Crunch Cup XII Fallen Paladin United

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Once upon a time, there were four noble Paladins. They traveled the lands of the Auld world and fought evil and Chaos wherever they found it. There was Paladin Herinous, The bravest and most handsome of the knights. He was always the first to charge in to a fight and would never back down while innocent people were threatened.
There was Paladin Light, the wisest and most learned of the knights. She always came up with a plan to lead the knights to victory and was able to discern evil no matter how well it hid.
There was Paladin Bob, the kindest, gentlest and... thickest of all the knights. Lost in the woods at birth, he was raised by Owlbears and ever since has been aided by small furry animals when in need.
And there was Paladin Sigmar, The strongest, toughest and most determined of the knights. He led the knights through all dangers, personally slew the dragon of Ferchin tower and was known far and wide for his righteous fury.

As the knights grew in fame they attracted an entourage, numerous brave squires, men at arms and a bard called Lovebloom. There was no evil the knights could not overcome, and after defeating all the Daemons of grock wood Paladin Sigmar thought they should rest for a while, and perhaps play a bit of sport.

The knights turned to bloodbowl with passion and determination, gave their all and played with great honor and sportsmanship. There was but one problem. They were monumentally, incredibly, unbelievably shit at it. Like you wouldn't even believe. All of Paladin Lights plans crumpled on every kick-off, Paladin Herinous blitzed once and was immediately gang-fouled, Paladin bob could only cry for help as he was chain surfed from the pitch and Paladin Sigmar was left in the pitch while goblins pass the ball back and forth over his head, mocking him.

The noble Paladins tried for months but at the end of each day all Bard lovebloom could sing were tales of woe. But then one day, while clearing out a deranged cult, Paladin Sigmar came across a strange helm. When he pick up the helm, a voice whispered to him, promising him glory, and the power to rule the world! Paladin Sigmar ignored the voice, and took the helm with him back to the city where the cursed object might be properly destroyed.

However before handing the helm in, the Paladins had one last match to play. They were playing against a team of underfed halflings who had tragically lost both their treemen to moot blight the match before. Paladin Sigmar was cautiously optimistic of a draw. But the Halflings destroyed the paladins, with a battered Paladin light, who might never walk again after the injuries the halflings inflicted, screaming at the referee to do something while almost the entire halfling team jumped up and down on Paladin Bob.

At half time Paladin Sigmar looked over his battered knights and their followers. He almost wept with rage. Then a voice whispered to him. The helm called to him. If he only put it on then he might become a great and glorious champion! Paladin Sigmar wavered. He looked across his team with their faces filled with despair. Then, his gaze came to the tournament calendar. They were facing dwarves next. He cracked.

Paladin Sigmar rushed over to the saddlebags, pulled out the helm and put it on!

The sky immediately darkened, the ground shook and a great surge of magic engulfed the Paladins and their followers. The cloud of magic dissipated and the sky cleared. The crowd looked on and were awed as the Paladins walked onto the pitch. All four Paladins were now seven feet tall and armoured in glorious black. Their squires and men at arms stalked onto the field, their forms twisted and bestial.

Bard Lovebloom became an enormous minotaur, but squealed and ran away into the woods. Paladin sigmar shrugged. They would find him later.

The game ended with the entire team covered in halfling blood, victorious. After sending some of the men at arms to go find Lovebloom, Paladin Sigmar looked to the road ahead.

"Good! You have slaughtered those pathetic creatures and their sacrifice has completed the transformation!" whispered the voice from the helm "Now you can travel north to the wastes! Unlimited power awaits! You shall rule the world!"

"No"

"Ahahahaha...wait, what?"

"I do not care for the wastes. I have another, goal."

"But...Unlimited power! Glory! Treasure! Concubines! Huge armies at your command! Did I mention all the pow...none of this is selling you is it."

"I want something more!"

"What?"

"I want the Crunch Cup."

ImageRoster.aspx

Phunbaba

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Phunbaba
Country Flag
That's some skill selections. So much diversity. One Eyed Ralph just needs to die and then you'd have no repeats. :p

I can hardly wait to see this team develop more.

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That's some skill selections. So much diversity. One Eyed Ralph just needs to die and then you'd have no repeats. :p

I can hardly wait to see this team develop more.

