1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Catastrophic Cathay [Fluff S20]

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Sataric, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Sataric

Sataric Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Welcome to the 20th season of the Big Crunch 2!

For this season, the following coaches are being summoned to the Cathay division:
    @TomSchnizz - Le Bread Masqué in-game - Coaching Deaths And Touchdowns - Skaven.
    @Hauntmachine - Dean Dingus in-game - Coaching Big Doctors - Nurgle.
    @Doc.Lemming - Boshka in-game - Coaching Pus Packers...Local 666 - Nurgle.
    @Brody - Salvein in-game - Coaching Seattle's Untreated - Bretonnians.
    @BirdManDarkWing -Coaching Black&Gold - Chaos.
    @DireSickFish - Coaching Black Bulls - Chaos.
    @SmileyFaceEx - Coaching Wild Trackers - Amazons.
    @Lordvolk - Coaching MARIBOR BUTCHERS - Chaos.
    @wheelchairguy - Coaching Snotling Bullies - Goblins.
    @Hubster - Coaching Inescapable Isotopes - Chaos Dwarfs.

A nice combination of old established coaches (on brand new teams, of course!) and some fresh blood to the league. :cool:

Your objective right now is to request a ticket for your new teams in-game. Please do this as quickly as you can because otherwise you risk losing your spot in the league for this season - We want to get things moving quickly. :D I will monitor the ticket status carefully and also update you all on how it's looking here in the thread a couple of times per day. Thanks, and welcome to Cathay! (Or Cathey, depending on who you ask.. :p )

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Let's take a look at the teams before Nuffle decides to kill half your players!

Black&Gold - Chaos team coached by BirdManDarkWing.
    Standard four Chaos Warriors, seven Beastmen, three Rerolls. Probably the best line-up to start with as the Chaos oftentimes need those rerolls early when their players lack core skills.

Wild Trackers - Amazon team coached by SmileyFaceEx.
    Amazons get a solid start with such cheap players. Here we see 12 rostered players AND the Apothecary already hired before the first match has kicked off, and they still have three Rerolls. They opted to hire every Blitzer possible, and one of each Thrower and Catcher positional.

Snotling Bullies - Goblin team coached by Wheelchairguy.
    These Goblins aren't holding back! 14 Rostered players, an Apothecary, and three Rerolls. Every positional possible is hired. They won't have much money left for bribes, which could be a problem for them, but they have enough spare Goblins to not have to field their secret weapons all at once which gives them flexibility.

Black Bulls - Chaos team coached by DireSickFish.
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a minotaur! :D Lovely stuff! The big guy may have a bit of an anger problem, but he's incredibly powerful when he does what he's told. The team also brings three Chaos Warriors, seven Goats, and two Rerolls. Certainly not the safest route to choose for starting out with Chaos, but definitely one of the more amusing ones!

Deaths And Touchdowns - Skaven team coached by TomSchnizz.
    The classico rat line-up in action. All Gutter Runners, both Storm Vermin, and you leave the Ogre out of the equation. This leaves enough cash to grab three Rerolls and the Apothecary as well. They are the quickest team in this division by far and stopping them from scoring will be a real challenge!

Inescapable Isotopes - Chaos Dwarf team coached by Hubster.
    They're short. They're bearded. They're ugly. But most importantly, they are strong as heck and they bring Tackle to deal with the Amazons and the Rats alike. Starting with both Bulls, all six Dwarfs, and three Hobo's - The golden standard! On top of this they have two Re-Rolls. They actually have money in the bank to hire the Apothecary or another Hobo before the first kick-off, but maybe this is a strategic attempt to get some inducements going during their first match..? Tricksy!

Big Doctors - Nurgle team coached by Hauntmachine.
    The "In it for the long haul" start to a Nurgle team, starting with the Beast and all four Nurgle Warriors. This only leaves enough cash for a single Pestigor which usually has to be on ball-duty for the first few games, and of course five rotters. I like this start because it focuses on what Nurgle does best, which is being gross and difficult to bash down!

Pus Packers...Local 666 - Nurgle team coached by Doc.Lemming.
    Here we see the complete opposite approach to the Nurgle start! We've got all four Pestigors hired right out of the gate, which gives the team much better ball-handling opportunities and Blitzing speed, but at the cost of only having the cash for the Beast and two of the four possible Warriors. In a division with so many bashy opponents, this actually makes them slightly faster than the average of the division despite being rotten and stinking of being long past their expiration date. Will be interesting to see how they hold up!

MARIBOR BUTCHERS - Chaos team coached by LordVolk.
    Another Minotaur is brought in to show the smaller players how real punches are meant to be delivered! Fantastic. Similar to the Black Bulls above, this leaves them with three Warriors, seven Goats, and two Rerolls. Let us hope the big guy will be the key to this team's success, rather than their downfall!

Seattle's Untreated - Bretonnian team coached by Brody.
    Four Blitzers, two Blockers, and five linemen peasants. The Blitzers are very expensive for the Bretonnian line-up, but in a division against so much bash-and-smash opponents I think they will be well worth their value, since they bring Dauntless to the table and are often quick to earn Blodge. This starting set-up also leaves them enough money to grab three Rerolls which I think is clever as it allows for slightly more risks to be taken.

