1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch Cup Elite ahead !!!

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Lebe666, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    And when turn 17 starts there are no kick off, the play simply continues from where it ended in turn 16, and you will gain no SPP from actions done in the overtime:powdodge:

2. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    MD8 Match - Game Over

CRUNCH CUP ELITE versus [CC] Rams

Inducment 450k difference. 1st time around he got Wizard and 2 mercs. 2nd time he got Borak and Wizard.

My GF turned on too many electrical appliances and the power in the house went down. My silly router doesn't allow for getting the game connected again. Vusfnuv was in a good position to score... but he had already a Cas & surfed goat.

1st Half

Too be fair I chose to kick since it wasn't his fault the game was restarted.

Necro kick deep ! Perfect defense. Re-arranged to put FG on LOS far from Minotaur.

"Narly Wolf" with a little help tries to blitz down the Mino... but gets :pushback::pushback::pushback::pushback: :mad:

Goats open to the right and make a cage. FG "Mico Selva" is KO... beggining of great cas dice.

"Narly Wolf" to get away from Mino KOs a goat. "John McGuirk" busts a cage corner to mark the ball. "Dreamy Wolf" slips in next too but gets knocked down. The goats instead of trying to take down a blodge stand firm wight... DODGE out ! It works. Two goats managed their dodges. Minotaur KOs Wight "Danton".

"Dreamy Wolf" (4 agi/dodge) tries to get to the ball but fails a 2 TZ dodge rolling 2 & 3... :rolleyes: The Chaos seem to set up a foul but a double skull :skull: :skull: by a CW elsewhere causes a Turnover.

"Narly Wolf" runs around and with help of a Ghoul takes down the ball. "Dreamy Wolf" stands up... picks up ball and hides behind the other two... near friendly EZ.

An early turnover when the Minotaur rolls :bothdown: :bothdown: bothdown and Badly Hurts Viajero (Guard zombie). No regen... all game.

This is when I should have moved the ball wolf further away. But I thought I could screen him ok... but of course forgot about the fireball. Bad blitz dice didn't help either and made them clump together.

Vusfnuv then used what is undoubtedly the best value fireball of the league. Both wolves and both ghouls were stunned... all 4 ! Ball down near EZ.

The Chaos took advantage to foul out "Etheric Ghoul" (Badly Hurt) with a goat expelled. Then they fouled "Dreamy Wolf" but only stunned. Touchdown only on the 8th Turn. Score 1-0. 2 cas and 3 KOs. "Mico Selva" comes back.

Necro 8th turn managed nothing except an expelled "Flanks" zombie that only stunned Borak star player.

2nd Half

All KOs come back. 11 players each. Chaos kicks.

Necro do a full push on the right flank. "Dreamy Wolf" with his agility picks up the ball. Zombies hold big guys. Chaos tries to push the necro formation but doesn't get far. "Narly Wolf" is unmarked and in TD range... he is handed the ball and runs for a TD... (2 turn TD) Turn 10. 1-1

Necro kick... Blitz ! Dreamy blitzes a goat down and stand near where the ball would fall... but the game wouldn't allow me to step under ball in a 2nd GFI... even though I could to other spots. :mad: I send the other wolf around right flank too... too rash an action having no numbers advantage.

Dam Agility goat manages to pick up and pass the ball (fumbled 1st pass... RR saves). They try to blitz down the safety "Barninho Ghoul" but only pushes. Ball goat passes thru gap. But "Barninho" dodges away and 1 die blitzes the goat. :pushback: RR to :powdodge:.... ball down and Ghoul picks it up. Goat blitzes back... "Barninho Ghoul" down and gets ball. (One of the few Wild Animal helps this turn). "Dreamy Wolf" that came around left flank KOs the goat to get the ball. Seems safe.

This is when the game went down the drain... all same turn:
    Zombie "jrpeart" BH
    Blodge "Narly Wolf" next to 2 goats gets :pow: badly hurt. (no regen all game)
    The last Chaos RR saves the Minotaur.
    Lord Borak then KO's "Gallows Bait" zombie that was marking him.
    "Barninho Ghoul" is 1 die blocked by a goat and KOs too.

So from recovering the ball and what looked like a promising chance to score a 2-1... half the team is either hurt or knocked out on Turn 13. 4 players lost in one turn.

