1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crunch Cup IV

Discussion in 'Crunch Cup' started by Netsmurf, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moguai

Moguai Member

Country Flag:
    I'd second that, there are quite a few teams I would like to try out and I'd rather do it in a Cup than in the Meat Grinder that is MM in the open leagues

2. Pottsy

Pottsy Member

Country Flag:
    My vote is for normal teams using former teams.
    I'd like to see my werewolves enter the fray again :D

3. Gokkesokken

Gokkesokken New Member

Country Flag:
    Bigger groupstage is okay, I think. But I do like the way it is run now. Everybody get a taste of the KO-rounds, and that I find very funny! You can loose your first 3 matches and still win the whole thing.
    I don't like the extra inducements as they can twist the game balance upside down very fast. I like to play Chaos, and can you imagine what I could get of more strenght and such, if I wanted to? A slippery slope I don't like. I like the game in the "real" format.
    However I do like the randomized teams. It could make it fun for everybody!

4. Strobinator

Strobinator Member

Country Flag:
    This is really a side topic, but I think Amazons do not get weak quickly. I have a nagg team that can hold its own around 1800 TV. While the proliferation of tackle hurts them, the proliferation of claw has no effect on them. That and their players get some really good skill combos as the TV goes up.

Amazons are a great skills, average stats team.

5. Narly Bird

Narly Bird Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    How did you manage to level up your Khemri team to the same tv as my Amazon team? Whilst i started out a bit slowly, in my last 2 games i scored quite a lot of TD's. And i haven't suffered any deaths/retirements either. I thought Khemri were in the same basket with Nurgle in that they take a long time to get skills?

6. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    He has made a lot of TD and a lot of Cas, the first game vs ghaz was above average, the norse game was insane. 8 cas, 3 TD IN THE RAIN... I once spent a whole half trying to pick the ball up in the rain as khemri (failed and my opponent got an equilizing TD :D).

So bit of luck with Cas in 2 games, some luck picking up the ball (which you always need with Khemri, picking the ball up with a throwra is about the same as making 2 GFI with no RR, something I would feel nervous about relying on :D ), and making a lot if blocks in general.

7. Sceadeau

Sceadeau Active Member

Country Flag:
    I also play in a manner that is conducive to leveling. Like in my last game, I specifically was hitting and blitzing with my 4 spp mummy to try to get the CAS i needed to level, and gave the 5 spp mummy the ball when the kick went out of bounds. End result, 2 levels for this past game, if I get normal rolls for each, we have a tied TV.

Oh, and Etheric, I wasn't lucky in picking up the ball in the rain, I was 3 of 10, which is actually below average for rain pickups. I just had a LOT of chances.

8. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    So I have fiddled around with the league setup a bit. It is possible to make a Grand Slam tourney.

First there is a group stage and then there is another group stage and finaly playoffs.

So after the first group is played all teams are shuffled into new groups and then the outcome of that one will deside who goes into the playoffs.

This leaves a few questions:

1) Themed or normal tourney?
    2) Rookie teams or experienced?
    3) Extra or normal inducements?
    4) Group size?
    5) How many to go into playoffs?

I prefer nothing as I will not be able to play in the cup, but I can manage it. Just doesn´t fit with a baby and a nagging wife to have to many scheduled matches:(

EDIT: I do have this idea though, Normal tourney, rookie teams, extra inducements, 4 groups of 8 all the way, 16 teams to playoff. This gives a minimum of 14 matches in the groupestages!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  9. Etheric

Etheric Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Etheric
    Country Flag:
    My vote
    Normal tourney, not interested in a themed one.
    Rookie teams (if you go experienced will probably not join). If you want experienced make a league, everyone playes everyone, experienced in Div 1, rookie in div2, then promote/relegate at end of season.
    Either inducements is fine with me, we could use a good writeup of what the extra ones are and how much tehy cost if we go that way though.
    Group size of 6 is probably good
    Then 4 to playoffs

10. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    I cant divide 32 into 6:pow:

11. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    IMHO:
    1) Normal
    2) Rookie
    3) Normal inducements - extended are too powerful IMO.
    4) 4 - This would mean you get 6 matches and then playoffs. Alternatively 6 teams to have 10 matches and then playoffs. Size of 8 (min 16 matches = 3 months is too long!)
    5) Top 2 from each division.

12. Snotty

Snotty Member

Country Flag:
    normal for me

id prefere experience, but wouldnt begrudge rookie

question: if we have the extra inducements, would that mean we would being using cyanides interpretation of spells (each race having their own naff spell), because if so i say no to inducements.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  13. Sceadeau

Sceadeau Active Member

Country Flag:
    Yeah, one of the best things about Khemri is the lowered expectations. When you play woodies, you just expect your dodge out, pick up the ball, hand-off play to work when you have a reroll back, and there is absolute agony when that fails.

With the Khemri, you expect absolutely nothing to work, ever. You don't rely on picking up the ball, you actually fully expect it to fail. I'm only surprised when the agility action works.

14. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    It will not be with racial spells, only the normal onetime wizard:pow:

15. Vusfnuv

Vusfnuv Member

Country Flag:
    1. Isn't 14+ matches too much? It's something like 3-5 months for a tournament.
    2. Should it be exactly 32 teams? I guess every next Crunch Cup you get more and more players. Can it be increased to 36-40?

16. Netsmurf

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    36 or 40 or any even number is possible:pow:

17. maxcarrion

maxcarrion Active Member

Country Flag:
    1) at some point I would like a champions league where the top teams from the various crunch cups face off - but that needs to be seperate from the crunch cup seasons as many people won't be eligible. I'm keeping my dwarves as they were at the end of last season for just such an occasion - until then keep the crunch cup rookie and "normal" , normal teams, normal inducements, between 1 and 3 months long (4-13 games)

I wouldn't mind actually getting to finish this one before starting the next one too :p CCIII started the same week CCII ended, a weeks off season wouldn't be so bad :p

18. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    I still have my Lizard team from CCI in the same condition as when they won it (Krox MNG). But that was in the old version, so i dont think i can play teams using Legendary with them...:(

19. maxcarrion

maxcarrion Active Member

Country Flag:
    All my BBDE teams are playable in LE :p

20. Narly Bird

Country Flag:
    I have a new coach name for Legendary as it wouldnt let me use the same one as DE edition for some reason. So i guess that means i cant use the team anymore?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.