at play. :rolleyes: I scored T8, and did it with line elf who also leveled up.

Necromantics got their KO'd zombie back who cas'd my only loner away - making the numbers even before half-time.

My defense started well, didn't lose anyone on opponent's T9 and his wolf snake eye'd pick up. Couldn't go too deep, and I had to help out my +MA Blodge line-elf, who was close to getting boxed. Necromantics took the ball far to the right, where I had 1D sack chance with a catcher. Didn't go for it, as pow was needed and had no one for ball snatching. Figured to take it easy instead, form better defense on my side of the pitch. Worked out well, as on the following turn I stormed the cage from both sides and managed to get cage corner down. Here necromantics had no room to run, so they were happy to play hitting game. At the end of their turn, frenzy on the wolf caused 1D and it was a skull, so back corner was now open. My wrestle line elf went in for a sack, but only a push. Otherwise I was cursing my defense to be crumbled, so dodged away with frontline. Here my rookie catcher was cas'd into mng, and wrestle lino pushed towards the side - now one space away from being surfed. After doing safe moves first, I took two red-die sack with him and got it as well - followed with 4+ dodge 4+ pick up, then 3+ 2+ dodges with one GFI - to pass it along with 3+ 2+. Succeeded, but sadly I was unable to form protection. A wight attempted sacking, but failed - my catcher still standing for my turn. Sadly 3+ 2+ dodges to score were too much, and he got niggle after breaking armor there. :( From here, necromantics had pretty possible touchdown with only GFIs to roll on T16 - and they made it.

Good 1-1 game, thanks for playing @Darth Hidious

My offensive thrower got Accurate, and my Wrestle line elf rolled 5+5 on the level up. Thinking it through.

bbt2.JPG

martybhoy and Sataric like this.
  7. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Status over my division after all MD4 games have been played.

report2.JPG

Proud to be the 2nd most scoring so far, so I guess my high elves are doing at least average job. Although I could have more points at the moment without couple of mistakes in games...

Three out of five remaining opponents are behind me in points, so if I want to achieve the goal of staying in Reikland, I need to perform in these important games.

edit// team roster up-to-date in the 1st post

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  8. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    report.JPG
    Watch the game on my Twitch

Had an interesting fight with @YsengrinSC who was my favourite rival for my humans, and I feel that should be the case for this team as well. :) Before the game noticed he missed a gutter, and he used his inducements for merc one to have all four of them. After winning the toss, he gave me the offensive.

I started the offensive somewhat carefully, as the AG5 gutter was a threat I kept watching all the time. Normal hitting and blitzed niggle'd Stormvermin who I hoped to remove through the course of the match. After first two turns, I caged up close to line of scrimmage (LOS) as two of my guys got stunned at the same time. From now on, my offense was a struggle as for few turns in a row - that AG5 gutter went cage diving, getting the ball loose once. Managed to recover it, but by T5 my ball was just two spaces from LOS. On my turn 7 I took his right flank, and had to do very open ball protection on my six. The AG5 gutter jumped on me once again, getting ball loose on the ground - this time it was marked by three gutters. I had giant trouble getting it back, and sadly I didn't as failed the 3+ pick-up after pushing the ball away with a block. Rats were better at it, and they scored;
    # Gutter 2+ dodge for 4+ pick-up
    # He 3+ hand-offs to a thrower that was freed before
    # Thrower passes with 2+ to a marked Stormvermin and caughts the ball with 4+.
    # 3+ dodge and two GFIs to score.

Half-time, both had one dead player so 10 .vs. 10 defensive drive. Rats got the ball moving and did novelties, I breached the line instantly to pressure them into action. They went for my right sideline, with decent ball protection but they had their front open. Thanks to MA8 catchers, I was able to reach and go for 2D sack right after. :bothdown::bothdown: -result meant rat with the ball wrestling us down, ball free and mayhem begins. I marked ball with two players, but knew it was slim. Rats removed one mark, and went for pick-up with loner gutter (success), who dodged away. He could have scored, but instead went back couple of space - behind a line of other rats. I went for all out smacking on that line, hoping to surround the ball but before doing a 3rd 2D block I snake eye'd a dodge. Being frustrated, and knowing now rats can run to other flank where I didnt have presence, I got given a second chance as loner gutter failed his dodge. Hit couple of rats, got the ball and took to very shady safety towards my end of the field - he got blitzed but :pushback::skull: //RR// :pushback::pushback: was my guardian angel. Now it got bloody, and I managed to surf two gutters while KO'ing a linerat on that mayhem spot. Also moved the ball to the middle of the field, and seemed I was gonna get away. By T15 catcher with the ball got 1D'd down, but I got the ball back up and scored to finish the game 1-1. I like to think it was an entertaining game.

report3.JPG

No level-ups, no injuries and went home with 1 point for my season. Very good result given I'm hoping to stay in Tier 2.

Our division after all MD5 games played.

report2.JPG

TravelScrabble, Orielensis and Regor like this.
  9. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    bbt.JPG
    Watch the whole game in my Twitch

A big game for me, for sure will remember it for a while! I got 110K in petty cash, and added 40K from my bank to get the wizard.

Started in offense, and goal was to do some novelties to grind a level up on my catcher. I did grind one before getting a feeling of danger, as those bulls came to my flanks. :rolleyes: I took major risk with basing my players against the blocker line, but I did get more hits than I gave. Sadly this resulted in one of players getting boxed, badly too. After four turns of blocking, one bull ran and marked my catcher who had kept the ball safe by being deep in my end. Here I dodged away, and made 2+ 2+ pass-catch move to a blitzer, who then entered opposing side of the field. With three guys screening, and break tackle bull faraway - he was safe from a sack. Chaos dwarves failed to threathen him, but they pressured enough to make me score on my T6 - allowing them to have three turns to try and get even.

Chorfs and their ST4 Blodge Hobo got the ball up instantly, moving fastly to set up behind LoS. With the way they hit my line elf, I saw I could mark the ball carrier with 3+ 2+ dodging. Before doing so successfully, I blitzed on my right flank and focused on keeping players available to reach all possible moves they do. On their turn, they worked and positioned to take my left flank but sadly the ball carrier failed 3+ dodge with skill RR, so this meant I kept my defense clean without using a wizard!

After half-time, blitz took place! I managed to make a gap, and have four of my guys through the opposing line. They blitzed down one of them on the left, and the ball carrier was protected by two. I used the lightning bolt, ball carrier getting KO'd and ball marked by one bull. By blitzing down that bull, getting ball up and passing to a catcher meant a sudden 2-0 lead after T9.

I knew I had no need to risk too much by defending, so I didn't base at all. Kept screen for two turns and then side stepped and allowed my opponent to score on T12. 2-1

Here I could have played a keep away with the ball, but I found that too hard with the players I had available. I decided to try and get fast touchdown. Opened the sideline on the right two have two pieces as scoring threat while I had ball deep. Sadly ST4 Blodge Hobo had means to reach and sack with both down result. Felt nervous here, but my thrower had a chance to do 3+ 2+ completion if only receiving blitzer was blitzed free. And that worked out! Blitzer ran for it with potato, although most chorf players marked close by. They sacked and surrounded the ball, even got it up on their T15. Here I made a mistake - just by marking one bull and blitzing down hobo I would have secured the win (well with good odds), but I didnt realise they had one turn remaining so I went for a sack... Failed. But so did their 4+ hand-off to the bull, meaning I won 2-1.

GG @BallztotheWalla

bbt2.JPG

No injuries, and a level up with good amount of SPP overall for the team. Real happy! Thought this was the most certain loss for the season but turned out to be a win. :D:D I was lucky with the dice.

Catcher got Mighty Blow. :)

Orielensis likes this.
  10. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Blitz plus wiz is powerful, but we'll played Ilgoth. Only thing to consider is at 2-0 up you probably wanted to spend as long on defense as possible as its easier to control who they can blitz when you're on defense than when you need to protect the ball.

11. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Yeah I agree. I found myself thinking more about team health after those two stuns and fouls raining in. Made game harder for sure.

12. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Division standings after MD6. My goal to stay in T2 looks very good at this point.

bbt3.JPG

Orielensis and Regor like this.
  13. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Staying in tier 2? With a push you can still make it to Altdwarf!

14. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Hold down your horses now! :D:D

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  15. Veggente85

Veggente85 Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    VeggenteBBT
    Cyanide Username:
    Veggente
    Country Flag:
    At this point, anything less than Altdwarf would be a failure! No pressure!

16. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    report.JPG
    WATCH FULL GAME AT MY TWITCH

@Frankolino induced Helmut and a bribe, won the toss and chose to receive.

Game started with a nice blitz event for me. Successful smack on the left flank meant I could try catching the ball - and I did but that left ball open for hits. Luckily not even frenzy sack was able to knock him down. :rolleyes: I decided to try, and play time with the ball so my first few turns were full effort on taking ball back to my side. During this my Wrestle-Tackle line-elf killed the norse thrower. I played keep away, tried to limit blocks given while I had blitzer and catcher running on his side (scoring threats). My catcher was fouled to death by helmut, but my apo saved him. :p This made me score, to force helmut ejection. What you call elf bs, I call art. 1-0 for me.

Norse used to bribe to keep helmut - except referee didnt have it. He was a highborn like we elves, and understood filthy play. Norse managed their three turn drive well, I had 2D sack attempt with RR used but didnt get it. With successful blitz on my blodge blitzer, norse opened the path and scored.

