1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch Cup Elite ahead !!!

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Lebe666, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    "Dreamy Wolf" got a normal lvl up ! Has +1 agi / Block/Dodge

Tackle ?
    Sidestep for protection ?
    Dauntless for taking on bigger guys ? (though I prefer the agility wolf not to do this)

Suggestions ?

2. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    It's a tough choice between tackle and sidestep. SS would help make you a better crowd surfer, but to plow through the offensive or defensive lines, nothing beats tackle. Personally I'm leaning towards tackle, though. Rendering dodge worthless is a beautiful thing. ;)

3. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I'm pending toward SS... "Dreamy Wolf" is quite the surfer... might need it. I've got tackle on the other wolf, a wight and soon on Barninho Ghoul.

Alas... I'll have to buy two new zombies... 2nd one depends on TV difference...

BOLEPOLK in honor Vampire vice-champion !!

Who else should be named ? "Hoverdog" is not eligible... his name goes for new positionals if they should be needed.

4. Barninho

Barninho Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Have you had a Coach yet?

I'm with you for Side Step. Between the Golem's and him you'll own the sidelines. Plus Frenzy is kind of a pseudo-tackle anyway in terms of odds, and tackle can reduce the amount of surfs you do on dodge players.

5. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Oh and another reason, not much Dodge in our division this season so Tackle might be wasted. In fact there's only one team I can think of with a lot of dodge players, and they are mine... so the less tackle the better.

6. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Actually the Norse have a bit... you sure have some...

7. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    You did have problems last games for not having tackle on Dreamy - but Side-step makes him both a better ball-marker and safer by the sidelines.

8. bintz

bintz Active Member

Country Flag:
    I'd go with SS too.

9. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    OK... with two killer teams coming my way I've contracted some Russian Mafia muscle...

Welcome to the Crunch Cup Elite:

13 - Bolepolk - notorious for his courage and skill in playing vampires
    12 - Vusfnuv - die hard... and hard to kill Rams coach. Hopefully will show his namesake some pain !

10. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    MD2 Match - Grudge Match or Deja Vu

CRUNCH CUP ELITE versus [CC] Rams

Inducement 140k difference. He gets 2 babes... I'd have gone for an Apoch... but...

Two new russian Zombies ! Bolepolk and Vusfnuv !

1st Half

CC elite choses to receive... and as usual a rock flies... "Netsmurf" stunned... not much damage on LOS. Necro move to the right flank and "Netsmurf" manages the first cas ! :skull: He was holding down the tackle goat... and hurt him badly ! The LOS was crowded and "Dreamy Wolf" did some crazy blitzing in and out. The minotaur rolls snakeyes !

Things got crowded on the right... so necro head to the left where "Netsmurf" KOs the Mino (turn 4).. but the russian rams don't let it off cheap. "Narly Wolf" is blitzed by the MB CW and is KO'd out... this same Chaos Warrior is then clawed down in a stunning way by "Dreamy Wolf" with ball in hand ! Already a bit short on horn power... some well placed hits KO the guard goat and surf another of Vusfnuv's goats. The position was risky for the Wolf but the CW -2 die blitz fails.

Turn 7 ! With the area seemingly safe "Dreamy Wolf" tries to hand of the ball to Barninho... who promptly drops it twice (RR) ! The Str Goat blitzes next to mark the ball and a CW too... but MB Wight Danton kills the +Str Goat :skull: ... almost ! The apothecary manages a pinched nerve (MNG) saving the goat.

Without a RR I got cocky and moved the wolf wrongly... he picked up the ball he shouldn't... trying to dodge out to pass the ball he falls flat with snakeyes nuffling for my arrogance. Score should have been 1-0.... its 0-0

2nd Half

All KOs are back... but Cyanide mucks it up and Vusfnuv's Agility Goat disappears for that drive. 11 necro vs 10 chaos.

Vusfnuv does his usual baiting with the ball goat just beyond GFI range. Tempted by a possible hit on the ball ..."Narly Wolf" with a RR marks the ball carrier with a light screen to cut off passing... but I forgot that chaos warriors have Agi 3 and had covered the LOS goats too much... so after blitzing away the wolf he moves and quick passes the ball not to the goats in LOS but the Chaos Warrior that runs just out of reach of the FG and on the sideline. RR on pass saves this risky move.

