1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch Cup 16 Division 3 Cantina - Braggadocio and Bluster

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Znarx, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Here's your place to describe in great detail how you're going to dismantle your opponents.

Here are the season's predictions:

First place:
    Happy Christmas, jounisii (Underworld)
    Noteworthy player: Sweater Knitted by Grandma (AG 4 Underworld Goblin)

The first of two Underworld teams in the division, Happy Christmas is headed by veteran coach jounisii. Both Blitzers are already well on their way to being killers, and a Goblin with AG 4 will make scoring relatively easy. With few teams built to punish stunties in this division, the Underworld teams should both do well.

Second place:
    Criminal Underworld, jrpeart (Underworld)
    Noteworthy player: Knerutch (AG 4, MA 8 Skaven Thrower)

The Criminal Underworld should also be strong contenders in this division. Thrower Knerutch could very well be the scoring champion for the division, if he's not throwing scoring passes to other players. Again, with the relative lack of block and tackle in the division, Underworld teams should have an opportunity to shine.

Third place:
    Lady death rises, Netsmurf (Dark Elf)
    Noteworthy player: The Prophet (Runner)

Netsmurf's emo band should do pretty well. The Prophet is the best developed player on the team, but all four Blitzers already have dodge, so they will be incredibly difficult to bring down. Initially, they may be somewhat limited with only a single Witch Elf and no Assassins in early matches. At the same time, their relatively low TV should give them some inducements in early games to make up for a lack of development and players.

Fourth place:
    Categories, .marXman./Tjorne (Chaos)
    Noteworthy player: Subsistence (MV 7, AG 4 Beastman)

Chaos teams generally struggle at lower TV, since they start with minimal basic skills. This team is just starting to turn the corner, and it may very well be a powerhouse by the time the playoffs roll around. Subsistence has the potential to be a scoring machine as well as a great safety on defense.

Fifth place:
    Gobbos Union, Drakandm24 (Orc)
    Noteworthy player: Mugsnatch (Troll)

This Goblin-heavy Orc team could have trouble in this division. Most of the players who aren't Goblins have Block, but the lack of Tackle could make things difficult in this Dodge-heavy division. With that many Goblins, there should be many opportunities for 1-turn touchdown shenanigans.

Sixth place:
    Green Luke's Pig Heads, Majimbauro (Halfling)
    Noteworthy player: Green Luke (MV3 Treeman)

Without doubt, the Pig Heads were the Cinderella team of Crunch Cup 15. They made the playoffs as a wild card, and even managed to win their first round match before losing in the semifinals. They should be picking up significant inducements in each match, but even that may not be enough to get them in the playoffs.

Good luck everybody! Now go out and prove these predictions wrong.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    Well im against majimbauro's flings..... nuff said :p
    Edit: I should look at the tv value before bragging:D
    Deeproot and a chef means things will be ' eductional ' at least;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  3. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Yeah, Green Luke's Pig Heads were deliberately seeded into a division where they'd get substantial inducements for most matches. :)

4. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    True the lack of tackle will help the stunties( including mine ) and dodgy ones but my greenies are still sore from their CTALE exploits and are ready for the big time...or so they keep telling me:)

With plenty block bit of guard and MB i can bash with the best and with a streak of sneakiness i should be able to pull off the odd elf-like bs play.

Course we'll see what happens on the field! Good luck lads the unionists are ready:p

5. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    Yea, we really need more Tackle in the division. Also I'm not too keen to go up against those killer Vermins, but hopefully they won't be able to pick up Claw or any other nasty habits before I play them.

Apart from that I'm looking forward to pull a Chaos team through a "real" league for a bit, I think the Categories can reach the sweet spot soon, Nuffle willing.

Also, have fun everyone:powdodge:

6. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    It'll seem all too 'real' tjorne when my trolls foot is so far up a chaos warriors backside He could wear him like a shoe, hes got a pair of elven 'sneakers' and could use some new ones:p

7. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    After doing our make up we will be sure to stroll through this division in style. Never defeated and intend on keeping it that way - in fact should some be so lucky to get a draw against us - then dont go bragging about it, as it will be a gift from superiority. Superior = Dark Elfs:D

8. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    Ahem, 10 injurys 1st match, think the elves can handle that many?
    Anyway Mugsnatch says were golden, he's big i'd believe him:)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  9. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Uuuuh. EMO boy and co are getting bold. Claw you on the pitch and let's see who's who...

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Phfff, I shall mark your claw with AV7:p

11. jounisii

jounisii Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    jounisii
    Country Flag:
    Well, that's a solid plan - as can be expected from you :D By the time we meet I should have 3 clawMB players. Do you have enough AV7 players to mark them all?

12. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Most likely I will only have AV7 to mark with:p

13. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    Country Flag:
    Butchered a few Elves today but got a dead (0SPP) beast and a 2-0 defeat in the bargain. Not sure if I should be happy...

14. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    After our recent match smurf ive passed on what i learnt to the lads and they say its not the makeup thats getting ruined:p

15. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Our breathtaking visage was more than the lads could take:p

16. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    hehe they did kinda try? anyway orcs is green, green is best:D

17. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    The lads did well against joun and his tidy uwd outfit and if i was a certain hexham based coach id be worried :) specially since the lads have been practicing tackling.
    Oh and their accent ' howay man ':p

18. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Only one thing left to ponder in this division! Will MD5 bring a team able to take points from the EMO boys?o_O

19. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    My lads couldnt even smear their bloody lipstick.

20. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    Country Flag:
    This season went badly for me in wins, but well in development. I could not control the game really, had bad luck and the wrong time and probably made mistakes as well. On the other hand I got quite a few levels, so if CC goes to another round in BB1, I'll probably give them another shot.

Now I only have to stomp some Orcs into the ground in our last game, that should be fun. :skull: