1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch Cup Elite ahead !!!

Discussion in 'Team Blogs' started by Lebe666, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, they have gotten into bad habits lately..

2. Lebe666

Lebe666 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Saw you left more than a few in the Graveyard... I've left 3 as well... :(

3. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    So one more Cup done... faced off against my mentor Dreamy/Nikolai II

My team with recent losses and his buying a lino means I had babes... not much use...

Chose to receive and suffered a Blitz... the Pro-Elves run in a group to catch the ball they kicked themselves. In the ensuing scrum they did a pass (Narly didn't intercept) and score after same delaying. Score 1-1

In the remaining 2 turns McGuirk scores on Turn 8 in what was some strange moves on both sides... and I totally forgot about the One-Turner and I put on the LOS Wight Kaz... Dreamy manages not only to BH him (regens) but pulls off the one-turner... 2-1 Score

2nd Half

CC Elite kicks and the elves try their right flank again... but pressure makes them switch sides. My bad positioning means some GFIs failing for Rusty Ghoul. RemthaYarr does BH the Str 4 catcher before.

Dreamy decides to delay and RemthYarr manages to take down the ball carrier with guard help by McGuirk. The ball skips out of the field and in the elves backfield. Boffa Ghoul picks it up and runs all alone. (darn if I had kept Narly to move later on he could have helped)

Boffa is taken down by two elves... but then gets up and runs with the ball again. Dreamy choses not to RR his 2 die hit and Boffa just needs a simple dodge... and rolls Snakeyes... :mad: SO CLOSE TO SCORING and leveling him up. Worse he is stunned... :(

I mark the BC with FG Netsmurf and Narly later in some last ditch attempts... but elves get around easily... and score their rookie catcher with the final TD 3-1

Turn 16 I tried to level up a zombie with a pass... :p

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So that was a pretty lousy season... lost key players... took too long to level up. When I won I didn't feel I deserved it... when I lost it was usually due to bad plays. I sure am out of shape and lacking in concentration.

Still it was nice to bring the CC Elite around again... with so many losses I might go for a 2nd Division run in a future :p

4. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Brazilian heat is probably not helping you any?

Lack of hurting elves hurt you. Let's see if Barm's Necroes can redeem Necromantic pride.

But 2nd division - yeah, unusually high amount of second division teams coming through to the second round of playoffs.
    Three out of four? It's through the looking glass here, people.

5. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I wish I could blame the heat... some of my first games were in normal weather... :rolleyes:

Well anyways... good luck to the rest of the coaches. I'll be traveling thru South East Asia (especially Hong Kong) and Oceania from mid-January to end of March. If anyone lives in these areas and wants a visitor... message me ! :D

6. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    No shame in losing to Dreamy, tho, especially if you didn't manage to break any Elves along the way. Pro's are scoring machines and Dreamy is a seriously competent ag4 coach.

You'll get them next season! ;)

7. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    One of the best facerollers in town? :p

8. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    Facerollers is funny!

Barm... I did poorly most of the season and worse... I can't blame bad luck that much. Well except the dam snakeyes when I could have scored with the darn Ghoul... but otherwise I'm really out of shape sadly.

Dreamy sure is a headache to face... and usually has some extra bad luck against me... not this time... so I wish him the best !

9. Barmution

Barmution Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Barmution
    Country Flag:
    Obviously you've got a face made for rolling ;)

Can't seem to do very well with Pros myself so I got to hand it to you for making the only generally likable Elves out there perform like that.

I know what you mean. Taking even a couple of weeks off leaves me a much worse player and you've been pretty inactive lately (at least around here). Still, you got to the play-offs even with some pretty serious damage to your team, so you can't be entirely rusted.

Catch you on the field some time and have fun traveling :)

10. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Barm - well, here's hoping for a repeat result in our upcoming match. ;)

Lebe - safe journey, and don't be a stranger. :)

11. Lebe666

Country Flag:
    I sure can be proud of always reaching the play offs... but then I've used well built teams... and yes I've had almost no time for computer games at all...

Travel only in January !