"Mico Selva" manages to mark the ball CW with some GFI... but with "Dreamy Wolf" in rear guard it seemed viable to 1 die push the CW... but the Minotaur had recently developed tentacles ! These hold down Dreamy twice (RR) (rolled 7 & 3 on 2d6)... the CW dodges out easily from the FG and scores the first TD of the match !

With a few turns it seems under control. Agi Goat is back. 11 vs 11.

Perfect Defense kick off event changes that... way too many chaos in front. The key seems to be taking down the Minotaur... "Mico Selva" put the mino down but not out. With so many Wights and zombies clumped up in the area its seems the game would get bogged down. "Narly Wolf" dodges thru to act as a receiver.

The Mino roars and gets back up knocking over the FG "Mico Selva" who with a soft groan gets up and blitzes down the minotaur... got :pushback: and :pow:... but didn't push the mino to the sideline... bad mistake. Would have been easy for the wight to push him to the crowd.

Zombie "Gallows Bait" the eternal rookie shambles in to save the day... with a very well placed kick breaking some of the mino's ribs ! MNG !

The Chaos Coach losing so many players feels the fear and keeps his distance... too much. "Barninho Ghoul" with ball in hand runs to midfield protected by a cage.

"Narly wolf" in the chaos backfield gets blitzed and bumped around... but with no tackle in sight he just gets pushed.

"Barninho Ghoul" well protected heads away and on Turn 15 does the only necro TD ! Lvl up for the Ghoul. Score 1-1... hoping for a blitz or +1 turn event... but nothing of the sort.

Final score: 1-1 !!

GAME OVER

"Barninho" gets MVP ! Prize for fumbling the ball badly... :rolleyes:
    Gallows Bait get the Golden Boot award for kicking the mino out of this and the next game ! :)
    + 1 Fan Factor... they like blood.

BB Manager Luck

CC Elite
    1d6 -6.25 (Barninho's not catching... and tentacles mostly)
    2d6 +0.94

[CC] Rams
    1d6 16.43 (perfect passing and catching... no wild animals almost)
    2d6 -6.67

Commentary:

I seemed to have quite a lot of control of the match... but got too tempted in rushing the backfield in the 2nd Half as usual. If it weren't for the SPP spreading operation that failed and the wolve's auto move this would have been a solid 2-1 victory. Chaos are tough but with AV7 (claw) they do fall... and no regen to spare them.

Frustrated due to these silly mistakes...

Vusfnuv played it safely and took risks at just the right moments... and got bad dice at critical moments too... well played ! He deserves the zombie with his name in the CC Elite !

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  11. Gallows Bait

Gallows Bait Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Gallows-Bait
    Cyanide Username:
    Gallows Bait
    Country Flag:
    Something vaguely useful for once - excellent news. No star player points or anything, but still.. progress.

Also - shamelessly stolen for my sig. :D

12. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Good ! :p

He did get the "Golden Boot" award at the end of the report ! :D

13. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    So "Barninho Ghoul" is not only alive after a few stuns... but he got lvl up (MVP & TD)...

So he rolled a normal skill. Has Wrestle. What skill next ?

Vote:
    1) Tackle - general skill... wrackler.

2) Strip Ball for ball sacking...

None of my next oppos has Sure Hands. Top 2 in Div 2 have a single Sure Hands. Tackle of course is more useful... but a Strip/Wrestle safety means I have less to worry about my backfield.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  14. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Sack him, he's bloat :)

15. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I'm asking about the Ghoul player ! Not the coach ! ;)

16. Captain Thorrek

Captain Thorrek Member

Country Flag:
    It's personal preference for me, but I vote for tackle. Works great on offence and defence, not to mention gives an extra chance for SPP's. :)

17. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Wrackle all the way now, Strip Ball next.

18. G20

G20 Member

Country Flag:
    Here's a shout for sidestep.

19. Valokiloren

Valokiloren Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    ʋǟʟ
    Cyanide Username:
    Valokiloren
    Country Flag:
    No no no no... he's so obviously that one player you want to put Thick Skull on. Thick Skull!

20. Barninho

Country Flag:
    Heh... You win this round Lebe!