Only a very quick TD would save me... but "Mico Selva" can't manage to take down the Minotaur even with a RR. (I had a lot of RRs then) "Dreamy Wolf" with the ball blitzes and stuns the minotaur. Vusfnuv had a chance of hitting wolf... but instead hits Danton and manages to push him to sideline and then blitzes him into the crowd. Zombie "Bintz" is :pow: KO'd. So that is 6 players lost in 2 turns.

"Dreamy Wolf" supported by "John McGuirk" and zombie try to mark 2 goats... while the wolf crowdsurfs a third goat sucessfully. (groin strain MNG... only cas of the game and no SPP) "Dreamy Wolf" runs to get out of reach of most Chaos. Lord Borak comes for a 2 die but with no tackle. Together with a Chaos Warrior they block the way.

So the Agi 4 wolf needs 4 dodges. 1st 2 TZ / 1 TZ / 1 TZ / 0 TZ

Rolls "3" fail DODGE -> 5 / rolls 2 Fail RR -> 5 / roll 5 / Last easy dodge... "1". Wolf stunned. Samba Calculator said 55% chance maneuver... :( Zero RRs now.

Chaos Warrior picks up ball... chaos set up cage midfield. I have 5 players (Netsmurf / Dreamy / Sandrone / McGuirk & Mico Selva ) to his 9. Turn 15-16.

Turn 16 Netsmurf manages to 1 die stun a CW... zombie Sandrone fouls Minotaur and manages only stun. Then the same zombie KOs a goat... but Apothecary makes it a stun. No casualties ever with broken armor !

John McGuirk is saved by his dodge time and time again. "Dreamy Wolf" catches up with the cage and crowdsurfs another loose goat. Turn 19. It seems possible to stop caging at least.

"John McGuirk" then fails a simple dodge and its basically all over. Minotaur KOs the FG "Netsmurf"... "Mico Selva" rolls a skull in a 1 die. There is no more support and the chaos manage to form a cage again around CW w/ ball.

The final turns was "Dreamy Wolf"dodging into Chaos formations and managing a -2 die... :powdodge::pushback:... no good. Lord Borak then pushes him away. 2nd time into the chaos cage and a GFI takes the wolf down. [Vusfnuv said it was "scary"] Finally John McGuirk :pushback::pushback: pushes a CW in a -2 die to stand next to ball carrier next to End Zone. Hoping for a Stand Firm stopping the TD... but it didn't work. CW gets the TD.

Final score: 2-1 !! Turn 24 overtime !!!

GAME OVER - League Over.

-1 Fan Factor (sad fans)

"jrpeart" gets MVP ! Prize for lasting so long

BB Manager Luck

CC Elite
    1d6 0.0 (Fireball "success" of 4/4 = 60 distorted this. 23/40 dodges most quite dangerous. Zero Regen.)
    2d6 3.48 (9 stuns 3 KO 1 Cas)

[CC] Rams
    1d6 18.18 (8/8 dodges - 5/5 GFI - 5/6 pickup - 2/2 pass - 16/19 Wild Animal)
    2d6 12.33 (22/46 armor rolls = 12 stuns 5 KOs 4 Injuries)

Commentary:

After those 2 rounds and losing 6 players it was all over. If this were a regular game it would be a draw on Turn 16. I simply had to score with those multiple dodges. Even if I had moved midfield and taken another 2 or 3 dice blitz. With no tackle or wrestle it wouldn't be easy. But he would simply cage the wolf down leading to multiple dodges the same way. That I still managed to crowd surf 2 goats and almost KO another was incredible. The ability of an agility wolf to reach any foe is incredible but was in vain... there were just too many chaos players to pick the ball up and continue.

So the small mistakes did accumulate... from not moving the ball further away to over stretching the wolves hoping for a failed pickup or pass. The dice didn't help of course... with hardly ever an early turnover for the Chaos team. Frustratingly and tense game to the end... but only a lot of luck would have turned it around.

Sad to leave CC 7. Congrats to Vusfnuv that managed to keep his cool and maintain his advantage. He used his players well and even got a critical crowd surf when he might have been tempted for hitting the ball.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  3. Mico Selva

Mico Selva Active Member

Country Flag:
    Sorry for my namesake's disappointing performance in this game. I never held up well to pressure. :eek:

Here's hoping that CC Elite makes a comeback in future CCs. Was nice to read about our forumites' misadventures. :D

4. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Thanks Mico...

