Skills:
Dodge
Catch
Right Stuff
Leap
Secret Weapon
Loner

Cost: 110k

Added in secret weapon to make him less amazing, since a MV8 Right stuff player would be crazy good, even if he isn't stunty. Thought that 1)humans could use the help, since they're supposedly all about being able to adopt any playstyle to adapt to opponents and 2)if any non-stunty would get right stuff, i picture it being the human catcher

Mr. Ghoti

Veteran
Country Flag
I made a list of star players when designing my Temple Skinks team, let me pull them up.

P1040645-525x328.jpg

Goji'ra
Kroxigor 6 6 1 9 skills: block, stand firm, break tackle, multiple block, loner, bonehead, mighty blow, prehensile tail, thick skull 310k

Optimized-Capture+_2019-02-05-06-50-12.jpg

Yukon Tsimi
Chameleon 8 3 3 7 skills: diving tackle, tackle, sidestep, guard, loner, prehensile tail, shadowing, dodge, stunty 190k

99810208028_SlannStarMaster04.jpg

Ho'wieh Anklbyta
Raptor 8 2 3 7 skills: wrestle, tackle, strip ball, juggernaut, loner, dodge, stunty, titchy, Dauntless, frenzy, sidestep, no hands 210k

Lizardmen_Character_-_Tehenhauin,_Prophet_of_Sotek.jpg

Xiklit
Adept of Sotek 8 3 3 8 skills: block, multiple block, stand firm, secret weapon, dodge, stunty, stab, fan favorite, leader 220k

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Those are way too good / too cheap.

If you get rid of guard and prehensile tail and + ST from Yukon the price may be about right.
A merc skink is 90K so add 3 normal and a double to that and a 10K bonus for the skills working together makes 190K

Ho'wieh is even worse. 6 doubles , 1 normal , titchy and no hands for 120K more than a merc skink is crazy. With all those skills it should be over 300K. Just Wrestle , Dauntless and Strip Ball for 210K might be alright but since it gives something not available to a normal lizard team even that may be overpowered.

Goji'ra needs to lose block. The only big guys with block are Deeproot who is only used by flings and Morg who is 430K. Without block the price is about right.

Xiklit is harder to cost due to the secret weapon but may be about right.

Mr. Ghoti

Veteran
Country Flag
You're right, i didn't factor in the doubles or the merc price hike, but these were modeled after altered skinks from a custom team. Howie and Yukon come from specialty skinks with General skill access.

Though I will remove block from the krox, that sounds fair

JaneHuskmann

Rookie
Steam Username
loyaltheorist42
Country Flag
I've made a spreadsheet of most of the Star Players hereon (can't do Medusa due to a broken link), the LRB 6 Star Players, & even had a crack at making some of my own Star Players. I could post a link to it later, but... you know.

JaneHuskmann

Rookie
Steam Username
loyaltheorist42
Country Flag
For example, I've made 3 different flavors of Cultist-chan, all worth 290K monies.
Cultist-chan C (Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos Pact, Underworld): 6 MA, 3 ST, 2 AG, 8 AV; Block, Dodge (Blodge), Dauntless, the Claw-POMB combo (Claw, Piling On, Mighty Blow), Regeneration, Sure Feet.
Cultist-chan K (Khorne): 6 MA, 3 ST, 2 AG, 9 AV; Blodge, Claws, Dauntless, Frenzy, Regeneration, Sure Feet (yes, all my Cultist-chan flavors have Sure Feet to let her re-roll her GFI rolls; she also all has Regeneration as she's favoured by the Chaos Gods).
Cultist-chan N (Nurgle): 5 MA, 4 ST, 2 AG, 8 AV; Blodge, Claws, Dauntless, Foul Appearance, Regeneration, Sure Feet, Nurgle's Rot.

Each one is built around a theme: C was built around Claw-POMB, K was built around Frenzy & battle, & N was built around Nurgle.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would say dodge needs removing from all 3 of those players ( or block if you prefer ).
The only elf star player with blodge is Freshbreeze and he is based on a Wardancer who starts with it and elves can get blodge on normal rolls.
Count Luther had dodge replaced with sidestep as blodge was decided to be too good.

Look at the star players with blodge

Griff Oberwald ( Iconic player )
Hemlock ( Stunty )
Jordell Freshbreze ( Wardancer )
Nobbla Blackwort ( Stunty )
Puggy Baconbreath ( Stunty )
Zara the Slayer ( Zon Blitzer )

So Oberwald is the only one that isn't stunty or has it as base skills and he is a special case as he and Morg are a large part of the Blood Bowl history.

Most star players have a unusual skill choice in there rather than the standard power ones so I think Claw POMB also needs removing.
PO without MB is fine. Claw , Piling On , Diving Tackle ( or Tentacles ) would be my choice.

No star player should have the optimal build for that player type. Who would take fend over tackle for Oberwald or Diving Catch on Freshbreeze , Leap over dodge on Heartripper , Dirty Player over just about anything on Rakarth and Borak.

Last edited:

JaneHuskmann

Rookie
Steam Username
loyaltheorist42
Country Flag
Then I'll remove Blodge from them all, lowering their cost to 210K monies each.
(I know that it's actually gold pieces, but I'm reminded of a meme related to butter.)