Crunch Cup Elite ahead !!!

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Roster should be... or close.

Zara zombie is MNG (so have 13 players active)
Haven't bought 2nd Ghoul yet... whose short life is to be a homage to Boffa ;)

Woodies are all heavy TV too... 2 Str and 2 Dex ups.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I dislike fielding a team with only 5 AG3 players. It limits your options, especially if there are casualties. I would probably get the Ghoul if i were you. Try to feed it a TD if you get the chance. Also 13 players can be a bit risky sometimes, as you could be fielding < 11 players on the pitch depending on how armour rolls fall.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
In a game with potential OT you want to be

a) winning at half time,

or

b) level at half time and about to receive.

The 2-1 grind is still fine. But if you're going to kick, forcing your opponent to score early becomes vital. If they can stall to even, say, turn 4, you'll be in a pinch to score back (and you need to be level at HT, remember?). It's not as big a problem for Necro as it would be for other bash teams. But how often do Werewolves score a two-turner? (Not a rhetorical question; I actually have no idea!)

Lots of bash coaches recommend receiving if you get the choice, then playing as long a drive as possible, removing enemy players and scoring turn 8. That leaves you in the best position to control the match in the second half, as either you stall them out for the 1-0 win, or you get to receive again, and then you can take as long as you like before scoring as close to the one of the four-turn cut-offs as possible.

The Achilles heel in this plan is the one-turn touch down. If you choose to receive and score in your turn 8, and the opponent pulls off a one-turner, suddenly you're having to chase the game. But the odds of a one-turner are long - not dissimilar to dodging into a X cage and freeing the ball at 2d against, scooping it up in a TZ and long bombing it away. So in any turn you have the ball you're conceivably facing this sort of disaster - it's just that turn 8 is a chance for your opponent to try it with minimal consequences if it fails.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
I though I agree in part with what John says, I feel as a Bash coach kicking is Always the way too go if playing a grind. Bash teams struggle when it comes to scoring, while there defensive plays are easier. By kicking you have time to cause damage to the opposing team before receiving hopefully allowing you to remove a threat or two.

More important than player removal it gives you a better understanding of the games flow, and what you need to achieve in the 2nd half. If you do not feel you can stop the opposing offensive drive, then making them score by turn 4 will allow you the chance to equalise by half time But if you can not force them to score or you think your able to and something goes wrong this is not the end, going into half time 1-0 down is not a big deal especially if you have removed a number of the opposing sides key positional players.

At this point is when you need to decide how to play the 2nd half, which is not something you get a choice of if you receive. If you have significantly hurt the opposition you can make a 4 turn score, and be generally favourable to make the steal for the win. On the other hand if your still on equal footing you drag the match out and play for injury time, in the hopes that you can cause some damage while you in control.

I would always rather have control of the pace in the 2nd half over the first, because it gives me more options and/or information on what I need to do, and what risks are acceptable.

crimsonsun

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Wolves can 2 turn TD ok... but not against Woodies...

Also having a strong defensive team means Elves won't score 2 turns easily...

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
While the points above are all valid and relevant I still feel this game has so much left to randomness (kick off events, armour rolls, fouls, other vagaries during the game etc) that a decision as specific as "kicking or not first in a Play Off game" and how it relates to winning odds is well within the error margin or outwith the game "resolution" if you wish.

Dont get me wrong, it is good to have a plan but as the military says often proudly: No plan survives contact with the enemy.

Note to JohnM: The chances to do a 1 turner against Lebe´s team are slim to none given his SF and SS amounts... In my case I d need either to remove 4 out of the 6 off the pitch or a Quick Snap event.

Last edited:

Barmution

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Barmution
Country Flag
LOL !!

Against me he was the 2nd one... but he is consistent client of the KO or CAS box !! :D
Just look at the words KO and CAS - mix them together and get KOS which is deceptively close to KROX (if you're not entirely sober, but fond of conspiracy theories and also batshit insane).

Coincidence? I think not!

He was the last one against me....

Oh well, at least he is the only "guaranteed" casualty! :D
Money for nothing and your Krox for free!

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Just checked the graveyard... 1 Krox and 2 Saurus... no skinks :rolleyes: (though I presume they were retired with all sorts of disabilities)