Major Bummer losing like that... especially after some gung-ho taking down of ball carriers...

CC 8 they will be back... and hopefully GB zombie manages some sort of skill

5. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    I wouldn't count on it. :D

6. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I'll make him Pass the ball ! Spend some RRs just to get that darn 1 SPP... got 3 zombies in the same situation.

7. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Im sure that mino carried secret weapons:p

8. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    That Mino is tough... put him down a few times... kicked him on the floor... darn.. :rolleyes:

9. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    So CC 8 has started ! Your favorite team is back ! ;)

This time Division 1 is no longer an agility division... its become a Bash feast with the return of the Nurgle claws... Rams & Dwarves...

Speaking of the devil... Flank's Dwarves are up first. Lean team with lower TV now that they got rid of the Deathroller... and are low on gold.

That how to guide on dealing with Dwarves will be useful... any suggestions ? Good Luck wishes ? Commiserations ? :rolleyes:

10. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    Spread them, then smash them to little(r) pieces!

You should have the mobilité advantage there, use it and decide where you want to hit.

11. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    What Bintz said...

Plus your Wolves have claws... If you get a chance to blitz with them it's worth a shot.

12. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    With your claws, you pretty much eliminate one of the dwarf's few advantages. On offense I'd see how he sets up. If he sets up in the ziggurat, I'd go for stacking the wide zone on one side to break through (not to mention wasting all those other dwarfs on the LOS. If he goes the deep defense route, eat his players up front. Your mobilty like Bintz and Barninho said is going to be a huge thorn in his side... you can pretty much score at will with the right set up. just have him chase you around the pitch like the end of a Benny Hill episode to keep him from getting the ball and going for the 2-1 grind and you got it made. ;)

Is anyone getting inducements?

13. John McGuirk

John McGuirk Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    You might consider sending out Zombie reservists instead of all your Ghouls, if you want to protect them from the Tackle mob.

On the one hand, you'd lose a chunk of your speed advantage over the Dwarves. On the other, they're so achingly slow, it's not certain you'd need it..

14. Barninho

Country Flag:
    There is no better player to mark Dwarfs away from the action than a zombie...

15. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    The glee from the posts talking about dwarves being murdered is compelling... they are not the favorite race ! :D

He'll have 140k inducements... I was going to buy a "Bolepolk Zombie" in honor of our vice champion... but that would mean a Wizard... so maybe next match... :cool:

Going for a 2-1 strategy against Dwarves is viable ? I do depend on blodge to keep my team star players alive... with dwarves there is too much tackle.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  16. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    Dont follow up on blocks unless with frenzy, make sure you play a little as elfs vs dwarfs. Spread him out so that guard is not effective. Take a surf rather than a downed player if you get the chance on his dwarfs. Remember that they stay on the pitch on an 8 due to thick skull, so getting them of the pitch anyhow is exelent.

17. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    being a dwarf coach myself, I don't mind who gets bashed as long as someone does. ;) Your wolves have the speed where only the runners can hope to catch up, so make them your ball carriers to blitz through the defensive line (possibly using both in tandem to frenzy block one to the other, then frenzy blitz the target out of the first wolves' tackle zones. Necros are a fast, bashy team, which is why they're one of my favorites (they suit the bashy skaven style I love so much). Netsmurf has a bunch of great ideas too, and throw in a little norse glass cannon in there, since tackle is intimidating, but it does nothing to prevent them from getting knocked over. ;) Frenzy will keep them from getting too close to the sidelines, and stacking the widezones will help you force your ball carriers to break through! :)

If things don't go as planned, write your own Playbook of Grudges for when you play against that coach again. :)

18. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    CC 8 - MD1 Match !!

Slow grind of the dwarf...

CRUNCH CUP ELITE versus DRAWF!

Flanks choses 2 Babes...

1st Half

Necro receive...

Wanted a chance of hitting PO blitzer... but set up badly. LOS down... but no one hurt... on his side. Dwarves hit back and Flanks (the zombie) is knocked out for much of the game.