Originality is the Paladins motto! Expect to see lots of exciting and unusual skills like Guard, mighty blow and tackle in the future. ;)

Well, time for a look at the opposition:

First up we have the Woodie team 'I wish I played Orcs' coached by Gremzillia.

He has a couple of solid level 3 Wardancers

A +agi block catcher

A smattering of level 2 linesmen including a kicker

and a rookie tree.

Wardancers with an agi 5 catcher to retrieve the ball and run away with it are probably going to be very hard to defend against with no tackle or block on my players yet, but woody linesmen break (except when they last played my ogres) and I'll only need one assist to get three dice on the catcher if I can get a shot at him. Going to be a hard match to win this one, but a few good armour breaks or an unlucky leap from a dancer could give us a shot.

In match day 2 we have 'Farfeteched Tactics' coached by Miicr0

Woodies twice in a row! A solid strip ball wardancer and WHAT IS THAT THING OH MY GOD KILLITKILLIT a str 4 agi 5 beast of a wardancer Marly the Mohawk.

three catchers, one wrestle dodge with a smashed hip, one with block and a rookie.

A rookie thrower and a kick/tackle lino

And a tree with grab.

My best plan to deal with Marly is to pay off Kejlstad to kill the bastard before I play against him. Apart the that fairly similar to the other woodies, but with only having 11 players on the pitch to start with they will hopefully suffer more if I can get a cas or two early on and they might have slightly more trouble running away with the ball after its knocked loose.

For match day 3 'Terrors of Legend' coached by Basalisk9466

Hes got Fenris, one nasty bastard of a werewolf with block mighty blow and +MA. The others a rookie.

Two solid guard wights

A wrodge ghoul and a blodge ghoul.

A zombie with guard and one of the flesh golems it str 5.

The MB wolf probably concerns me the most, as he could very easily start removing my players if I let him. The SF golems could clog up my offense, but unless he gets block on the before we play I'll likely be able to knock them over without to much difficulty in order to get past them. I hope to be able to get some guard on my chaos warriors before we play, otherwise he may be able to out-block me with his three guards.

Match day 4 is Kejlstad's 'Pro snots'

a couple of dirty snots and a couple with diving tackle

5 ogres total, though he's very close to haveing the cash for a 6th, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a full ogre roster.

Three block ogres, one of which has + Ma and another has piling on and grab.

2 guard ogres

Could be a very rough match if the ogres aren't feeling boneheaded. The high strength with a decent amount of guard could be diffcult to deal with. Hoping Lovebloom has claw by this match, could make life a lot easier.

Match day 5 is Wallbangers 'Nidhoggstad Knightmares'

blodge sidestep runner

Str 4 linesman

Av 8 Linesman

two wolves, both with block

and a yeti

The Fallen Paladins and The Nidhoggstad Knightmares have met before on the pitch in CTA. The match ended in a close 1-0 win by the paladins but over all a very anemic match, with terrible armour rolls and only a single cas, a beastman! The Highlight of that match was the Paladins useing a wizard fireball on a perfect 9 square of norsemen. The exact rear five went down, with no armour breaks. I expect both the Paladins and the Knightmares are hoping for a more bloody match this time around...

On match day 6 we face more norse (this division seems to have a 'doubles' theme going, broken only by me and Basalisk9466) With the 'March Boyars' coached by Hobnail.

Really impossible to say much about this team atm, as they start the league with three skill-ups pending and only ten players though a lot of gold. The yeti has mighty blow and both runners are blodge. One of the runners has sure hands so he is obviously planning on running the ball with him.

Apart from that this team could do anything, so little point in making predictions at this stage.

And finally, for the last match day, we have Danton and his 'Spanish Inquisitors'

Highlights of the team are a block/guard ogre, a +MA blaock piling on ogre and two, yes two, agi 3 ogres!

With all six ogres on the pitch and the team sitting at TV 1600 I'm glad to be facing them last after I've had a least a chance to skill up a bit more! With those agi 3 ogres I expect to see lots of Ogre ball carrying action.