That is all for the team Analysis!

Now for the predicted final standing for this season! But please keep in mind that these are just guesses at best, and that my accuracy for these predictions tend to be "meh" at best. Also, if I rate you far down upon the list, it's a good opportunity for you to prove me wrong! :p

1. TomSchnizz - His rats are fast and everyone else is slow. What more do you need!?
    2. SmileyFaceEx - Amazons are strong as heck out of the box and only the Chaos Dwarf opponent bring any Tackle.
    3. Brody - I think the defensive abilities of the Brets, as well as the cheap fouling pieces, will do nicely in this division!
    4. DireSickFish - Chaos aren't usually that great on their first season, but this sickly fish has heaps of Blood Bowl experience. I think he'll do really well.
    5. Hauntmachine - How can they lose when everyone's too disgusted to touch them, hmm!?
    6. Hubster - I'd normally rate these little shorties higher up on the list to be honest, but there's a lot of teams in this division that have cheap players to lock down their dwarfs with.
    7. Doc.Lemming - Speedy Nurgle!? I kind of like the sound of that!
    8. LordVolk - Perhaps the dark horse of this division! If the Minotaur behaves they can go really far. If he doesn't, they will likely struggle.
    9. BirdManDarkWing - Early game Chaos is quite difficult to play and this division looks harsher than usual. They will definitely be stronger towards the later half of the season!
    10. Wheelchairguy - I mean, they're Goblins. Are they hear to win or are they just looking to blow you up and saw you in half? :p
    Thank you for reading! Please have a great season in Cathay!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. SmileyFaceEx

SmileyFaceEx New Member

Steam Username:
    SmileyFaceEx
    Country Flag:
    I am currently away for work until Friday and will submit one as soon as I'm back. (Wednesday when posting this)

Incase it helps
    Coach name: SmileyFaceEx
    Team name: Wild Trackers
    Race: Amazons

4. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    It most certainly does. You have a ticket pending, waiting for you when you get back. Stay safe out there, mate. :cool:

SmileyFaceEx likes this.
  5. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    I figure with the plague keeping me inside for months on end it's time to add another league to my schedule.

Sataric likes this.
  6. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    TICKET STATUS UPDATE:

@TomSchnizz - Accepted.
    @DireSickFish - Accepted.

@SmileyFaceEx - Invited.
    @Hauntmachine - Invited.

@BirdManDarkWing - Missing.
    @Lordvolk - Missing.
    @Brody - Missing.
    @Scrutch - Missing.
    @Jakv1 - Missing.
    @wheelchairguy - Missing.

Please try to get your tickets requested soon, or PM me your team name here on the forums and I'll make sure you get one sent ASAP.
    Failure to do this will result in losing your spot. I will start to look for replacement coaches before the end of the week.
    Thank you for understanding!

7. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    TomSchnizz likes this.
  8. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    With Doc.Lemming being quick on the trigger to request his ticket, we are now missing three coaches for kick-off. :D We're getting there!
    League is set to launch on Tuesday evening at the latest, though if we can get everyone in ahead of schedule you have some extra time for your first match.

9. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    YET ANOTHER UPDATE:

We now have 8 teams in - 1 with a ticket pending - and 1 missing.
    Half of you having different coach names in-game compared to here on the forums is giving me a headache though. :p
    But let's see if I've got this right! Please correct any possible mistakes, gentlemen.

Accepted:
    @TomSchnizz - Le Bread Masqué in-game.
    @Hauntmachine - Dean Dingus in-game.
    @Doc.Lemming - Boshka in-game.
    @Brody - Salvein in-game.
    @BirdManDarkWing
    @DireSickFish
    @SmileyFaceEx
    @Lordvolk

Invited with ticket pending:
    @wheelchairguy

Still missing:
    @Jakv1

10. Hubster

Hubster New Member

Steam Username:
    Hubster
    Country Flag:
    Just wanted to say Hi , brand new to the league and looking forward to it :):cool:

11. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    We have replaced Jakv1 with @Hubster - Welcome to Cathay! Glad to have you with us.

Once @wheelchairguy accepts his ticket we can begin the season!

12. Hubster

Hubster New Member

Steam Username:
    Hubster
    Country Flag:
    So I am new , that being very relative in BB. Been playing about 8-9 months and never played TT. So still learning but getting there

13. Brody

Brody Active Member

Country Flag:
    I can't believe we are on season 20... have I really been gone that long? I last played in S7..

14. Hauntmachine

Hauntmachine Active Member

Country Flag:
    2 Nurgle 3 chaos 1 chorfs eh? What a foul division we are ;)

15. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Cathay has just launched! Thread will be up in about 10 minutes. :cool:

16. Sataric

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    Team Analysis and Predictions are now up in the second post of the thread!

17. DireSickFish

DireSickFish Active Member

Steam Username:
    SickFish
    Cyanide Username:
    DireSickFish
    Country Flag:
    A bashy div. Going to be some games that live and die on 1/9s. And then we have Rats who will have a higher TD differential than the next two highest teams put together have TDs.