A few more blocks and I gave up the bashing game... moved to right flank with wolves and ghouls. "Mico Selva"did manage to KO a Trollslayer... but that one came back soon. Flanks setup his runners to defend and Trollslayer blitzed over "John McGuirk" to mark ball wolf. A few blocks and the ball and a ghoul were free. "Dreamy Wolf", ball in hand, blitzes and pushes a runner to the crowd helped by ghouls... but his thick skull prevents him from being KOd ! "Dreamy Wolf" then does a 1 GFI to score ! Score 1-0 Turn 4. Dreamy now has lvl up SPP !

Dwarves turn... as I had not covered the flanks... Flanks tries to outflank the Necros LOS. Running the runners around... :) (talk about repetition)

Wolves and wights easily dodge out to try and stop them. I chose :pushback: instead of :pow: in an attempt to crowd surf one of the runners but get a :bothdown: on single die roll that would have surfed him. Should have RR'd but feared a :skull:. In the scuffle that followed lost my Dodging Wight "John McGuirk" badly hurt... as usual regen does not work in CC Elite... :(

Wolves try to block the way... Dreamy gets stunned by Piling On blitzer... he didn't manage a single cas all game... thank nuffle. A failed hand off by the runners wrecks things for the dwarves... "Barninho Ghoul" blocks the way when they try to do the final push thru... ball Runner RRs a :bothdown: and is wrestled down by martial arts ghoul ! :cool:

2nd Half

Brilliant Coaching gives +1 RR to the CC Elite...

The dwarves push their line ahead... and what follows is a series of stuns and KOSs... PO blitzer fails many more Piling ons though.

jrpeart & Netsmurft get KO'd in LOS.
    Barninho Ghoul & Narly Wolf are stunned. Gallows Bait is KO later. :skull:

A desperate play puts two Necros on the ball runner... but too spread out. Dwarves manage to push them off the ball. With so many necro out or stunned the dwarven runners have their chance and set out once more. "Barninho Ghoul" that had best chance of taking out ball was stunned from a piling on...

Flanks for some reason kept pushing "Dreamy Wolf" away... until he was kind of free to dodge out. Two wolf action... but I did the mistake of using "Narly Wolf" to assist when his tackle would have been better even if I had to risk 1 GFI. "Dreamy Wolf" just pushes around the blodgy runner including 1 :powdodge:... dam. Also instead of dodging out Danton to try and help stop runners... I went for a 1 die to stop him from being surfed... but got a :skull:... that move probably cost me the game.

Guard Zombie "Viajero" then met his final death when hit by a MB blocker... :( 15 SPP... so close... regen fails of course.

I was getting outnumbered pretty quick with these losses... tried a dumb if desperate hit with tackle on ball runner... but frenzy put "Narly Wolf" into a -2 die 2nd block... :skull:

Dwarves set up a nice protection screen around Runner next to EZ... he needs to stall or wolves would make a 2 turner. So time for hero play... "Play of the Day" material !

"Dreamy Wolf" with his 4 agility dodges twice (-2 TZ) to get to ball carrier... -2 die roll... both :powdodge: :powdodge: then frenzy 2nd -2 die :pushback: :pushback: and the runner + ball go to the crowd !! :D

Unfortunately the ball is thrown nearby and is all open... I dumbly moved the other wolf... could have made it harder to get the open ball. Did try suicide dodge with zombie Bintz... but no go. Flanks picks the ball and manages a quick pass to runner that runs in the equalizer ! TD ! 1-1...

Final 16th turn I tried to setup a 1 turner but got it all wrong... plus didn't have enough people anyway...

Final score: 1-1 !!

GAME OVER

40k Gold and -1 Fan Factor (fans appreciate lots of casualties.. of which there were none)

"Barninho Ghoul" gets MVP ! For surviving PO ! Stunned 3 times...

BB Manager Luck

CC Elite
    1d6 -0.63 (no Regen... 1/6 KOs)
    2d6 -5.77 (zero casualties though I did attack as much with wolves as possible)

DWARF!
    1d6 12.63
    2d6 2.60

Rolled few :pow: and rolled a load of :bothdown: at critical times... 39% of blocks had success...

Commentary: the small mistakes ended up costing me the game... with "Viajero" dead it was a costly draw. Lost a few chances of surfing that would have helped. Losing "John McGuirk" also made things way harder. More careful handling of the wolves and Barninho Ghoul might have stopped the final TD... :(

There was only 1 lvl up on agility "Dreamy Wolf".... finally !!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  19. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Viva Barninho!

20. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    He certainly did his part... now he is a TD away from lvl up ! :cool: