1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch Cup and Blood Bowl 2

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Znarx, Jun 16, 2015.

?

How soon do you want the Crunch Cup to move to Blood Bowl 2?

1. I want to keep playing BB1 until they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I don't want to switch to BB2 until most/all teams are available.

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. I want to switch soon, but I want a chance to develop new teams in CTA first.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. I want a Crunch Cup in BB2 as soon as possible.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. I'm waiting to see how buggy BB2 is before making up my mind.

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    With Crunch Cup 15 coming to an end soon, and Blood Bowl 2 to be released in late September, we have a choice of continuing the Crunch Cup in BB1 for at least a while, or moving to BB2 as soon as possible.

I haven't been fully following the information about BB2, but it appears that it will at least initially have a limited roster of playable teams:
    Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Skaven, Dark Elves, Chaos, Bretonnia, and High Elves. (I've also seen it indicated that you can get Lizards or Wood Elves if you pre-order the game.)

I'd like to get a feel for how soon people would be interested in moving the Crunch Cup to Blood Bowl 2. I'm willing to run a league on either BB1 or BB2 (or possibly both simultaneously), as long as there's sufficient player interest. I know that some of the other leagues that I'm playing in are currently taking a break until BB2 launches.

2. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Launch date late September, may be delayed yet again. May be buggy on release. Not many teams. For me CC16 on BB1, if BB2 works out then add another CC then. Voted option 5, but would prefer keep going on BB1 until there is a better alternative.

3. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I think BB2 will be a huge bust, but will reserve judgement until the final product is unleashed.

4. Tjorne

Tjorne Member

Cyanide Username:
    .marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
    Country Flag:
    I would like to wait until it has no more bugs than BB1. Also, more teams are an almost-must-have. I voted for the last option (bug-free), but more teams are almost as important to me.

I guess I would switch sooner if the majority (or simply the commissioners) here decide(s) otherwise. Glad you ask us, though, and strongly vote for waiting.

5. Arthur Wynne

Arthur Wynne Member

Country Flag:
    For me, the quality of the programming and the UI are more important than team availability. If BB2 can noticeably improve on those (the UI especially) I'd likely switch quickly. Unfortunately, like Akirilus I don't have high hopes. Sticking with BB1 for the foreseeable future might be the best option. (I voted option 5.)

6. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    I think we can get at least 1 more Crunch Cup in.

CC 15 finishes at the end of June.
    CTALE runs through July and August.
    CC 16 runs September to November.

That would mean 2 months of CTA in BB2 to see if it is good enough for the next CTALE and CC17

akirilus likes this.
  7. akirilus

akirilus Well-Known Member

Country Flag:

Agreed 100%. In fact, I am not sure if switching at all will be a good idea - but I'll reserve judgement until BB2 is out. (I voted option 5 in the poll).

8. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    I don't want to get BB2 until I have too, and by that I mean the people and leagues I play in are switching over. I have already bought the first game 3 times, and don't have much interest in the graphics "improvements" or going back to 8 teams; though I haven't followed development and don't know what else it has to offer.

I voted #2 (more teams available) but would rather buy the game than sit on the sidelines if everyone else switched.

9. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Thank you everybody for the feedback. It looks likely that at least the next CTALE and Crunch Cup 16 will still be on BB1. It's also likely that we will run at least one CTALE in BB2 before switching Crunch Cup over to BB2, to make sure we work out any kinks.

10. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    What I wrote before was garbage. BB2 all the way. It's gonna be great, have you seen those trailers! I have trouble sleeping at night with anticipation for the launch date. I'm changing my vote for option 4, bring on BB2 - the only way forward. (Nothing to do with me having tech issues with BB1:rolleyes:)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  11. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I cast a vote for more teams. Think it is mystifying that we once again have to buy the teams in small DLC packs. If BB2 does not improve on the numbers of stars then I see no reason to switch until they shut down the BB1 servers:skull:

12. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    I think it is safe to presume that they will improve on the number of stars. Improvement not beeing the same as perfection mind...

I voted two but could have been five.

13. Xamnen

Xamnen Member

Cyanide Username:
    Xamnen
    Country Flag:
    I voted switch soon, but really I'd just want something like CTA in BB 2 until it is less buggy and has more teams

14. Drakan2.0

Drakan2.0 Member

Cyanide Username:
    Drakandm24
    Country Flag:
    its likely to be buggy how much we'll have to wait and see but im more hoping my ancient laptop-amobob will cut the mustard:D