I had my T8 one-turn attempt that failed with unable to get the 2nd chainpush, so I did a simple novelty with my rookie catcher.

I knew I had to play slow offensive drive with my own half, or otherwise it is a draw. First focus was to make second novelty with same catcher for the level up (succeeded). I tried to keep calm, have ball safe and win the bash war. Did decent job with that, but Ance Doalain got into a mayhem - stand up --> get hit. That was the trend for four turns. Then I saw an opening on norse line. Blitzed an ulf down, then took ball through and screened. Ball safe, and only dicey way to hit it. Norse blitzed and marked my front, but I managed to cause mayhem here; my blitzer killed a berzerker and with aid from my ball carrier - other blitzer surfed a norse lino. Getting numbers, and ball safe - I was getting confident. Here Frankolino surprised me with a chainpush play and had 2RD sack attempt, no luck. From here I took the ball close to his endzone, and managed to play time with some tears and trembling. 2-1 win for me.

report3.JPG

Two level-ups, both ended up getting +MA. This means I have MA8 blodge line elf, and MA9 catcher. :):) Still lacking core skills, but I like speed, what can I say??

Standings after full seven weeks.

report2.JPG

Cant believe I am up there.

Frankolino likes this.
  17. Frankolino

Frankolino Active Member

Steam Username:
    Frankolino
    Cyanide Username:
    frankolino
    Country Flag:
    GG @Ilgoth. It is a shame I've lost my killer zerker. And for more that I put my thrower in the line wishing him to die (who the hell has a level 6 Norse thrower), he was one of the two original players in the team, so I had to take a beer in his honour (a Duvel Golden, for those who care). Now the team is made of a great Runner, a couple of block Ulfs, a rookie Zerker and many linos (of which half are loners!). Great news for @Darth Hidious and the coach I will face in my last match. But hey, I will hold my decision on retiring the team. With an almost certain demotion next season I may be able to finally rebuild it and keep having fun (yes, despite all the losses and players lost I keep enjoying playing Norse). Cheers!

TravelScrabble, Ilgoth and helGn like this.
  18. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Courier Staff

Steam Username:
    Ilgoth
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    report.JPG
    Watch the game at my Twitch

Quite frankly dont remember much about this game.

Khemri started in offense, and got the ball moving on first attempt. Quite frankly I had no real chance at ball during most of the half, I was happy enough to screen in front and try to hit back. Khemri pushed me around for six turns, where after their cage was first time looser - only three guys protecting ball and one marked by my thrower. With one 2RD hit, with RR used, I opened the cage for 1D sack which resulted in natural :pow:. I also got the ball up and dodged+GFI'd my way away. Sadly Khemri sacked him down, and got the ball up once again to score on their T7.

I had two-turn attempt. But by having it I don't mean it was real chance at scoring. I think it was one of my worst moments with this team, my play didn't make any sense. So we went along to half-time with 0-1 to Khemri.

It was my half, and to my luck I got good amount of KO'd players back for this half. Sadly my line didn't hold long, but khemri kept removing my guys one by one. At turn 12, I sat deep in my side with ball protected and all my 6 guys marked. Here I blitzed right side open to make a run for it. I got far enough to avoid ball getting sacked, but all three got marked heavily. I needed some 2+ dodges and a GFI to take ball to his right sideline, just next to the edge of the pitch. Lucky me khemri blitzed that open, and marked my front and back. Only realistic move was to transform into Veggente. 1D blitz, then 3+ 3+ 2+ dodging for score with a RR. And it succeeded. :rolleyes::rolleyes::p 1-1.

Remaining couple of turns had Khemri trying to form two-turner but just unable to get ball up.

report3.JPG

I suffered two -AV perms, one being on my Wrestle/Tackle line-elf. But still healthy and ready to go into MD9 where I face some bloodlusted dwarves. Standings after full eight weeks of our season:

report2.JPG

To my understanding, with a win I secure a spot in Altdwarf. Same applies to @Zombane (this is due to Larkstar not continueing to next season).

If I 1-1 draw against the dwarves, I will go to Altdwarf if one of the two holds true:
    # Deithwen doesn't win (because if he does, touchdown difference puts him ahead of me)
    # Znarx loses against Larkstar, or draws with no touchdowns made.

Darth Hidious can technically pass me if he scores insane amount of touchdowns and wins.

Last game of the season takes place November 6th, Tuesday 2000UTC.

TravelScrabble likes this.
  19. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Exciting finish in Reikland

Zombane and Ilgoth like this.
  20. Zombane

Zombane Active Member

Steam Username:
    "Humble" Rob
    Cyanide Username:
    Zombane
    Country Flag:
    With 4 losses I'm amazed I can make Altdwarf. It'd be an added bonus if I'm also crushing @Ilgoth 's dream as I do it :p