Overall this should be a very interesting division, with lots of bash, but most of it also being quite fragile. A good division to follow if you like to see some cas! I reckon The Paladins have a shot against everybody, the wood elf match being probable losses, but far from hopeless. The norse are going to hit me hard, but they'll get hit hard back. The ogre are ogres and who knows what will happen, but if Loveblom gets claw things might swing chaos's way. I still don't know what to make of Necromatic, despite half my CTA matches having been against them lately. Really hoping to have some more guard by the time I face them so I can pin them In a scrum better.

So first off, any particular advice against these wood elves, bar hit them and hope they break? :p

Basilisk9466

Star Player
Country Flag
So first off, any particular advice against these wood elves, bar hit them and hope they break? :p

Chaos have any other tactics? :p

From my time playing Woodsies, my advice is to never forget leap. WDs being blodgers out of the box is annoying, but that leap can be a game changer.

Otherwise, you need to play pitch control. You've got absolutely no hope of catching up to the bastards if they get past your lines, so make that as awkward as possible.

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Looking again at my first opponent:

ImageRoster.aspx

At the moment I will be getting a babe in inducements, but that probably isn't very useful in the scheme of things. I have enough gold to purchase another beastman, which would mean neither of us get inducements and I would have a 12th man (and a 13th man overall when my MNG comes back for MD2). This would hake me more able to deal with any cas caused by the tree, and possibly give me more fouling potential.

However this would mean I would probably be giving up a babe to next weeks opponent:
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageRoster.aspx?id=1326340&lang=en

It would mean I only have 20k left in the treasury though.

What do People think?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Also good to have a spare man for opportunistic fouls on downed war dancers. So I'd take one though its a bit risky if you lose a CW you can't afford to replace. Giving away babes is generally never a problem.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I tend to agree with TS - you never want to be facing wood elves (or any other kind of elves, for that matter) when you are DOWN players, so the insurance of an extra beastman will be nice to have. Plus, it's not like he will be a strategic waste - chaos usually runs 12-13 man rosters anyway, from what I've seen, so unless you are saving for an extra RR or worried about having to potentially replace a chaos warrior, I say buy the 13th (beast)man! :) .

The elves do have essential block parity here, counting the wrestlers, and a lot of dodge to your zero tackle, so expect the KD rate to suck. That having been said, giving the ball to a CW will give the elves problems - they only have one player who has a chance to deal with that, which is the strip ball wardancer. If you dedicate yourself to marking and punching her, as well as keeping plenty of big boys around the ball, your offense should manage pretty well. The tree can easily be negated due to its slow movement - every gfi it has to make is a chance to waste a RR, not to mention every action it takes has a 1/6 chance to make it immobile for the rest of the drive. I've dodged zombies away from a tree before, because hey - if it fails, at least MB is not being added to the armor check :p .

Should be a fun game - there are plenty of non-dodge linemen for you try making mincemeat out of, and your mino can get a 3d block x2 on the catcher just for showing up, if the opportunity presents itself.

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
i've got one piece of advice for you for facing the elves.

run the ball with the Chaos Warriors and keep your AG4 beastman adjacent to the ballcarrier at all times. You'll have security and options...whether you use a handoff or not, its something the woody coach MUST keep in mind.

You can't very well hope for a handoff breakaway against a team that outspeeds you this badly, but a surprise flank switch could catch your opponents struggling to respond.

Meanwhile the CW won't be scoring fast....but you don't wanna score fast. Plod that ball slowly forwards and be confident that leap suddenly becomes the woodie last resort (3+ leap, 2d against hit....or 2+ leap 1d hit from marly 'The Beast' the Mohawk...GL getting 2 guard before then!).

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks for the advice guys. :)

Carrying the ball with a warrior definitely seems like the way to go for these matches. Not like I'm going to be needing the extra speed while stomping down the pitch for a turn 8 score. Ralph can hang around nearby, just in case a hand-off is needed or the ball goes loose.
I'll also go with the extra beastman, the only worry is the treasury being a little low in case anything happens to a CW.

Paladin Sigmar walked into the tavern the team had 'commandeered' for the duration of the cup. He lifted a nearby beastman up by the scruff of it neck and held it in front of him.

"Report."

"Lord Sigmar! Lady Light awaits you in the back room."

"Is Lovebloom secure?"

"Y-yes Lord! He is chained in the cellar, though he injured many while we were moving him..."

"Good. See that he isn't fed before the match."

Sigmar tossed the beastman aside and went into the back room. Paladin Light sat at a table waiting for him. Sigmar sat and joined her.

"I have been considering our first match..." said Light "We need one more beast for the squad."

"I'll pick one of the bigger ones later."

"One of us will need to be carrying the ball. These elves are tricky, they would take down Ralph too easily, half-elf or not."

"Herinous can take the ball then. That will please him."

"Just so long as he doesn't cock it up. He been getting...stranger... since our transformation."

"Where is he at the moment?"

"Outside, teaching some of the beastmen how to perform a 'Haka'."

"Hmm. Can't hurt."

"I'm more concerned about the beasts he's trying to teach to be cheerleaders."

"Tell me there are no miniskirts involved."

"Fortunately he couldn't find any."

In the attic of the tavern, Paladin Bob has helping the newest member of the team move in.

"So you're a witch then?" Paladin Bob asked amicably

"Yep" said the young woman "Put those books over there, dear"

Bob complied. "It's funny, a few months ago we would have killed you on sight, but here I am helping you move in. Its funny how life works out."

"Hahahha. Ah, yes it is. Just shift that bookcase, there's a good chap."

"Sigmar said that you're going to fix us up after matches now, as the churchs don't like us anymore." Bob frowned "I wonder why? Light said that they even sent some 'quisitors after us. I liked 'qusitors, they had nice hats."

"Well don't worry Bob, The Church have never liked me, and I'm fine. I'll patch you all up no bother"

"Oh, good"

"Now be a good boy and see if you can bring one of the elves back alive. I need more elf blood for my potions."

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Fallen Paladins Match Day One

The Paladins won the toss and set up to kick first planing to get the elves to score fast and go for a two one grind. Herinous's Haka was unfortunately met with elven laughter rather than terror, and the elves were boosted by their mirth and received a reroll from the kick-off.

The elves start their drive by hitting the l.o.s, but failed to get more than one stunned beast. They then made a quick pass to their agi 5 catcher. The Paladins retaliated with a messed up block by young pete costing a reroll and Lovebloom being freaked out by the starting whistle and staying in place blubbering. The elves tree then decided to make a daring blitz, failing first the take root which was successfully rerolled, then failing the GFI and falling down!

The Paladin then herded Lovebloom into running into a wardancer by throwing things at him, but he was uninterested in hurting the majestic elf, and he just pushed her aside. The elves then were able to one dice pow one of the beasts, Squire Jerome, with a wardancer, badly hurting him and opening a path through for the elves. The elves formed a sufficient screen to stop the Paladins from hitting the ball carrier, but the Paladins moved enough players up to force them to score on their fourth turn.

0-1 to IWIPO

The Paladins started their drive with a quicksnap. The Paladins then hit the L.O.S for no damage and Squire Bob chased Lovebloom into the elven half, where he failed to knock over a lineman. Paladin Herinous moved to cover the ball, then ralph picked the ball up and handed it to him.

Here I made a bit of a mistake, as I left a path though the line which only needed a single clean dodge. I had been looking at potential placements for my last Warrior when I accidentally double clicked and sent him far up the pitch >.< . Fortunately all the elves were out of range of the ball carrier. The wardancers and one lino moved through the hole to threaten my ball carrier and the tree marked up a warrior and a beastman.

I formed a cage a couple of squares into my half and marked up some of the nearby elves. Several beastmen in the crowd lured Lovebloom to the sideline with a bag of snacks, forcing a lineman off the pitch. Lovebloom was then poked with spears until he ran away from the sideline.
The elves started off their turn with the tree pushing away the beastman marking him and taking root. The strip ball wardancer then failed a leap into the cage. Much as the Paladins wanted to stamp on the Dancer, time was too short and the team was able to solidly advance the cage, moving past the helpless treeman. Lovebloom, whose feeling had been hurt by the offer then refusal of snacks, stayed where he was and did nothing.

He was then overjoyed when and elf and some of his friends ran up and one dice blocked him, wrestling him to the ground. For a brief moment Lovebloom felt joy and warmth as he looked up at his new elven friends. Then they started kicking him in the head, stunning him.

On the elves turn eight the Paladins cage was six squares from the endzone and with the ball safely in his hands, Heroinous was making the signal for the cheering beastmen to get ready for his touchdown dance. Then suddenly, a wardancer jumped into the cage and hit him in the head with a flying kick, two dice against for a stumble and a pow! The ball went flying and ended up in the hands of a lineself who had thankfully already moved.
The paladins then had to block him twice before knocking him over, then carefully push a wardancer out of the way of the ball before picking up with Heroinous and handing off to Ralph for the score!.

1 – 1

The Paladins Received to a jubilant crowd, and the mass of cheering fans gave both teams an additional reroll. The Paladins sent Ralph and Heroinous to collect the ball, while Lovebloom charged at the elf that have so betrayed him, but was only able to stun the elf. The rest of the team moved between the elves and the ball.

The elves moved up and set up a line between the two halves of the Paladins team. However Paladin Heroinous was able to just make it to the other side of the line by running up the side. The elven line was then heavily marked by warriors and beasts. Lovebloom was sent to charge at the Agi 5 Catcher who was open for a blitz, but rolled double bothdowns and a skull on three dice and loner kicked in eating the reroll!

A lines elf made a couple of dodges in a tackle zone and was able to provide an assist to the strip ball wardancer, who made three dodges (two of which were into a tacklezone) two GFIs to make a one dice block on the ball carrier. But after passing all those dodges, the dancer rolled a skull, then a skull again! The wardancer collided with Heroinous's spikey shoulder pad, killing itself instantly! However the well prepped apothecary was able to revive the wardancer, who watched the rest of the match from the sidelines.

The Paladins moved the cage up and shoved a lineself off the pitch while they were at it. Paladin Light then tried to knock over the tree instead of taking the more intelligent action of dodging away and was knocked over. The tree then rotted itself blocking away the marking beastman. The elves moved up alongside the cage, and when it was just in front of the endzone they punched away a beast and marked up Heroinous.

For the last three turns of the game the paladins pushed elves off the ball carrier, and the elves kept making two dice against blocks, resulting in pushes. On turn eight Heroinous was blocked free and ran in the ball.

2 – 1 Fallen Paladin United!

The Woodies sent up for a one turn touchdown, and were aided by a touchback, but the first block resulted in a pow and the attempt failed.

A good start for the Paladins! Running the ball with the warrior was definitely the right call, as all those crazy wardancer blitzes would have been knocking the ball out of a beasts hands all over the place. As was the 12th man, as I needed him right away! Being down a man from turn 4 onwards would have hurt.
The Paladins continue their pre-season habit of winning matches with barely any injuries, as the only cas on the elves was self inflicted! Indeed Loveblooms only casualty to date was caused when Akirilus's Mummy double skulled blitzing him! Seems the Paladins are having a hard time learning to hurt people.

ImageMatchReport.aspx

D6 were +8.89 for the Paladins and +6.29 for the Woodies.

2d6 were -12.36 for the Paladins and +17.79 for the Woodies! If that Wardancer hadn't hurt herself I would have been out damaged by the elves...

Thanks to Gremzilla for the match, was a tense game right to the end.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
nice report....Lovebloom's antics are amusing to read about, but probably rather frustrating to experience!

LOL - he is a typical minotaur, sounds like an average day's work for him :) . I had a game recently where my minotaur succeeded 4 WA rolls to reposition (4+), but failed 4 WA rolls to initiate a block (2+). Comes with the territory, I suppose :) .

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I meant to write more on the team before their second match, but had a hard week and never got around to it. Oh well, here's match two.

The team prepared to go out onto the pitch.

"Everyone, more coverage on the ball this time. Jerome, keep hitting the catchers and dancers; put that tackle training to use! Witch, make sure you hit that tree with a potion; I want it out of my way! Bob, MAIM the elves, not hug them!" Paladin Sigmar barked.

"But they're so pretty! I don't want to hurt them..."

"You will hurt them and you will like it! And you, Lovebloom!" Sigmar narrowed his eyes as he turned to face the leashed Minotaur. "If you don't inflict some damage this time, no snacks for a week!"
ImageMatchReport.aspx

The match started with the Paladins electing to receive, deciding to try and inflict some damage as the elves only had 11 players. The weather was sweltering heat. The elves got a perfect defense off the kick and messed up the Paladins opening blocks, but also moving a catcher in such a away that he could be surfed by Lovebloom! A surf I then promptly screwed up by misclicking the angle of the blitz. >.< Lovebloom managing to pow him on the second roll, but with no damage.

The kick went fairly deep, and after ordering the rest of the team to cover them, Sigmar sent Ralph to go collect the ball and bring it to him so it could be safely caged. Ralph damn near fucked up the pick-up, but a Team Glare from Sigmar allowed him to pick it up. I had, however, stupidly made the pickup and hand-off all one action, so the ball shot smoothly past Sigmar's outstretched hands and was left in his tacklezone.

The woodies blodge catcher then makes three GFIs with a reroll and picks up the ball. He then tried a pass, but instead fumbles the ball. Handing it right to Sigmar. The catcher in question was then three dice blitzed by Jerome the Tacklebeast, who damaged his back! The Paladins then cage up start moving up the left flank, away from the tree.

The cage moved slowly as Marly the Mowhawk, the STR4 Wardancer, made moving heavily into contact difficult with only one guard. The tree rooted itself well out of the way and Lovebloom stunned a catcher then stared wandering towards the middle of the pitch from the right flank.

The team regrouped in the center, but found it hard to make a hole in the elves defense. Old Pete the skill-less beastman made a one assist foul on a knocked over wardancer, but rolled 2-2 and was sent off. By turn Seven the paladins were starting get worried about not making it through and ran the Tacklebeast and Ralph into scoring range. Light tried to make two GfIs to screen off Ralph better, but failed the second.

The elves mark up Ralph, but then fail a loner dodge, successfully reroll it, but then fail the strip-ball wardancers leap for a two dice against blitz. A beast blitzes Ralph free, two woodies are K.Oed and the score is run in!

1-0 Fallen Paladin United!

Heats knocks out two beasts and no elves, but the weather changes to very sunny.
The elves set up for a one turn touchdown, but get a stumble on their first block and have no rerolls.
The elves foul, fortunately only a stun.

Second Half starts with only a lineself left K.O making thing 11-vs 9. The elves get a touchback and start the turn with a block from the tree, which goes both-down on a blockless beast damaging its back. The Paladins then move most of the team up into contact, leaving two beasts in the back.

The elves then move up to screen a wardancer on the left flank, but are just out of scoring range. The thrower moves in to join the screen and hands off to a catcher. The tree stands up, but then immediately roots!
Lovebloom blitzes the lead catcher but rolls a one for wild animal. I agonize for a moment, but reroll its and thankfully it works. The catcher is only pushed twice, but this leaves Lovebloom pinning the catcher and wardancer to the side of the pitch with the help of a couple of beasts.

The elves then go for the middle, but a failed dodge leaves their cage open and the wrestle catcher three dice blocked by Jerome the Tacklebeast. It takes a reroll, but the catcher is stunned and the ball goes free. With no reroll in hand the Paladin opt to mark the ball up rather than attempt a risk 3+ pick-up with Ralph. Lovebloom rolls another 1 on his wild animal test, which prevents him from hitting a wardancer.

The elfs knock a beast into the ball, pushing it next to their tree, but fail a block to move a beast out of the way and turn over. An elf catcher is K.Oed into the ball and it moves out into the hands of a loner lineself. Who is then stunned and the ball taken by Ralph. Marly is then Powed and K.Oed, but uses the Apoth to stay on the pitch!

The paladin form a cage, but one the strip-ball wardancer leaps into it and one dice pows Ralph. And the ball flies straight to Sigmar! Who apparently secretly has NoS and catch. The paladins surf the annoying dancer, Marly makes herself scarce to avoid injury and Sigmar moves up to score on turn 16 for 2-0 Paladins!

I was lucky that this game wasn't lost on turn one due to the failed hand-off. Which never should have been made. Still, for the rest of my games this season Ralph will be carrying the ball himself, which will make pick-ups less complicated. Still, need to cover my pick-ups better.

I'm not 100% sure what was going wrong on my first drive, but I was having a lot of trouble progressing the cage. Marly really made it hard for me to confidently get into contact.

It is now largely confirmed that Lovebloom doesn't hurt people. Unfortunately until I get a beast with MB, he's still the go-to blitzer.

The Paladin made a solid improvement in the damage department from last week though, with only -2 2d6 as opposed to -12. And while we still only got one cas, we got it on purpose this time!

Thanks to Miicr0 for the match, I'll enjoy watching what Marly does from now on!

Last edited:

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Right, the Paladins next match is against these lovely Nercos.
ImageRoster.aspx

Many thanks to Danton for reducing the amount of guard I will be facing this match! Should make life a bit easier. Very nearly got the wolf too...
It seems that Basilisk won't have quite enough for a wizard, so Inducement-wise things look pretty good. The MB +MA Wolf looks to be the biggest threat, I'll probably be hitting him every chance I get and foul him too if given the chance.

Enough you lot have been beating me with Necro teams in CTA lately that you should be able to offer me some good advice here. :p

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
And try not to get your players killed - dead players can't score touchdowns!

(Living ones often can't either, so there's that to consider)

On a more serious note, if a Flesh Golem can tie up two Chaos Warriors, it's winning. Don't let it win. If a zombie ties up a chaos warrior, it's also winning. If your minotaur can surf out the +MA werewolf, you are winning.

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
mark the werewolf....mark it with a rookie beast....its as close as you have to a throwaway player.

Now for the twist:
Make sure you mark it from a side that will see the werewolf move further and further from protection. The wolf has no choice in following up or not, so marking from a strange side that will see the wolf get itself isolated for a punch in the face and group "hug" is the goal.

Remthar

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well, that sucked.

ImageMatchReport.aspx

Terrors of Legend D6 +6.25

Fallen Paladin D6 -7.56

Terrors of Legend 2d6 +9.67

Fallen Paladin 2d6 -13.84

I broke Armour five times. I K.Oed a zombie in the last couple of turns, long long after it could have mattered. A did get a badly hurt on the Mb wolf, but it regened and was back in a few turns.

I went into the second half with three beasts in the K.O box and they all stayed there.

Basically, this isn't a match report, this is me bitching and moaning to get it out of my system.

Lovebloom failed his wild animal for his first two blitzes, the second of witch was a three dice blitz on the MB wolf. He later did manage his first real cas in the 6 games he's been on the team. (The "Cas" he had before was from Akirilus's Mummy double skulling on him and hurting itself.)

Beastmen armour broke like it was made of tissue paper.

Paladin Light got a serious concussion, which was the only perminant damage. I'm pretty sure that's a sacking injury. She'll be replaced easily enough, but loosing block is a pain.

I have come to the conclusion that The paladins don't like hurting other people. Maybe its the name. My next team will be named the Killgore Deathbastards, I'll see if it makes any difference.

I am seriously considering taking Lovebloom behind the shed and giving him both barrels between the eyes. He's never pulled his weight, and trying to blitz with him has left me in several very bad spots.

Raraagrh

Well, nufflings happen. I didn't really play my best in the first half, letting my Cws get bogged down in zombies and Leaving Ralph insufficiently protected. And it hasn't hurt my team much for the long run. Maybe my armour and cas luck will get paid back suddenly, and I'll kill an entire team.

GG to Basalisk9466 for the match and good luck in the rest of the CC.

Basilisk9466

Star Player
Country Flag
Definitely not one of those matches that's fun for the losing side. Can't say I'm too sorry, after having two pretty gruelling openers for CC and a long losing streak with the Terrors before that, but Nuffle was definitely not fair to you. On the plus side, you're still div 5 second place, and there's a bunch of squishy Norse for you to beat up :)

By all accounts, Lovebloom has been a liability. Funny how even with a supposed random number generator, some players just have personality. Fenris refuses to dodge unless he's blitzing, or has already blitzed - can't get that boy away from a fight. I wouldn't sack him just yet (though I have a personal weak spot for big guys, so I'm biased) but it could be worth trying to sideline him in your tactics, keeping him for non-essential plays. You could always throw him on the LoS as a big slab of meat that needs to be dealt with if you're not fussed about him dying. Best case scenario, he doesn't get knocked down and can get some easy blocks in, worst case the opposition has had to focus to get him down or seriously alter their formation to avoid him. Something to consider.